Kintamayama

Takanohana-devil's advocate

18 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

The Kyokai, OTOH answered Takanohana by fax that his excuses were "difficult to understand".

These faxes don't seem to be working. Perhaps they should try semaphore?

It's not going to help Takanohana to get any riji status back any time soon if he shirks his duties at his present level and even denies the need for them.
I can understand the Kyokai's exasperation at this point -- they want to be able to trust Takanohana's ability to do a job.

There is a cog in the wheel and the longer this ridiculous situation continues, the less likely that Takanohana will ever regain any position of power.
If it has to come to a no-holds barred head-to head, it's the Kyokai that will win, not the lone wolf however righteous his cause.

"This can't go on.. If he doesn't show up, we have to summon him here and get some answers from him. He has an injured rikishi and he's worried about him? Many oyakata have injured rikishi and are worried about them as well. Anyway, wouldn't it make more sense for him to actually be at the venue close to Takanoiwa to keep an eye on him from close up if he's so worried? " asked an anonymous riji.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Looks like Takanohana is playing the Casanova gambit: it is easier to seek forgiveness than permission.  It risks being a dangerous game.  I can't see what he thinks he has to gain from this apart from looking petulant and insubordinate.  

...So, is Takanohana still refusing to go his office? Takanoiwa lost today, how is he taking it? Getting unhinged or "Ganbarimasu"? Has he taken the front entrance now?
I miss my daily dose of Takanohana scandal.

Edited by orandashoho

1 hour ago, orandashoho said:

...So, is Takanohana still refusing to go his office? Takanoiwa lost today, how is he taking it? Getting unhinged or "Ganbarimasu"? Has he taken the front entrance now?
I miss my daily dose of Takanohana scandal.

Nothing written at all till a while ago.He wasn't there today either apparently. After asageiko today, he was asked by the media if he was going to work today.

"Are you going to work today?"

"I cannot say anything. I will avoid the answer. Sorry.. "

"How is Takanoiwa?"

"Not bad.. not bad.."

"Is the most important thing the welfare of your deshi?'

"Yes, it is."

"And the document you sent to the Cabinet Office?"

"I am proceeding discreetly."

And the Kyokai? They intend to deal with him. They are not accepting his excuses which he sent by facsimile. Hakkaku sent him a written request to show up. The tensions are mounting. Another fax arrived today from Takanohana. "We are still instructing him to show up," said Kasugano Oyakata today.He demanded (in Hakkaku's name) that Takanohana show up. Second demand now. How will Takanohana react? Will he take his heya out of the Kyokai and establish a parallel organization with the Cirque de Soleil? Will he disband his heya and release his deshi in the wild? Suddenly his heya has become a strong one with 4 sekitori. This is not some small-time heya anymore. And he enjoys a lot of popularity outside of the powers that be, i.e. with General Public. I am very curious to see how this pans out, and how the Kyokai can prove to the public that this isn't some personal vendetta against Takanohana for involving the police, the government, the army and Yves St. Laurent in all this.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

I have a feeling he's daring them to not give him a yakuin taigu position again when the new executive term starts in April. Not sure what he hopes to get out of it, perhaps he genuinely thinks "people" (the public, government, whatever) will be sufficiently outraged on his behalf if the great Takanohana finds himself back among the regular oyakata riffraff. Alternatively, maybe he just doesn't give a crap about the administrative stuff anymore if he has to be a mere flunky.

Takanohana arrived at the venue today at around 1 PM local time, stayed at the Yakuin office for three minutes, and left. He stayed at the venue for all of 10 minutes and did not stick around to watch Takanoiwa's bout.

201803150000476-w500_0.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

Takanohana arrived at the venue today at around 1 PM local time, stayed at the Yakuin office for three minutes, and left. He stayed at the venue for all of 10 minutes and did not stick around to watch Takanoiwa's bout.

Maybe he just came to pick up his paycheck.

2 hours ago, Taikoubana said:

He reminds me of Tuxedo Mask. He swoops in, does nothing, then leaves.

Except Tuxedo Mask looks cooler and travels with his own theme music.

16 hours ago, Asashosakari said:

I have a feeling he's daring them to not give him a yakuin taigu position again when the new executive term starts in April. Not sure what he hopes to get out of it, perhaps he genuinely thinks "people" (the public, government, whatever) will be sufficiently outraged on his behalf if the great Takanohana finds himself back among the regular oyakata riffraff. Alternatively, maybe he just doesn't give a crap about the administrative stuff anymore if he has to be a mere flunky.

Maybe he thinks he's the Capo di tutti capi (boss of all bosses - I watched The Godfather the other night)

There's a huge game being played behind the scenes. Takanohana doesn't show up as he's ordered Takanoiwa to have a mediocre performance! You just don't LOSE to Akiseyama. (Well actually four people have in five days but that's not the point). We know Takanohana's playing a game he knows it too as he's the play-er, as does Hakkaku and the kyokai. But Takanohana knows WHAT game he's playing, the kyokai has a clue, the media doesn't, we have a clue based on the media's not knowing. Takanoiwa not doing great makes it seems as if his injury is a long term recovery he needs to be present for, when actually he's just being an insubordinate jack***. To be honest I'm quite enjoying this; the back and forth faxing seems like a cheesy romantic drama from the 90s. 

I hope no one takes this seriously, I'm only half serious as I'd like to say I told you so when Takanoiwa's autobiography, Remote: CONTROL comes out in thirty years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Asashosakari said:

I'm starting to lean into the 'doesn't give a crap' camp now. My feeling is that his gambit didn't get as far as he hoped, and he's finding TV appearances infinitely more enjoyable than dealing with sumo internal politics. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fukurou said:

Maybe he thinks he's the Capo di tutti capi (boss of all bosses - I watched The Godfather the other night)

"But I didn't know until this day, that it was Hakkaku all along ... "

• Like 1

Takanohana came to the venue again today. This time it was even a shorter visit than yesterday, if that is at all possible.. Less than two minutes. If his "non-wok" continues, this certainly will become an issue. "Appears like a hurricane, disappears like a hurricane'" said someone. "If he comes, he should say hello. When I noticed him, I just saw his back and there wasn't even time to call out to him," said a Kyokai someone. Takanohana arrived by car at 2:54 PM. He greeted Hakkaku Oyakata and that was it. He stayed in the room for a minute and a half, shorter than yesterday's 2 minutes and 41 seconds. (Someone is actually using a stopwatch to time him, which is quite creepy in itself..) He left by car at 3:01 PM. 4 minutes total at the venue, compared to 11 minutes yesterday. It's a 52 kilometer drive from the Takanohana beya lodgings in Kyoto to the venue, an hour's drive so the purpose of all this is not clear. This can't be regarded as "work". Two documents were sent to him demanding he do his job. Usually a shisho/executive will be overseeing morning keiko and then arriving at the venue by noon. He came at 3 PM today, very late. "He's arriving late and anyhow, I can't count his attendance these last two days as "work",  said a Kyokai persona.If this continues, it may be viewed as a problem.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Takanohana came to the venue again today. This time it was even a shorter visit than yesterday, if that is at all possible.. Less than two minutes. If his "non-wok" continues, this certainly will become an issue. "Appears like a hurricane, disappears like a hurricane'" said someone. "If he he comes, he should say hello. When I noticed him, I just saw his back and there wasn't even time to call out to him," said a Kyokai someone. Takanohana arrived by car at 2:54 PM. He greeted Hakkaku Oyakata and that was it. He stayed in the room for a minute and a half, shorter than yesterday's 2 minutes and 421 seconds. (Someone is actually using a stopwatch to time him, which is quite creepy in itself..) He left by car at 3:01 PM. 4 minutes total at the venue, compared to 11 minutes yesterday. It's a 52 kilometer drive from the Takanohana beya lodgings in Kyoto to the venue, an hour's drive so the purpose of all this is not clear. This can't be called "work". Two documents were sent to him demanding he do his job. Usually a shisho/executive will be overseeing morning keiko and then arriving at the venue by noon. He came at 3 PM today, very late. "He's arriving late and anyhow, I can't count his attendance these last two days as "work",  said a Kyokai persona.If this continues, it may be viewed as a problem.

The Japanese public must certainly like Takanohana a lot. Otherwise I can't understand why they accept this kind of behaviour.

Just now, RaeucherLax said:

The Japanese public must certainly like Takanohana a lot. Otherwise I can't understand why they accept this kind of behaviour.

Because they, like myself, are convinced that there is something far more sinister going on in the background , a conspiracy singling out Takanohana as its target. 

6 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Because they, like myself, are convinced that there is something far more sinister going on in the background , a conspiracy singling out Takanohana as its target. 

I can understand that and it's certainly a good thing to do something against the bad things (violence in the Heyas etc.) going on in secret behind the scene.

It's just that I doubt that the way he behaves is helpful to his cause.  But then again I certainly am to far away from a japanese view on these things.

Well we'll see how things will proceed from here and it at least it has some  kind of soap opera entertaining factor. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Takanohana arrived by car at 2:54 PM. He greeted Hakkaku Oyakata and that was it. He stayed in the room for a minute and a half, shorter than yesterday's 2 minutes and 41 seconds. (Someone is actually using a stopwatch to time him, which is quite creepy in itself..) He left by car at 3:01 PM. 4 minutes total at the venue, compared to 11 minutes yesterday. It's a 52 kilometer drive from the Takanohana beya lodgings in Kyoto to the venue

The media is tracking this closely? He's a disgruntled employee, he didn't murder anyone.

yesterday's 2 minutes and 41 seconds.

There are no words...

• Like 1

Did Kitanofuji talk any about Takanohana and his "behaviour" during his stint on commentary the other day? He's close to Hakkaku after all, so he might have an opinion or two...

2 hours ago, Asashosakari said:

Did Kitanofuji talk any about Takanohana and his "behaviour" during his stint on commentary the other day? He's close to Hakkaku after all, so he might have an opinion or two...

No, he was too busy fawning over Kiseno...Ur...Enho.

http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/topic/37635-cartoon-commetary-for-haru-2018/?do=findComment&comment=359236

Taka's time at work was down to 25s today, getting closer to average bout time. They at first only demanded that he'll appear at work (not FOR work), and that he does. http://www.daily.co.jp/general/2018/03/17/0011076857.shtml

Today again with the leader of the Ryujinsogusha ( -sha, but not a company: a Shintoist Koushin sect) - the heya stays at their premises (maybe he drives him to Osaka)

b_11076859.jpgo  b_11076860.jpgo

On 3/17/2018 at 10:33, Akinomaki said:

Takanohana gets more efficient at work - from 160s on day 5, 90s this day - closer to average bout length will follow

with his main sponsor, the leader of the Ryujinsogusha sect https://www.ryujinsogusha.or.jp/龍神総宮社について/祭主ご挨拶/

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Clearly he is not the solution, more like part of the problem, and with his approach to doing things...presenting himself as righteous fighter for good and justice, while his rikishi behave like arses, he himself seems to overstep all boundaries that japanese society so loves, and all the while his own heya seems to have same problems as others based on hearsay...

No, just no, conspiracy or not, he is not the answer to anything

After being at the venue for 31 minutes and in the office for 25 seconds, Takanohana was handed an envelope when he was leaving, with a warning that he must fulfill his duties. "It's the same document we sent him earlier," said someone who knows. "This ain't working," was what essentially was written in the document. The difference was of course that this time he was handed the document in person, whereas till now it was sent by fax to his heya, and he could say he never got it. Asked if he intends to continue not fulfilling his duties in the second half of the basho, he answered with a cryptic "I wonder.."

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1