Exil

Forum Update Feedback, version 4.2

Exil    185

We've now successfully upgraded to IPS Community Suite 4.2.

Feel free to leave any comments and feedback related to the latest update below.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Akinomaki    13,519

The update was no surprise after the unstable behavior of the forum lately.

I don't expect the auto sign-off to vanish soon - seems to come with win10.  My win8 notebook was so far still signed in the next morning, only signed off in the evening after I signed in on the new win10 one.

It's fine to have a variety of reactions now, not just like but also sad or confused etc., but it is annoying that the notification no longer shows what the reaction is.

• Like 1

Asashosakari    8,122
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

It's fine to have a variety of reactions now, not just like but also sad or confused etc. (...)

That strikes me as a total waste of time, and I can actually see myself using it less now because of the additional selecting required.

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Sad 1

Akinomaki    13,519
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

That strikes me as a total waste of time, and I can actually see myself using it less now because of the additional selecting required.

I hope a simple click just gives a like like before - I haven't tried it yet though. Otherwise I feel the same - and I'd like to know how many of each kind can be given.

The new list of recently used devices in the settings so far has a "sign off" button for my win10 device, as if it weren't signed off yet - the locations are both at least Germany, but  several 100km apart (actually 1.5km). Should rather be named "last provider node" or the like.

Edited by Akinomaki

Asashosakari    8,122
11 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

I hope a simple click just gives a like like before - I haven't tried it yet though.

Ah, indeed it does. At first glance I thought the four pop-up choices were the only things available and that a generic 'like' choice had been deprecated.

Akinomaki    13,519

In the activities in any user profile, the type of reaction given and received is now shown with the respective icon - maybe viewable for all - or only for active users?

Yubinhaad    6,193

Heh, "first initial" default avatars seems like a very Google-ish thing. At least they're a bit more colourful than the default silhouettes we had before.

Anyway, thanks as always Exil!

Akinomaki    13,519

If the new variety in reactions leads to less "thanks"-only posts, it would a big improvement. First thing I tried out was the thanks-reaction for Exil.

Fukurou    322

New edition still does not let the non-moderator thread/poll creator lock what they started. This user can delete what they began, but I think you could already do this.

Fukurou    322
3 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

If the new variety in reactions leads to less "thanks"-only posts, it would a big improvement. First thing I tried out was the thanks-reaction for Exil.

I see a bunch of little purple trophies in your future. :)

• Thanks 1

Kishinoyama    220
10 minutes ago, Fukurou said:

I see a bunch of little purple trophies in your future. :)

Indeed.... A thanks instead of a like. The 'heart' turns me off. 

• Like 1

Akinomaki    13,519
5 hours ago, Kishinoyama said:

Indeed.... A thanks instead of a like. The 'heart' turns me off. 

Now we only need the option to make the "thanks!" the default reaction - it's the most tedious to select at the moment

• Thanks 1

Sakura    156
Posted (edited)

Do all the previous likes get turned into hearts now? I guess I'll have to look.

EDIT: Yes, a lot of hearts about the place.

Edited by Sakura

Akinomaki    13,519
Posted (edited)

Since we now have to view our profiles to see what kind of reactions we got (or each post again - each view by ourselves apparently also increases the profile view count), I would like to have the option to edit my posts directly from there, without having to open it in the thread first (from the profile): I'm correcting errors or adding details all the time, such a feature would make that much more convenient.

Edited by Akinomaki

Senkoho    419

is it possible to not be asked every time if I want to mark all as read?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Akinomaki    13,519
Posted (edited)

Very good, I'm still signed in - seems the auto-log off happened only because of the transition to the new version.

Edited by Akinomaki

Akinomaki    13,519
Posted (edited)

The reaction/like option is no longer visible to me in this browser/OS (FFdevEd/win10). Clicking on/moving the mouse to some empty field on the right shows the reaction options, across to the right where the quote option appears now (why so high up and what is meant to be in that empty space below?), and a simple click now produces here a visible heart symbol for a simple like.

FFsimple/win8 has a visible heart, it would be nice to have some text in place of that heart symbol to show that there is some option for reaction.

Edit: there seems to be a standard size for a post now, the rest is empty space

Edited by Akinomaki

Akinomaki    13,519

The search has a new problem: the result list is not shown from the top finds, but scrolls to somewhere in the middle of the page.

Benihana    332

Can't confirm that with Opera, but the results are not shown in chronological order. And the search discriminates Ura.

Asashosakari    8,122
7 hours ago, Benihana said:

Can't confirm that with Opera, but the results are not shown in chronological order.

That's not new with the update though, was like that previously already.

Akinomaki    13,519
Posted (edited)

Finding the invisible (in FFdevEd/win10) "like"-button is really tedious, especially with posts in standard size and the button somewhere in the middle, depending on the length of the post.

I have added another bookmark for the forum to my sumo folder, in the form http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/profile/xxxx-***member***/#elProfileTabs_content for my profile contents - scrolls to down to the part I want to see: add the #elProfileTabs_content part to your profile address to use it for your information. I also disabled the usual notifications, because they are useless in the present form.

This content list also is a relatively quick way for me to access my recent posts, which still may have parts to correct.

Edited by Akinomaki

Jakusotsu    1,521

While checking my profile settings with the new update I discovered one single entry in my Ignored Users list, although I'm quite certain I never put anyone there. (Not 100% sure, though.)

Jakusotsu    1,521
1 minute ago, Akinomaki said:

Finding the invisible "like"-button is really tedious, especially with posts in standard size and the button somewhere in the middle, depending on the length of the post.

Eh? The button is exactly where it used to be, it just looks different.

Akinomaki    13,519

Invisible in FFdevEd/win10 (added too late to the post above)