Kintamayama

GTB - May I please have some chanko- GTB invitation and results!!

83 posts in this topic

I don't know why I bothered bringing it up, as no one else ever thinks the way I do.

1 person likes this

Well, I guess I overthought this one.

I spent ages looking at whether score X at rank Y would be considered better than score A at rank B and found actual banzuke examples that confirmed that only to have them not be considered in the same way in this banzuke.

6 hours ago, Asashosakari said:

Well, yeah, dozens of them. In fact, this is only the 4th time in "modern" banzuke-making that they've deviated from a straight win ranking. The others:

after 1981.07
after 1993.07
after 2014.05

(Additional example from the 15-day era, but with a discernible reason: after 1954.05.)

Yeah, wow. Actually I checked the Japanese sumo analytics blog and there is a couple big posts about it there.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/search_net_box/archives/21185080.html

http://blog.livedoor.jp/search_net_box/archives/21000971.html

I'll try to throw up a translation over in that thread later since it is a thing about the banzuke.

Posted (edited)

Well, I don't mean to offend anyone, because I don't know who he is. but whoever torbayama tikitaka is he must have done terrible, 23 points. is that a record for lows? I did bad too. 30 points. I think the lowest (since haru 2005) was Abe and Sushisakura (both new I think (at the time(parenthesis in a parenthesis, inception.)), with 11.

Edited by PawnSums

15 minutes ago, PawnSums said:

Well, I don't mean to offend anyone, because I don't know who he is. but whoever torbayama tikitaka is he must have done terrible, 23 points. is that a record for lows? I did bad too. 30 points.

I did worse once.  Not sure if it's the lowest ever.  It was the infamous basho after all the yaocho scandal dismissals, when there were suddenly loads of holes that had to be filled, meaning some people had to be promoted even with losing records.  I made my banzuke not allowing any such thing...and was hammered for it.  Dead last with 22 points! :)

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/gtb/GTBPlayerBasho.aspx?p=340&b=201107

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sheesh, they must have hit a really bad cask of sake once again. Tochinoshin ahead of Ura looks wrong in so many aspects, it hurts just to look at it.

Edited by Jakusotsu
1 person likes this

Now that I look at it. what the h*** does the red, blue and green on the names mean?

11 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

I did worse once.  Not sure if it's the lowest ever.  It was the infamous basho after all the yaocho scandal dismissals, when there were suddenly loads of holes that had to be filled, meaning some people had to be promoted even with losing records.  I made my banzuke not allowing any such thing...and was hammered for it.  Dead last with 22 points! :)

No worries, you're not even close to the lowest score ever, nor even in the exalted club of scores under 20. In total there have been 63 of those over the years, and I have two of them, ten years apart. (Sigh...)

1 hour ago, PawnSums said:

Now that I look at it. what the h*** does the red, blue and green on the names mean?

Blue marks you out as a debutant, the pink covers your next four basho, green is a player in the top ten ranks.

Speaking of the top ten ranks, there are four changes to those this basho. Dropping out are Heriokuno, Konosato, Ullishimaru and Asashosakari. Konosato had the longest current stay with six basho in green; Okisuruga now takes over that mantle with the same number, having retained his place this time.

Replacing the four dropouts are four returnees. This basho's champion Shimanoumi is back after a gap of eight basho, and at a new career high rank of 3rd. Congrats! Kitakachiyama returns after three basho and also sets a new personal best in 5th. From the land of the rising sun, four-time yusho winner Susanoo is back in green for the first time in ten basho, while Momijibasi also returns after five basho.

3 people like this