Exil

Forum Update Feedback, version 4.2

Akinomaki    17,515
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Try the upper right corner where the cursor changes shape.

There is no location anymore where the cursor changes shape, only at the downward caret on the left of the quote time, and that also just causes the quote to fold - I now see that this happens only in the old Firefox 55.0.3 (where the old add-ons I use still work, but apparently less and less of other functions) - up to date FF Dev. Edition still has the arrow.

Edit: and no surprise, this is only a win10 issue: it still works on an older system

Edited by Akinomaki

Jakusotsu    1,961

Still using the old Firefox as well, but Windows 7...

Asashosakari    10,850
Posted (edited)

Is text on the forum suddenly/recently looking different (that is, very thin and unsaturated) on Chrome for anybody else? I guess Chrome auto-updated and some setting changed, but I'm finding it hard to track down what exactly, and rolling it back to an earlier version to check is somewhat less trivial than on other browsers.

Image (top: FIrefox; middle: IE; bottom: Chrome)

SFfont.png

Edited by Asashosakari

Sakura    317
14 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

Is text on the forum suddenly/recently looking different (that is, very thin and unsaturated) on Chrome for anybody else?

On my Chromebook it looks fine, but that might be a different kettle-of-fish entirely. My Windows 10-Chrome setup also looks fine.

• Thanks 1

Asojima    1,875

May be time to blow away your Chrome cache.  I am looking good here.

Asashosakari    10,850
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Asojima said:

May be time to blow away your Chrome cache.  I am looking good here.

Done the whole works already (cache, forum login, Chrome restart, system reboot), didn't help. Anyway, I'm seeing the same difference on other IPS forums, so something appears to have changed in how Chrome renders certain page elements. (Or I've screwed up my system in some way in the last 24 hours, but for the life of me I can't imagine how.)

Chrome version 66.0.3359.181 (64-bit) on Windows 7, if anyone cares to compare.

Edit: I should add that it only affects undecorated text for some reason. Anything in bold looks the same as always.

Edited by Asashosakari

Asojima    1,875
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Asashosakari said:

Chrome version 66.0.3359.181 (64-bit) on Windows 7, if anyone cares to compare.

That's a new version of  Chrome that went active in the last few days.  It may have a problem with Win 7.  I'm using Win 10. The latest upgrade to Win 10 contained some graphics changes.  Chrome may be trying to take advantage of them.

Edited by Asojima

Jakusotsu    1,961
On 8.5.2018 at 08:54, Jakusotsu said:
On 7.5.2018 at 16:19, Akinomaki said:

Yes - I only know there was a link somewhere in the header, I don't remember where exactly and how it looked - but recently I have none anymore.

That's strange, because the arrow is still there for me (although nearly invisibly grey when not moused-over).

Weird. Now that arrow disappeared for me as well, although I didn't change or upgrade neither browser nor OS.