Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PawnSums

This makes no sense

8 posts in this topic

According to this post: http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/topic/34600-how-does-one-become-a-sumo/#comment-290398 3 forum members were banned.

When reading old posts on the forum, I found a banned member that said "banned" under his name.

On posts made by the three users mentioned above, it does not say "banned".

Is this a glitch, or are they not banned?

Posted (edited)

Yes, I found that, too - locked subjects aren't quotable, so I copied my post and made it a quote by hand

On 25.2.2016 at 09:55, Otokonoyama said:

One member has been suspended for creating a sock puppet to join in

Above was the copied quote in it - gives the thread

Is there a forum bulletin somewhere about those decisions or is the privacy of these culprits to be protected?

I saw that in the past those people were changed to the status "Banned†", but with the link to their member page still remaining, while now they stay "regular" but the link is gone.

There seem to have been even other other ways members were dealt with in the past

Edited by Akinomaki

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 00:41, Akinomaki said:

Yes, I found that, too - locked subjects aren't quotable, so I copied my post and made it a quote by hand

Above was the copied quote in it - gives the thread

There seem to have been even other other ways members were dealt with in the past

But when it says "Suspended" Does that mean they are Suspeded, or Banned? or are they even talking about those three?

Perhaps there is a disconnect due to the major updating of the forum?

Incidentally, he joined Sumo Game for a basho (the last one), but it looks as if he has had enough of that already.

8 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

Incidentally, he joined Sumo Game for a basho (the last one), but it looks as if he has had enough of that already.

And that has to do with? What?

2 hours ago, PawnSums said:

And that has to do with? What?

I said 'incidentally', did I not?  He is related to this thread, is he not?  He made some comments on his daily bouts that referenced his banning at the forum.  I added it as an afterthought.  Is this really so important or difficult to understand that you had to query it?

1 minute ago, Pandaazuma said:

I said 'incidentally', did I not?  He is related to this thread, is he not?  He made some comments on his daily bouts that referenced his banning at the forum.  I added it as an afterthought.  Is this really so important or difficult to understand that you had to query it?

Ok, that was dumb on my part.

Back to discussion, It's a very mysterious mystery.