Kintamayama

Harumafuji scandal thread- part 2

Dapeng    124
7 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Used, used.

No. Never was a riji being officially demoted by the kyokai. There were a few resigned before being demoted.

Kintamayama    22,373
2 minutes ago, Dapeng said:

Well, isn't he house-arrested by Takanohana for nearly 3 months? 

No, last we heard he was in the hospital being interviewed by crisis committee head Takano, who said he seemed to be in a bad way. Are you not following the storyline?

Dapeng    124
2 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

No, last we heard he was in the hospital being interviewed by crisis committee head Takano, who said he seemed to be in a bad way. Are you not following the storyline?

After that he was still not accessible by anyone else.

Kintamayama    22,373
1 minute ago, Dapeng said:

No. Never was a riji being officially demoted by the kyokai. There were a few resigned before being demoted.

Semantics. He's just more stubborn than the others. Well then, nobody before did what Takanohana did.either. It is unheard of. So I am thinking he had a very good reason to behave like that. I have no idea what that reason is, but I have a feeling we will know one day.

Kintamayama    22,373
Just now, Dapeng said:

After that he was still not accessible by anyone else.

Which of course means he's under house arrest.

Dapeng    124
6 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

He is an adult and not legally restricted, but still, he is strictly controlled by Takanohana. 

Edited by Dapeng

Kintamayama    22,373
1 minute ago, Dapeng said:

He is an adult and not legally restricted, but still, he is strictly controlled by Takanohana. 

And who is controlling Harumafuji? Where is he? Why isn''t he talking? Maybe because he is waiting to see what happens with his severance pay. Still, he's disappeared too. And going by what I read here, he should have a lot to say about the grave injustice done unto him... And all oyakata try to strictly control their deshi when a crisis appears. Some succeed, some don't.

orandashoho    523

Is it even remotely possible that Takanoiwa suffered further abuse in his own heya after his return from Tottori and before the second hospitalization? Tat could explain a lot...

Kintamayama    22,373
21 minutes ago, orandashoho said:

Is it even remotely possible that Takanoiwa suffered further abuse in his own heya after his return from Tottori and before the second hospitalization? Tat could explain a lot...

I think he has suffered remotely enough. To the point, I highly doubt that. And for what reason? For being beaten up? And by whom? His heyamates? Takanohana tied him up with his scarf and hit him on his head repeatedly with his red bag? Highly unlikely.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2

Kishinoyama    292
1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

.... And for what reason? For being beaten up? And by whom? His heyamates? Takanohana tied him up with his scarf and hit him on his head repeatedly with his red bag? 

Actually, I believe this. :-D

• Haha 1

Dapeng    124
4 hours ago, Kishinoyama said:

Actually, I believe this. :-D

Me too. He was beaten by Harumafuji on Oct 25, however,  he continued doing sumo for many days (autumn exhibition sumo) and he looked normal without any bruise on his face on the NHK TV footage. But suddenly he was hospitalized on Nov 5, and a photo showed him with marked bruises on his face. Apparently, he was badly beaten by some people after the  autumn exhibition and was sent to the hospital on Nov 5.

Kintamayama    22,373
59 minutes ago, Dapeng said:

Me too. He was beaten by Harumafuji on Oct 25, however,  he continued doing sumo for many days (autumn exhibition sumo) and he looked normal without any bruise on his face on the NHK TV footage. But suddenly he was hospitalized on Nov 5, and a photo showed him with marked bruises on his face. Apparently, he was badly beaten by some people after the  autumn exhibition and was sent to the hospital on Nov 5.

Apparently? I never read anything that remotely suggested that, and i read a lot. Please point me to such an apparent source.

rhyen    953
16 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

The medical certificate for Takanoiwa - it's amazing how a creative oyakata by mind power alone can make a rikishi declared fit into a wreck that can't do sumo for many months

201801130000128-nsogp_0.jpg

3 months no impact to the head - doctor comment: "I think it would be difficult for him to go to work in January"

Can someone please translate the 2nd line in the medical report?

Is it a hematoma?

Akinomaki    17,923
2 hours ago, rhyen said:

This is like what you read in the warnings for your medical drugs: doing head bumping in sumo over and over again increases the risk of developing a chronic subdural hematoma - therefore it is necessary to refrain from that for about 3 months.

He has nothing yet, else it would have been listed, but it is the perfect thing for his case

Chronic subdural bleeds develop over a period of days to weeks, often after minor head trauma, though such a cause is not identifiable in 50% of patients.[6] They may not be discovered until they present clinically months or years after a head injury.[7] The bleeding from a chronic bleed is slow, probably from repeated minor bleeds, and usually stops by itself.[8][9] Since these bleeds progress slowly, they present the chance of being stopped before they cause significant damage. Small chronic subdural hematomas, those less than a centimeter wide, have much better outcomes than acute subdural bleeds: in one study, only 22% of patients with chronic subdural bleeds had outcomes worse than "good" or "complete recovery".[3] Chronic subdural hematomas are common in the elderly.[7]

It took Taka quite some time to find a place that certifies this - this could have been written in any of the old ones, but hadn't. I'm sure he'd be able to find more experts who can provide other reasons why sumo is bad for your health.

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dapeng    124
8 hours ago, rhyen said:

Is it a hematoma?

Briefly,  it says Takanoiwa's head should not be beaten again for 3 months.

Burajirotono    97

Takanohana oyakata  ruined the career of his deshi and burned the second best on dohyo. I dont believe he changes nothing in sumo world. To me he is just an ambitious man with a bad taste for fashion. Akinomaki, im curious about that cult thing too. What this is about? 

Akinomaki    17,923
On 13.1.2018 at 23:04, Bumpkin said:
On 13.1.2018 at 22:36, Akinomaki said:

BTW, the most valuable info so far I saw there was the explanation of the shikona for Taka-Genji and Taka-Yoshitoshi: that are the first names of the founder of the cult that supports Taka and of his son, the present leader.

I don't read Japanese. Could you please explain about this "cult"?

I won't go into detail,  we have a rule that prohibits discussion about religion, so just from the starting part on wikipedia.

Ryujin-Souguusha (dragon god general Shinto), founded in 1963, licensed as religious organization in 1974 - one of the so called new religions in Japan. It's hard to recognize those among the hundreds of (not all) ordinary Buddhist and Shinto sects that exist anyway. They worship the sun god(dess), but as being the dragon god (naga), not Amaterasu. They aim to restore the "heart" of the humans, with "the 3 hearts" and "the god given 5 elements" as the core of their teachings.

They are basically the main sponsor of Takanohana-beya - all sekitori have kesho-mawashi from them and they organize a lot for the heya. https://www.ryujinsogusha.or.jp/平成29年度貴乃花部屋宿舎/

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

I won't go into detail,  we have a rule that prohibits discussion about religion […].

Incidentally, why is there such a rule (here and everywhere else, it seems)? Appeasement, appeasement...

Is it allowed to say that someone who thinks that jumping off the roof of a skyscraper thinking he would be able to fly is clearly insane? And that someone who teaches the idea to others is a criminal?

• Thanks 1

Kintamayama    22,373
8 minutes ago, yorikiried by fate said:

Incidentally, why is there such a rule (here and everywhere else, it seems)? Appeasement, appeasement...

Is it allowed to say that someone who thinks that jumping off the roof of a skyscraper thinking he would be able to fly is clearly insane? And that someone who teaches the idea to others is a criminal?

Because, eventually, the Nazis are mentioned. Always. So why go there? This is a relatively peaceful and friendly community. Why change that and become something like.. well.. you know..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rocks    886
19 minutes ago, yorikiried by fate said:

Why? Because this is a sumo forum. People wish to discuss that without digressing into issues which, like religion, are highly debatable and don't really relate to sumo. Which is why many forums who's subject is not religion ban it. Fairly in my opinion and I support religion.

I do think something like Shinto, given it's tight integration with Sumo traditions, should be an exception. I don't mean the efficacy of Shinto, just it's impact on Sumo.

Now as far as that group and Takanoahana-beya or sumo is concerned I think that is fair game IMHO. If the Catholic Church decided to support and organize for a heya that should be open to discussion. And no, supporting a youth team or league in a local community isn't the same to me.

Akinomaki    17,923

Talking about Shinto (and to some degree Buddhism) in relation to sumo is exactly what this forum also is for (and also towards Japanese culture in general in another subforum).

What I don't want see here are judgements on these religions, comparisons to other religions or discussions about the beliefs of individual religious sects.

• Like 4

Joaoiyama    60
58 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

Talking about Shinto (and to some degree Buddhism) in relation to sumo is exactly what this forum also is for (and also towards Japanese culture in general in another subforum).

What I don't want see here are judgements on these religions, comparisons to other religions or discussions about the beliefs of individual religious sects.

Is there a topic about it? I'm really curious about it

Akinomaki    17,923

You got me guys. So I will finally book the cryogenic procedure I've been contemplating for a while and hopefully wake up in a world where everyone who reflects about "our ways" enters a disbelieving (no offense intended, nevertheless quite welcome) laughing frenzy.

• Thanks 1