Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UncleMoustache

New member - Howdy!

6 posts in this topic

Greetings!  New sumo fan here.  I've always had a slight interest in it, but recently discovered Kintamayama's wonderful Youtube channel and now I watch several nights a week.  I've watched everything from 2015 to the present, and now am working my way through 2014.  A lot of people think I'm weird, but I'm rather used to that anyway.

I don't expect I'll post much here, but I'm looking forward to learning more about it all.

My first question is about the 80-some ways to defeat an opponent - is there a video tutorial in English about this?

Thanks!

4 people like this

Doody! And welcome. I don't think there is 1 video that shows all of them.

Posted (edited)

Hello "UM" welcome to the board.......

Chuck in your salt and join the fray.........

As for being wierd most of my town think I am weird and its not just the sumo.......

Unfortualely I am a window cleaner which means I am always around the town in the public eye...

As for being weird I think they are right.. Nothing wrong with being weird when you know they think that because you are different to them and most other people too......

I dont run with croud and people dont like that,especially the younger ones......

Edited by Fujisan
As-has..

Welcome! 2014 was a pretty great year of sumo. I enjoyed watching it back after I started following sumo more closely during 2015.

I found this playlist on youtube with examples of most of the kimarite. Just short clips of the kimarite being used.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm0byuxS3wiMIu1SgDxjx42EKhek30R71

A site with translations to english for a number of kimarite.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/kimarite

Hearty salutations from the Swami!

Swami