Sign in to follow this  
jranderson222

My little boys want to send fanmail to Takakeisho! Best way?

My boys (4 y/o and 7 y/o) LOVE Takakeisho. They’ve seen every match in his makuuchi career and talk about him, draw him, etc every single day. They want to send him fan mail (pictures they’ve drawn of him). Not knowing how large the operating group is at Takanohana Beya, wanted to ask:

1. Do wrestlers at Takakeisho’s level actually get their fan mail, or (like top American athletes) would the volume of mail be so much that he’d likely never see it...?

2. Will an accompanying note in English (along with their artwork) be able to be read by someone at the stable? Or should i endeavor to get a note translated?

strange questions, i know. But my kids are convinced that Takakeisho will love their pictures of him and if we are going to go through the trouble of sending all the way to Japan, i would love to have best chance for Takakeisho to actually see them...

thanks for any insight!

josh

8F4B6480-A0CE-4764-838A-93EB50240C8F.jpeg

• Like 11

Wow, John! Thank you for the response and the kind offer! I’m a fan of your writing for the Japan Times and your commentary! Thank you for contributing such a large part of the English-language sumo coverage that my sons and i enjoy! 

What is best address to send to you? May I include a self-addressed stamped envelope in the event Takakeisho wanted to write a short note back to my boys? Or am I pushing my luck? :-)

Truly, thank you again! Sumo has been such a cool bonding experience for my sons and I, and it would be awesome to let them know their pictures got to Takakeisho himself!

many thanks,

josh

jranderson222@gmail.com

• Like 1

Wow, I thought I was a big Takakeisho fan until I read this.  I wonder what attracted your kids to Takakeisho.

Cheers,

21 hours ago, jranderson222 said:

May I include a self-addressed stamped envelope

If you have Japanese stamps sure.

On 12/2/2017 at 07:17, John Gunning said:

Send it to me. I'll translate the note and give them to him.

You're an awesome guy.

• Like 4

So how did this story end? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 2