Sign in to follow this  
Gurowake

Help, please? Forum wants to restore huge amount of rich text that takes too long to process

Gurowake    1,409

I pasted a huge amount of highly formatted text into the topic creation window in Ozumo Discussion.  I didn't expect it to come so highly formatted, wanting only just the text.  My computer (or maybe just web browser) was slow to respond so I abandoned that idea of importing the content I wanted (I didn't want all that formatting anyway).  Unfortunately, if I go back and try to start a topic in the same forum, the forum wants to bring back that post I abandoned.  Yes, I can clear the editor in theory - if the text ever loads.  I'm not in the mood of sitting and waiting several minutes for something I didn't even want to load just so I can delete it.  I looked for user settings to prevent the forum from so helpfully remembering what I was going to post, but I can't find anything.  I'm guessing only an administrator of the board can do something about it, or perhaps even they can't and I'm stuck permanently unable to make topics in Ozumo Discussions until I resolve to let the thing completely load, for which there is no guarantee.

Asashosakari    8,618

I don't know if this works in general, but on a hunch I just tried to get rid of auto-stored text by logging out of my forum account and signing back in, and it actually did the trick.

Edited by Asashosakari