Sign in to follow this  
Randomitsuki

Hatsu 2017 Masters Results

The Hatsu Masters results are online!

Susanoo is really on a roll, winning back-to-back Green Mawashi for a total of six Masters titles! The Japanese gentleman received yusho in Norizo Cup, RotoSumo, and UDH. Moreover, he scored among the top 10 in seven more games, and would have easily swept all sansho categories for a whopping 90+ Masters points performance.

Asashosakari finished second overall, and with three yusho under his belt (Bench Sumo, Tippspiel, and Sekitori-Toto) he gets his first ever shukun-sho.

New player Gansekiiwa started his career with a bang, and gets the Technique Prize gino-sho with a daily gaming yusho (Chaingang) and a pre-basho gaming yusho (Hoshitori Game)

Finally, Gonzaburow was awarded his her first career kanto-sho for being the highest-ranked player with six top 10 performances.

Congratulations to all the winners!

At the same time, the 2017 World Championship standings were updated, as well as the access page to all Superbanzuke games.

Edited by Randomitsuki
  • Like 7

Second top-10 finish in a row! Ureshii desu.

WHAT A BASHO by Susanoo!!!

Edited by Senkoho

Wow! I got 3rd? And the Gino-sho? That is way more than I expected. Thanks Rando!

Congrats to Susanoo!!!!(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)(Clappingwildly...)

• Like 1

I think I've nearly doubled my career number of daily game yusho in this one basho. How the heck did that happen? On the other hand, 0.25 points in pre-basho games just might be my worst performance ever. (Laughing...) What a weird basho. Congrats to Susanoo!

15 hours ago, Randomitsuki said:

Finally, Gonzaburow was awarded his first career kanto-sho for being the highest-ranked player with six top 10 performances.

Cracking disguise!

Many thanks to Randomitsuki-san for all the complicated work, and to all for the congratulations.
I went and worshiped at one of Susanoo Shrine which exist a lot in Hyogo the other day not to leave me this good luck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronnie said:

Cracking disguise!

For whatever silly reason I tended to believe that Gonzaburow is male, and that he just uses a female profile pic. However, the Sumoforum member page tells me that Gonzaburow is actually female. Gomen nasai!(Oops!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Randomitsuki said:

However, the Sumoforum member page tells me that Gonzaburow is actually female.

Even before she quit drinking? B-)

It seems weird that the world still turns on the question whether someone is male or female, and there is not a single place where people are not pre-judged by their sex.

I think Rando was more concerned about getting it wrong than judging.

• Like 1

Really great to still see all this going.  Thank you so much, Randomitsuki! B-)

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:
16 hours ago, Randomitsuki said:

However, the Sumoforum member page tells me that Gonzaburow is actually female.

Even before she quit drinking? B-)

I just realized this looks really bad, taken out of context.

The joke relates to the fact that Gonzaburow used to put the line "I'm a drunkard each day, every day." in all of her daily comments at Bench Sumo for a long time.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Susanoo for the win, and to Gansekiiwa for his nice debut basho.

For this second year, my main aim will be to get more points than during my first year.

And as andonishiki and I got medals, would it be possible to get the name of our country in the medal table? The country might be little but has its place in the  top-10 of sumo gaming medal table :-)

(by the way, I just saw I won the Chain Gang world championship for the 2016 year, this is a great honor!)

• Like 1