Kintamayama

Aki Basho weigh-in

Kisenosato remains at 184 kilos. Hakuhou down by three kilos- 157. Harumafuji remains at 137. Kakuryuu adds a kilo- 158. Takayasu adds 8 kilos and is now 182. Heaviest Makuuchi rikishi - Ichinojou at 206, up by 9 kilos. Lightest- Ishiura at 120 kilos. The Makuuchi average weight has increased by 1.3  kilos and is now 163.5 kilos.

Last weigh in was in May.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Thanks, Kinta! Do you have a detailed list with all rikishi's new data? (If I remember well, somebody shared all the numbers in May)

4 hours ago, Wakaebala said:

Thanks, Kinta! Do you have a detailed list with all rikishi's new data? (If I remember well, somebody shared all the numbers in May)

Regretfully, no..

• Thanks 1

Takayasu is blowing up. It wasn't all that long ago he said he felt too heavy on ozeki run (Kyushu 16, I think) and he's gotten bigger since. He's also an ozeki now, so it must be working for him.

46 minutes ago, Churaumi said:

Takayasu is blowing up. It wasn't all that long ago he said he felt too heavy on ozeki run (Kyushu 16, I think) and he's gotten bigger since. He's also an ozeki now, so it must be working for him.

All that Filipino food that his mom is cooking up especially the pancit is working its magic then. :D

The celebrations and new duties impinge on the normal training routine and schedules. A certain adjustment is always necessary. Look at the effect it had on Kise's weight.

Average weight can be somewhat deceptive. Konishiki's presence was an example. When his heaviest weight (approximately 630 lb or 285 kg) was included, the average weight of all Makuuchi rikishis increased by about 7 lbs (3 kg).

Edited by sekitori