Sign in to follow this  
Susanoo

Norizo Cup 2017.7 Nagoya[Plan]

Susanoo    106
Posted (edited)

Special question
特別問題

Which result will the 2 young samrai[Takakeisho and Hokutofuji] have against Yokozuna and Ozeki for the first time?
上位初挑戦の若武者二人(貴景勝と北勝富士)、ズバリ横綱大関戦は!?

The total wins of 2 rikishi against Yokozuna will be at least 3 wins.
両者合わせて横綱戦3勝以上

Takakeisho will get exactly 2 wins against Yokozuna, and Hokutofuji won't get even 1 win against Yokozuna.
貴景勝横綱戦2勝、北勝富士横綱戦0勝

Takakeisho won't get even 1 win against Yokozuna, and Hokutofuji will get exactly 2 wins against Yokozuna.
貴景勝横綱戦0勝、北勝富士横綱戦2勝

Each of the 2 rikishi will get 1 win against Yokozuna, and the total wins of 2 rikishi against Ozeki will be at least 3 wins.
両者とも横綱戦1勝、両者で大関戦3勝以上

Each of the 2 rikishi will get 1 win against Yokozuna, and the total wins of 2 rikishi against Ozeki will be at most 2 wins.
両者とも横綱戦1勝、両者で大関戦2勝以下

The total wins of 2 rikishi against Yokozuna will be exactly 1 win, and the total wins of 2 rikishi against Ozeki will be at least 3 wins.
両者で横綱戦1勝、両者で大関戦3勝以上

Takakeisho will get exactly 1win against Yokozuna, Hokutofuji won't get even 1 win against Yokozuna, and the total wins of 2 rikishi against Ozeki will be at most 2 wins.
貴景勝横綱戦1勝、北勝富士横綱戦0勝、両者で大関戦2勝以下

Takakeisho won't get even 1 win against Yokozuna, Hokutofuji will get exactly 1win against Yokozuna, and the total wins of 2 rikishi against Ozeki will be at most 2 wins.
貴景勝横綱戦0勝、北勝富士横綱戦1勝、両者で大関戦2勝以下

The total wins of 2 rikishi against Yokozuna will be 0 wins, and the total wins of 2 rikishi against Ozeki will be at least 3 wins.
両者とも横綱戦0勝、両者で大関戦3勝以上

The total wins of 2 rikishi against Yokozuna will be 0 wins, and the total wins of 2 rikishi against Ozeki will be exactly 2 wins.
両者とも横綱戦0勝、両者で大関戦2勝

The total wins of 2 rikishi against Yokozuna will be 0 wins, and the total wins of 2 rikishi against Ozeki will be at most 1 win.
両者とも横綱戦0勝、両者で大関戦1勝以下

Edited by Susanoo

Susanoo    106
Posted (edited)

Realize or not
あるない

[1] A rikishi will defeat exactly 1 Yokozuna and won't defeat even 1 Ozeki. 
横綱1人だけに勝つが、他の横綱大関には勝てない力士

[2] A rikishi will defeat Tamawashi and won't defeat Mitakeumi and or either Komusubi.
玉鷲に勝つが、他の関脇小結には勝てない力士

[3] A rikishi will defeat exactly 1 Sekiwake, exactly 1 Komusubi, exactly 1 maegashira1, and exactly 1 maegashira2.
関脇、小結、前頭筆頭、前頭2枚目、それぞれから1勝ずつの力士

[4] A rikishi will have at least 4 consecutive wins and at least 4 consecutive losses by day10.
10日目までに4連勝以上も4連敗以上も両方ある力士 

A rikishi will win at least 4 consecutive matches and will lose at least 4 consecutive matches by day10.

10日目までの成績の中に4連勝以上と4連敗以上の両方を持つ力士

[5] A maegashira rikishi will have at least 4 wins against the rikishi who is are in the highest banzuke in his careea their careers.(*1)
自己最高位の力士から4勝以上する平幕力士(注1)

[6] The total wins of 2 rikishi in who are ranked maegashira4 will have at least 2 wins against sanyaku the rikishi who are ranked Komusubi or above.
前頭4枚目の2人で三役以上から2勝以上

[7] A makunouchi rikishi will have at least 4 difference kinds of kimarite with "-nage" in his wins.
「・・投げ」の決まり手4種以上での勝ち星を持つ幕の内力士

[8] Tobizaru who was newly promoted to juryo will defeat get at least 4 wins against the rikishi who have makunouchi experience.
新十両翔猿、幕の内経験者から4勝以上

[9] There will be at least a day when at least 5 rikishi in who are ranked Yokozuna and Ozeki lose.
横綱大関5人以上負ける日

[10] There will be at least a day when all 4 rikishi in who are ranked Sekiwake and Komusubi win by day8.
中日までに関脇小結4人とも勝つ日

[11] Tokushoryu will give the most wins to rikishi in who are ranked maegashira10-16 in the rikishi who are ranked maegashira1-9.(*2)
前頭2桁番付の力士に最も多く白星を献上する前頭1桁番付の力士は徳勝龍(注2)

[12] A Komusubi will reach kachikoshi latest in sanyakuthe rikisjhi who are ranked  Komusubi or above.
三役以上で一番最後に勝ち越すのは小結のどちらか

[13] Juryo yuisho yusho will be decided with yusho kettei-sen [regardless of the number of the rikishi] with at most 12 wins.
十両優勝は12勝以下で決定戦有り

[14] Hakuho will get his 12th win in this basho on day14 or day15.
白鵬14日目か千秋楽に12勝目をあげる

[15] A maegashira rikishi will have 3 losses against the rikishi with "-maru" in his their shikona.(*3)
四股名に丸の付く力士3人に負ける前頭力士(注3)

(*1)Hakuho, Terunofuji, Takayasu, Tamawashi, Mitakeumi, Takakeisho, Hokutofuji, Ura, Kagayaki, Onosho and Ishiura are in the highest banzuke in his their careears.
(注1)自己最高位(白鵬、照ノ富士、高安、玉鷲、御嶽海、貴景勝、北勝富士、宇良、輝、阿武咲、石浦)

(*2)He is not necessary alone.
(注2)単独でなくても良い

(*3)Daishomaru, Chiyomaru and Gagamaru
(注3)大翔丸、千代丸、臥牙丸

Edited by Susanoo

Susanoo    106

Yusho
優勝

Hakuho with zensho
白鵬全勝

Hakuho with 14 wins[1 loss against Yokozuna or Sekiwake]
白鵬14勝(横綱か関脇に負ける)

Hakuho with 14 wins[1 loss against except Yokozuna and Sekiwake]
白鵬14勝(大関か小結以下に負ける)

Hakuho with 13 wins[1 loss against Yokozuna and 1 loss against Ozeki]
白鵬13勝(横綱に1敗・大関に1敗)

Hakuho with 13 wins[1 loss against Yokozuna or Ozeki and 1 loss against Sekiwake or Komusubi]
白鵬13勝(横綱か大関に1敗・関脇か小結に1敗)

Hakuho with 13 wins[Other cases]
白鵬13勝(その他)

Harumafuji with at least 13 wins
日馬富士13勝以上

Kisenosato with at least 14 wins
稀勢の里14勝以上

Kisenosato with 13 wins
稀勢の里13勝

Kakuryu with at least 13 wins
鶴竜13勝以上

Terunofuji with at least 13 wins
照ノ富士13勝以上

Takayasu with at least 13 wins
高安13勝以上

Other cases
その他

Gurowake    1,322
5 hours ago, Susanoo said:

Realize or not
あるない

[1] A rikishi will defeat exactly 1 Yokozuna and won't defeat even 1 Ozeki. 
横綱1人だけに勝つが、他の横綱大関には勝てない力士

[2] A rikishi will defeat Tamawashi and won't defeat Mitakeumi and Komusubi.
玉鷲に勝つが、他の関脇小結には勝てない力士

Should be "Mitakeumi or either Komusubi".  You could leave out "either" if you wanted it to sound more like the rest of them and not fully corrected for normal English-speaking usage, but it really should be "or", and it's unambiguous either way.  "And" is rather ambiguous, especially without an identifier (like "a" or "any" or "both") on "Komusubi".

[3] A rikishi will defeat exactly 1 Sekiwake, exactly 1 Komusubi, exactly 1 maegashira1, and exactly 1 maegashira2.
関脇、小結、前頭筆頭、前頭2枚目、それぞれから1勝ずつの力士

[4] A rikishi will have at least 4 consecutive wins and at least 4 consecutive losses by day10.
10日目までに4連勝以上も4連敗以上も両方ある力士

I had a grammar question on iru/aru, but I figured it out (the rikishi are animate, but the wins aren't) and can't collapse this space so I should say something in it.

[5] A maegashira rikishi will have at least 4 wins against the rikishi who is in the highest banzuke in his careea.(*1)
自己最高位の力士から4勝以上する平幕力士(注1)

"careea" should be "career".  If you wanted to be completely grammatical, the entire final relative clause (starting "who") should be made plural: "who are at the highest banzuke ranks of their careers".  It's not all that ambiguous leaving it with the slight implication that only one such rikishi exists since you gave the list and they need 4 wins, but keeping it singular is theoretically definitely incorrect even if no one misunderstands.

[6] The total wins of 2 rikishi in maegashira4 will have at least 2 wins against sanyaku or above.
前頭4枚目の2人で三役以上から2勝以上

Another instance of the Japanese using "sanyaku" to mean what I would call "junior sanyaku".  Entirely clear, but I don't understand why that's the common usage.  Maybe if it means everyone but Yokozuna, as that would make it truly "three ranks".

[7] A makunouchi rikishi will have at least 4kinds of kimarite with "-nage" in his wins.
「・・投げ」の決まり手4種以上での勝ち星を持つ幕の内力士

Four *different* kinds of nage?  That seems to be what using 種 would imply to me.  If they do have to be different, make that more clear in English.

[8] Tobizaru who was newly promoted to juryo will defeat at least 4 wins against the rikishi who have makunouchi experience.
新十両翔猿、幕の内経験者から4勝以上

"defeat" should be "get", or "wins against the" should be deleted.  It's redundant as it stands.

[9] There will be at least a day when 5 rikishi in Yokozuna and Ozeki lose.
横綱大関5人以上負ける日

The Japanese has "at least" in there, and it would make the English less ambiguous.

[10] There will be at least a day when all 4 rikishi in Sekiwake and Komusubi win by day8.
中日までに関脇小結4人とも勝つ日

[11] Tokushoryu will give the most wins to rikishi in maegashira10-16 in maegashira1-9.(*2)
前頭2桁番付の力士に最も多く白星を献上する前頭1桁番付の力士は徳勝龍(注2)

[12] A Komusubi will reach kachikoshi latest in sanyaku or above.
三役以上で一番最後に勝ち越すのは小結のどちらか

[13] Juryo yuisho will be decided with yusho kettei-sen with at most 12 wins.
十両優勝は12勝以下で決定戦有り

So if there's a tomoe-sen, that doesn't count?  The first "yusho" has a typo.

[14] Hakuho will get his 12th win in this basho on day14 or day15.
白鵬14日目か千秋楽に12勝目をあげる

[15] A maegashira rikishi will have 3 losses against the rikishi with "-maru" in his shikona.(*3)
四股名に丸の付く力士3人に負ける前頭力士(注3)

(*1)Hakuho, Terunofuji, Tamawashi, Mitakeumi, Takakeisho, Hokutofuji, Ura, Kagayaki, Onosho and Ishiura are in the highest banzuke in his careea.
(注1)自己最高位(白鵬、照ノ富士、玉鷲、御嶽海、貴景勝、北勝富士、宇良、輝、阿武咲、石浦)

How is Takayasu not included?

(*2)He is not necessary alone.
(注2)単独でなくても良い

(*3)Daishomaru, Chiyomaru and Gagamaru
(注3)大翔丸、千代丸、臥牙丸

• Like 1

Susanoo    106

Konnnichiwa Gurowake-san,

I appreciate your thoughtful reply.
I'm sorry to trouble you more this basho, too.

Susanoo

Kaiowaka    2

I need to ask for a kosho status for this basho please;

Susanoo    106
3 hours ago, Kaiowaka said:

I need to ask for a kosho status for this basho please;

Ohayou gozaimasu Kaiowaka-san,

I  am very sorry this basho, too.

NC does not adopt the Kosho-system.
Therefore I can not help about this your proposal regrettably.
NC begins about 3 hours later because I am waiting the announcement of the Kyujo rikishi for this basho now.

Susanoo

Susanoo    106
Posted (edited)

"Realize or not" and "Matchups" are not counted yet because of the error of the count system.

[9] There will be at least a day when at least 5 rikishi in who are ranked Yokozuna and Ozeki lose.

It was  determined in YES on day1 [20point] [10participants]

Chiyoshoma vs Kagayaki

It was  determined in Chiyoshoma on day1 [20point] [46participants]

Edited by Susanoo

Gurowake    1,322
1 hour ago, Susanoo said:

I thought this was incredibly unlikely, and of course it had to happen on Day 1, before any of them even faced each other.

Susanoo    106
10 hours ago, Gurowake said:

I thought this was incredibly unlikely, and of course it had to happen on Day 1, before any of them even faced each other.

I suggested this question and chose "yes", but I am very surprised that the realization was too easy.
These five samurai who won yesterday don't seem to lose all other matches against Ozeki or above.
In addition, Shodai and Tamawashi look like the good state, too.
This fireworks festival may happen once again.

• Like 1

Pandaazuma    691

Hi @Susanoo Ichinojo lost to M6W Onosho today, so that VS question score can be added to the points.

Susanoo    106
30 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

Hi @Susanoo Ichinojo lost to M6W Onosho today, so that VS question score can be added to the points.

Konbanwa Pandaazuma-san,

Thanks for a notification.

Susanoo    106
On 2017/8/3 at 20:32, Asashosakari said:

Not sure if this is the right place to report this:

http://norizo.sumogames.jp/en/result.html is missing the data for 2011 Nagoya basho (series 70).

In addition, all English banzuke pages since 2013 Aki are empty if there is "change registration" data for the basho.

Konnichiwa Asashosakari-san,

Sorry for my late response
Thank you very much for letting me know.
I informed this to our SE.

Susanoo