Sign in to follow this  
Pandaazuma

Games Talk Natsu 2017

Pandaazuma    743

Some talkative gamers here of late so we might as well kick this thread off with my announcement that Fantasy Sumo is now open for registration.  Not many other games are yet, but it's still early doors!

Good luck to all my fellow gamers in Natsu!

Gurowake    1,450

Preliminary projection puts Kisenosato on top of Hakuho in some games, but not others; the new Yokozuna's schedule not including Takayasu helps more in some games than others.  It's too early to know whether Kisenosato is even competing, but it's a first for me that Hakuho is not the clear #1.

• Like 1

ScreechingOwl    215

After Hatsu this year Kisenosato edged ahead of Hakuho in my rating system. I think there was one basho where Harumafuji slightly overtook Hakuho (my ratings are based on the previous four tournaments) but other than that it's been Hakuho since a year or two before Asashoryu was forced out, which is quite a long run at the top. 

• Like 1

Sakura    191
1 hour ago, ScreechingOwl said:

After Hatsu this year Kisenosato edged ahead of Hakuho in my rating system. I think there was one basho where Harumafuji slightly overtook Hakuho (my ratings are based on the previous four tournaments) but other than that it's been Hakuho since a year or two before Asashoryu was forced out, which is quite a long run at the top. 

I had Hakuho and Kisenosato tied after Hatsu, with Kisenosato a fair amount ahead now. However, with that injury of his I'm not sure I'll touch him with a barge pole.

Senkoho    454

I know this has probably been asked a couple of times already but: where are the rules for SalaryCap?

Fukurou    359

Looking for the banzuke for ISP and SekiToto.

Any ideas when the various Super Banzuke, Masters and WC might be updated to include Hatsu info?

Gurowake    1,450
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Senkoho said:

I know this has probably been asked a couple of times already but: where are the rules for SalaryCap?

There's a link to them at http://www.strongoak.net/sb/

They don't appear to be anywhere other than that archive, but it's still usable.

Edited by Gurowake
  • Like 1

Tsuchinoninjin    221

My goals for these games is to go 1-14 or better in TTT and not pick Takekaze for 15x hoshitori.

• Like 2

Sakura    191
Posted (edited)

I've just finished compiling a table of head-to-head matchups between rikishi for my game Break The Curse (ps try it out). I decided to make something that would be easy to modify for future basho and included everyone down to the bottom of Juryo. 

This is an undertaking I never want to to do again. I don't know what was more frustrating, the rikishi that changed their shikona (and thus were hard to find in matchups) or those like Kitataiki who have been up and down the banzuke like a bad penny and have a matchup history with nearly every current sekitori.

Edited by Sakura

Rocks    521

Well I'm trying Paper Oyakata for this first time this basho. Sorry @Gurowake , I needed a rival so you're it. Gambarize! (Pokingtheotherguy...)

Pandaazuma    743

Hey @Rocks I will add you to my Oracle scoring system if you like?  Or will you try it yourself?  I explained how to do it during that long Oracle discussion back in March.

Rocks    521
7 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

Hey @Rocks I will add you to my Oracle scoring system if you like?  Or will you try it yourself?  I explained how to do it during that long Oracle discussion back in March.

You mean like when you said you compare yourself to 4 other players you consider you main rivals? If you mean that then don't add me to yours because I don't expect to do much in Oracle. I kinda winged it again but I did give more thought to my Juryo picks. I might try what you suggested myself though to see how I'm doing.

Fujisan    164

Without Hakuho-Kisenosato leading my bench sumo picks I feel very exposed.....

I dont see Kisenosato taking my No 1 spot yet though... I am one of Kisenosatos biggest fans but 3 in a row? Its not happening is it? Hey but what do I know?

• Like 1

Jakusotsu    1,670

...and not even the freebie Okinoumi helped today (32 picks, only 11 successful).

• Like 1

Asashosakari    9,188
4 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

...and not even the freebie Okinoumi helped today (32 picks, only 11 successful).

You have no idea how long I deliberated until I decided to go with Gagamaru as my 4th pick... Not sure I've ever struggled that much in the first week to find three sensible picks to complement a fusensho. Lucky choice, it turned out - most of my alternatives ended up losing. (As did Ikioi as one of the two "safe" picks...)

Rocks    521
2 hours ago, Asashosakari said:

34.8% winning rate in Quad through 5 days, second-worst ever.

Now I don't feel so bad being 2-3. I know what has messed me up is I usually pick the guys who were injured last basho early figuring they would be best they are going to be at the start of the basho  but they all started out this basho the same way they finished the last. Losing.

Ganzohnesushi    151
2 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

Can't complain about the freebie, so obviously I'm one of the 11. After Kakuryo's kyujo was announced I changed my strategy and completely switched my 4 picks for the day. Funny enough, with my original picks I would also have won (Seiro, Tochinoshin, Takarafuji + losing Kaisei B). Looking at the overall scores a 3-2 record looks promising.

Suwihuto    32
4 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

If only I'd been awake to take advantage of it! (Sleeping...)

Fujisan    164
On 05 May 2017 at 13:02, Pandaazuma said:

Some talkative gamers here of late so we might as well kick this thread off with my announcement that Fantasy Sumo is now open for registration.  Not many other games are yet, but it's still early doors!

Good luck to all my fellow gamers in Natsu!

Hey Simon......

Is there a problem with the Fantasy sumo results page because that cant be me in the top spot surely...There has to be something wrong I cant be leading In my worst game. Now I know there is a long way to go and likely it will turn sour before  senshuraku but thats why I have a silly grin on my face now,you have to enjoy these moments because they dont last long........

PawnSums    35
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 18:26, Rocks said:

Well I'm trying Paper Oyakata for this first time this basho. Sorry @Gurowake , I needed a rival so you're it. Gambarize! (Pokingtheotherguy...)

Then if we fight ever you're my sumo game rival

And for now Whoever Shiawasekun is. (And if he won't come forth then it's the next guy I have to fight.)

Rocks    521
3 minutes ago, PawnSums said:

Then if we fight ever you're my sumo game rival

And for now Whoever Shiawasekun is. (And if he won't come forth then it's the next guy I have to fight.)

You're Mukanibaru? If so they we are already rivals because I beat you in January! (Carriedawayonastretcher...)

http://www.japanguide.info/sumo/bout.html?20171+13+2+1059

PawnSums    35
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rocks said:

You're Mukanibaru? If so they we are already rivals because I beat you in January! (Carriedawayonastretcher...)

http://www.japanguide.info/sumo/bout.html?20171+13+2+1059

Why would you think that? i'm Erikuni.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see, I said Shiawasekun was my rival because I had to fight him tomorrow, but I don't think he has a sumo forum account, so i'll take the day 7 guy, and if he doesn't , day 8, and so on...

Edited by PawnSums

Rocks    521
1 minute ago, PawnSums said:

Why would you think that? i'm Erikun

I screwed up. Mukanibaru is who Shiawasekun faced LAST night.

Pandaazuma    743
2 hours ago, Fujisan said:

Hey Simon......

Is there a problem with the Fantasy sumo results page because that cant be me in the top spot surely...There has to be something wrong I cant be leading In my worst game. Now I know there is a long way to go and likely it will turn sour before  senshuraku but thats why I have a silly grin on my face now,you have to enjoy these moments because they dont last long........

We have similar teams except that I have Goeido for your Terunofuji and Yutakayama for your Kaisei.  So it really could go either way.