But i'm thinking Takayasu

Sorry to put this here but:

Juryo - Gagamaru

Makushita - Shunba

Sandanme - I just have the urge to say Orora

Jonidan - Hanakaze

Jonokuchi - Hattorizakura*

* of course not.

Now I am the king of odd predictions! (Goeido tsuna run in spetember)

Edited by PawnSums

Wow, that's Takayasu jinxed then! ;-)

I've gone for Hakuho. He's well overdue a yusho, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Hakuho is my default when I don't know. I think Kisenosato is out of the running this time. The other yokozuna are struggling to stay healthy. Takayasu and Terunofuji are my best bets for a surprise yusho, we'll see which Goeido shows up. 

Surely Hakuho has to be the favorite coming into this basho with Kisenosato crippled and Terunofuji hobbled a bit...

My second choice is Goeido. I'm thinking he will get at least 10 wins, but maybe something more is there this time around. 

Yes, Hakuho must be the big favorite now considering Kisenosato and Terunofuji's injuries as well as the lingering health problems for Kakuryu and Harumafuji.  It's now or never for Hak I would say!

I don't think Goeido can pull off another yusho run as kadoban Ozeki. He would surprise me if he could...

And Yoshikaze has never had more than 8  wins at Meagashira 4 or higher, so that's a no-go as well, I would assume...

Behind Hakuho there's Takayasu (yep, as well as Ozeki-promotion a yusho may even be in the cards) and of course red hot  Mitakeumi..... I really see no other serious contenders lurking in mid to lower Maegashira positions...

I sure hope Kakuryu and Harumafuji show up in reasonable shape and become yusho contenders as well!

Edited by Chijanofuji
  • Like 2

Hak seems to be the healthiest he's been since mid-2016, all reports and pictures showed that he looked fresh during the Haru jungyo. With Kise and Terunofuji hurt and Kak/Harumafuji still beat up, the conditions are right for Hak to get his first Yusho since last May Basho.

Not sure how Goeido is looking and if the ankle is still effecting him. Takayasu is definitely a threat. My favorite Mitakeumi has definitely progressed in his mawashi techniques, not sure if he's quite ready to make the jump to the next level yet, but he certainly seems close.