Philioyamfugi

Wakaichiro from Texas

7 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

Do you really want to have this thread dead and buried? Nobody ever reads or posts over there...

Fair point, would seem the more relevant location for the thread, but fair point

Decent basho for him. Beat all five guys he reasonably could have been expected to contend with, so job done.

Happy Texas Independence Day, Wakaichiro!

1 hour ago, yorikiried by fate said:

I really don't consider this to be funny. (Blinking...)

• Like 1

The kid is a little too animate for a rikishi. I wonder when someone will tell him something?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ALAKTORN said:

The kid is a little too animate for a rikishi. I wonder when someone will tell him something?

They probably don't want to curb his enthusiasm but he does need to work on his poker face.

That was pretty bad sumo. As he tries to get to Hokuyozan's back, Wakaichiro briefly has both feet off the ground, which is never a good idea. Bad luck for him that Hokuyozan managed to capitalize on that unstable moment immediately with that two-handed pull on his upper body, but he's only got himself to blame for getting into that position to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Philioyamfugi said:

Whoa... Fancy.... and a bit lucky. He's 3-2 now. 

3-3, unfortunately. He had 3 losses before today.

His final match of Haru will be tomorrow against sd93 Fujitaisei who is also 3-3.  Let’s all hope for the best!

I must say I don't like his unenthusiastic pre-bout routine, making a face like he chews sour lemons while performing rituals like he saw them as some boring bother

What I don't like are those ridiculous spin moves. He keeps that up as he moves up the banzuke and he'll be spending a lot of time flying off the dohyo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rocks said:

What I don't like are those ridiculous spin moves. He keeps that up as he moves up the banzuke and he'll be spending a lot of time flying off the dohyo.

A new Kotooshu in the making? Nah, severely lacking height...

Exposing your back even for a short time is not a good idea. He'll have to wean himself off that habit if he is to get any further. And each bout has been a backpedaling dance, not he most attractive sumo... by now Wkaichiro must have developed some oshi power, but I have yet to see it. Perhaps he is injured? Does he have to spare his knees? That doesn't bode well for the longevity of his career...

Edited by orandashoho

The pirouettes are a perfectly normal recovery technique. You guys forgot Takarafuji–Hakuhō from November?