Akinomaki

Sumo goods

Sumo goods can be purchased with the Paypay app or a credit card. Kyushu 2019 Basho souvenir information.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The highly symmetrical picture banzuke for the Reiwa 2 Hatsu basho o

ENkwQisU0AEErpl.jpg:large

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Part 3 of the "Japan tradition and culture" stamp series is sumo, issued May 8th. 2 sets of 10 stamps, one for 840 yen o

img_item_01.jpg

and one for 630 yen

img_item_02.jpg

official NSK PR by Mitakeumi, who regularly gets his own local stamp sets

EXtO1JMU4AYpTQo.jpg:thumbo 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 11/05/2020 at 13:32, Akinomaki said:

official NSK PR by Mitakeumi, who regularly gets his own local stamp sets

EXtO1JMU4AYpTQo.jpg:thumbo 

Wow! I would love to have one of these myself... I understand that we can buy these sheets online, but do you know anything about delivering to Hungary? :D I'm not sure if that's an option. If only I had somebody living in Japan, who could help me get these stamps...  Anybody? (Please!?...)  :) 

9 hours ago, Wakaebala said:

Wow! I would love to have one of these myself... I understand that we can buy these sheets online, but do you know anything about delivering to Hungary? :D I'm not sure if that's an option. If only I had somebody living in Japan, who could help me get these stamps...  Anybody? (Please!?...)  :) 

Hi, I have a friend in Japan who can possibly get these for you.  He is honest & reliable.  He charges a 20% commission.  I can contact him & see if he can get this stamp set for you.  Ohhhhhh, I just thought of something!!!  There may be a problem involved in shipping due to COVID-19.  I know Japan Post is not presently shipping to the US by air but I don't know about Hungary.  It might be possible.  I will check and let you know.  Do you want both sheets, one for 840 yen and the other 630 yen?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wakaebala said:

Good news/bad news.  My friend in Japan can get the stamps for you!!  However, Japan Post is not shipping airmail internationally at this time.  Your best bet is to have the stamps shipped via surface mail (land and sea).  I don't have a cost yet for your order but it's VERY cheap.  However, surface takes 3-4 MONTHS to arrive.  The cost will be determined by how many stamp sets you order.  They CAN be shipped via Fedex, DHL or UPS but it would cost about $100USD.  As you can see, surface is the way to go, but only if you're willing to wait 3-4 months.  One last option is to wait until Japan Post starts shipping internationally again.  It's possible they will start in June but that's just a guess.  At this point, do you know what you want to do?  If you are still interested in placing an order, I will put you in touch with my friend.

• Like 1

https://smile.amazon.com/Perfect-Guide-Sumo-edited/dp/4861526329/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+perfect+guide+to+sumo&qid=1589387380&s=books&sr=1-1

I have not seen this book discussed on Sumo Forum so I thought I would mention it here.  It is the best book about sumo I have ever read.  The title is "The Perfect Guide to Sumo", authored by the 34th Kimura Shonosuke (Ito Katsuharu).  First edition September 7, 2017, second edition January 11, 2019.  The book was written in Japanese but was translated into English.  The book itself is bilingual.  It has received FIVE STARS on Amazon (only 10 copies are left!).  Amazon's price of $27 is the best I have found.  I highly recommend it.

6 hours ago, sumojoann said:

https://smile.amazon.com/Perfect-Guide-Sumo-edited/dp/4861526329/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+perfect+guide+to+sumo&qid=1589387380&s=books&sr=1-1

I have not seen this book discussed on Sumo Forum so I thought I would mention it here.  It is the best book about sumo I have ever read.  The title is "The Perfect Guide to Sumo", authored by the 34th Kimura Shonosuke (Ito Katsuharu).  First edition September 7, 2017, second edition January 11, 2019.  The book was written in Japanese but was translated into English.  The book itself is bilingual.  It has received FIVE STARS on Amazon (only 10 copies are left!).  Amazon's price of $27 is the best I have found.  I highly recommend it.

Mentioned in passing by Akinomaki on 08/29/2019.

On 12/05/2020 at 16:32, Wakaebala said:

You can buy them on ebay. Currently there is one seller selling them. The small for 12:00$ and the big for 16:00$. There is another one selling the big one for 59.99$. From my experience buying stamps on ebay, you always need to know the real price of the stamps you are buying or might get a rip off.

Also, you should check if the Japan Post is selling them and ship wherever you live. I've never checked the japanese one, but some of the european do send worldwide and you pay retail price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ja1405-Japan-2020-tradition-and-culture-No-3-sumo-63y-MNH/283874268130?hash=item42183993e2:g:93sAAOSwSWxeuKZT

On 06/01/2020 at 14:33, Akinomaki said:

The highly symmetrical picture banzuke for the Reiwa 2 Hatsu basho o

Were picture banzuke printed for the March and May tournaments?  I realise that March had no fans and therefore no souvenir stalls at the Edion Arena, and that May's basho was cancelled.  But  regular banzuke were printed for both tournaments, so it would not take much to have a picture banzuke printed and made available (in Ryogoku souvenir stores...).  

1 hour ago, Amamaniac said:

Were picture banzuke printed for the March and May tournaments?  I realise that March had no fans and therefore no souvenir stalls at the Edion Arena, and that May's basho was cancelled.  But  regular banzuke were printed for both tournaments, so it would not take much to have a picture banzuke printed and made available (in Ryogoku souvenir stores...).  

Yes, there was a picture Banzuke printed for the March basho and also a program.  (I have both).  I'm pretty sure the Kokugikan online gift shop never had the programs but they did have the picture Banzuke.  I bought the program from ebay for an exorbitant amount of money.  I don't know about the May basho.

• Thanks 1

On 16/05/2020 at 18:48, Amamaniac said:

I just heard from my friend in Japan.  He said there is a regular Banzuke and also a Pictorial Banzuke available for the MAY BASHO  but NO program.  The Kokugikan gift shop is still closed but he has a source where he can get the Banzuke.  The problem is the shipping.  As you probably know, Japan Post is not currently shipping Airmail internationally and won't start until probably after regular airline passenger service resumes.  At this time, there are only 3 options --- 1) Have it shipped via surface mail which takes 3-4 MONTHS --- 2) Have it shipped via Fedex or DHL at a cost of $100USD ---- or 3) wait for Japan Post to resume international Airmail delivery.  Another friend in Japan told me that Japan Post is supposed to make an announcement on May 19 about delivery service.  So if anyone is still interested in purchasing either or both of the Banzuke, I recommend that you first wait until May 19 to see what Japan Post's announcement is all about.  If you are still interested at that point, you can send me a message & I will put you in touch with my friend.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The Kokugikan shop site is closed at the moment, so they haven't posted it, but the other official seller of NSK goods has the picture banzuke for Natsu on sale starting on the 20th (but no good pic of it), and had the pamphlet for Haru on sale (but sold out now) http://sumo.kk-rtp.co.jp/

I haven't posted the Haru basho one yet, so o

ESKrBOyUEAAx7r0.jpg:large

Natsu is just available small size now: http://sumo.kk-rtp.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=65

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 24/09/2018 at 14:16, Akinomaki said:

The sets in detail http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/630701/

I wonder why those in the bad guy (Akawashi) costume are the Japanese Y/O

Kisenosato

image06.jpgEPP_062524967-.jpg

Takayasu

image05.jpgEPP_062525001-.jpg

while Hakuho is in that of the hero (Hiyonoyama)

image.jpgEPP_062524975.jpg

as is Endo

image02.jpgEPP_062524991.jpg

and Chiyomaru in the fitting one of a minor character (Ankoyama)

image03.jpgEPP_062524987.jpg

Shibatayama is the secret one and not shown (I wonder at which probability you get him) - general sales start in October, the article tells that the design may change for that (though they were already available at the basho)

Gutted, Rakuten had the set of 6 for 2,000 yen but it's sold out.

Anyone able to track these down elsewhere? If i'm honest I'm only after the Chiyomaru one!

If it is only one, check out yahoo japan auction and see if any are up for sale on the 2nd hand market. 

The kokugikan shop site reopened - and posted the picture banzuke for Natsu o EZKeKINUcAYzriy.jpg:large

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The banzuke for the July basho is still the same, but the picture banzuke is a bit different, not just a new date, new colors - new kesho mawashi - and the pic quality is better this time

EbaGstUUMAAj3Qj.jpg:large

somebody from the kokugikan shop site had found a picture banzuke from Aki 1996 at home and posted it

EaxkYIAU8AA8G4S.jpg:thumbo  

EaxkqJnUYAAPkjB.jpg:largeEaxkkyzU8AMCqkl.jpg:large

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

EbaGstUUMAAj3Qj.jpg:large

Has there been an outbreak of vitiligo? Look forward to seeing some distinctly piebald rikishi in July according to this^.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1