Kintamayama

GTB - May I please have some chanko- GTB invitation

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Drrring drrring..Driiingg

Kisenosato: "Hey, Yasu, can you get that?"

Takayasu: "Sir, no more 'can you get that'! I'm almost an Ozeki now-get it yourself."

K: "Aw, come on.. I can't move my arm..How can I pick up the phone?"

T: "Use your teeth. I'm busy being happy about your yusho.. I hear your favorite song lately is "Put your Head on My Shoulder..'"

K: "No, it's actually "Don't Stand So Close To Me".. . Have you seen the papers??  Everyone is raving about karma and how I henka'd Terunofuji and maybe got away with that hair pull. Hair pull? Really?"

T: "You gotta admit it looked like one.."

K: "I don't know, i wasn't watching.. Did you see how even Hakuhou Himself said good words about me?"

T : "I hope for your sake that you are seriously healthy  when you meet up with him in May because I have a feeling he's preparing something special for you.. And Shoudai. Next Ozeki, my back-hair.." .

K :"BTW, how's Bumpety holding up?"

Y: "I hear he is practicing 'The Crab'. It's when  you walk sideways a lot..."

K : "So one may say he is full of crab?"

T: "For someone who's been crying a lot lately like a 12 year old schoolgirl, you sure are throwing them stones at them glass houses.."

K: "I deserve every tear I shed, believe me. The best part of all this is that I no longer will be known as 'The Choker..' "

T: " Some people call me Maurice."

K: "What's that?"

T: "Nothing, A cultural reference you probably wouldn't get.."

K: "OK, sometimes I have no idea what language you are speaking. BTW, Have you started packing for the Jungyo? I hear the mosquitoes in Hyogo are the size of Oorora.."

T: "Well, you have your rest - I need 10 wins next basho. You can just take it easy from here on.. you lucky so and so."

K: "Hey!! The phone! What about the phone? Maybe it's someone important?"

T: "I'll get it.. Hi Sho!! Yes, it has been ringing for quite a while..We like people to think we live in a huge house, so we take our time answering the phone.. OK, OK, no need to shout.  I'll check if he's here... Boss, it's Hakuhou and he sounds.."

K: "No..no. .I'm not here. I'm at the hospital having my shoulder popped back in or my zits popped out.  Me not here.".

T: "Oh sure, Sho, He's here..he's dying to talk to you.."

Kisenosato bursts into tears.

No he doesn't. It's only the bi-monthly invitation to play the  GTB - the awesome between- bashos "Guess the Banzuke" game!! Last basho, we broke the bank with 89 entries. Forward, to the hundred players mark!!

Rules: Guess the Banzuke. Simple. You get two points for a bulls-eye and one point for just getting the rank right. You get no points for dislocating your shoulder.

Tiebreakers - Most total guesses, then, we check the banzuke backwards - getting the lower half right will be more important now. The most correct guesses in the last ten places will win the tiebreaker. If still tied , we go up a ranking at a time like a penalty shootout. Then we arm wrestle with priests and rabbis.
It's up to you to check if you are on the list of entries. It's going to be your fault if you don't notice that your entry went missing in the Internet void. No late entries will be expected or accepted .

For rules, standings and to buy the book "How To Henka And Still Make It Look Respectable" by H. G. Harumafuji:
http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

For the nifty entry form:
http://sumodb.sumoga...b/GTBEntry.aspx

For the "new" archives:
http://sumodb.sumoga...gtbarchive.aspx

Free online live sumo!!
http://inyourdreams-suckers.tv

Deadline- Monday, April 24th, 2017 at 18:00 GMT ("Go, My Takayasu!!!!") - PLEASE NOTE-THIS IS ONE WEEK BEFORE THE OFFICIAL BANZUKE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

NEW!!! The Awesome GTB Helper, conceived by Tsuchinoninjin -  makes making an entry a piece of cake!!

Special thanks to Andoreasu who runs it, Doitsuyama who automates and maintains it and to my psychiatrist who says I'll be fine as long as I don't mix the blue ones with the pink ones and vice versa.

Edited by Kintamayama
16 people like this

I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?

1 person likes this

the entry form is still in hatsu 2017 mode.

9 minutes ago, PawnSums said:

No, it's not. You must be looking at a cached copy if that's what you see.

1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:
1 minute ago, Asashosakari said:

No, it's not. You must be looking at a cached copy if that's what you see.

it has it where you can make a banzuke for haru 2017

2 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Drrring drrring..Driiingg

Kisenosato: "Hey, Yasu, can you get that?"

Takayasu: "Sir, no more 'can you get that'! I'm almost an Ozeki now-get it yourself."

I'm looking forward to Takayasu's ozeki promotion so we can get some sort of "Yasu, Sir, Yasu!" routine...

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, PawnSums said:

There are two axioms: Kintamayama videos will always have 3 errors, and Doitsuyama is never wrong.

Sumo site by Kintamayama   Moti Dichne  LINK REL  SHORTCUT ICON  HREF  http   moti.sumogames.com favicon.ico  .png

Just now, Kintamayama said:

There are two axioms: Kintamayama videos will always have 3 errors, and Doitsuyama is never wrong.

Sumo site by Kintamayama   Moti Dichne  LINK REL  SHORTCUT ICON  HREF  http   moti.sumogames.com favicon.ico  .png

I meant the entry form HELPER.

1 minute ago, Asashosakari said:

I'm looking forward to Takayasu's ozeki promotion so we can get some sort of "Yasu, Sir, Yasu!" routine...

That is quite siryasu, sir.

1 person likes this

Just now, PawnSums said:

I meant the entry form HELPER.

Oh, OK.. We'll have to refer to the guy with the shikona that is impossible to remember- Tetsunoninjin..

1 person likes this

Just now, Kintamayama said:

That is quite siryasu, sir.

Indeed, I'm even contemplating becoming the founder of the Yasu Movement.

(One for the wrestling fans...)

1 person likes this

Just now, Asashosakari said:

Indeed, I'm even contemplating becoming the founder of the Yasu Movement.

(One for the wrestling fans...)

Our Greek friends will surely like that. Yasu mangas.

6 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

K: "I deserve every tear I shed, believe me. The best part of all this is that I no longer will be known as 'The Choker..' "

T: " Some people call me Maurice."

Aren't there a lot of rikishi who are smokers, cause like everyone in Japan smokes or something? 

There may have also been some midnight tokers once upon a time, though probably not any more.

1 person likes this

Some people call me "The Gangster of Love".

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

thank goodness you did not incorporate "I really love your peaches, Want to shake your tree" into this story!

Edited by shimodahito
1 person likes this

Well, I've entered, I think I may have over promoted a few people (M15w 8-7 -> M9e, or M10w 10-5 -> M3w) but overall it turned out pretty easy for such a hectic basho.

also, on a *Off-Topic* Note, It's my dibs on Tamawashi for the yusho in may (Of course not, but if I am right, I told you so.)

"I hear the mosquitoes in Hyogo are the size of Oorora."

"...full of crab."

Moti san, you just made my day.  I can't tell you how eagerly I await your drring ring routines.

1 person likes this

Looking at the entry form I just realized why Terunofuji would never become 5th yokozuna. B-)

3 people like this

Well that was murder, but I'm in. Over to you @RaeucherLax ! Gambarize!!!!!

1 person likes this

As always it'll certainly take me longer than I first planned to prepare my entry. :-/ but I can't shy away from that challenge ;-) there's still a lot of room for improvement... especially for me...

1 person likes this

The helper form is still coming up with hatsu rankings for me even clicking above links, is there an updated link?

7 minutes ago, Shatsume said:

The helper form is still coming up with hatsu rankings for me even clicking above links, is there an updated link?

Incorrect. The "helper" is on Haru and Natsu.

2 minutes ago, Bumpkin said:

Incorrect. The "helper" is on Haru and Natsu.

May be incorrect for you, but correct for me. Even if I google to get to GTB and click on the helper from there it is coming up for Hatsu/Haru. If I click on the links in this thread it does the same. Am I missing something obvious???