Sign in to follow this  
orandashoho

Games talk Hatsu 2017

You know that it is an OMG ** WTF !! ** day when someone with 2 points in SG can still be a winner.

Edited by orandashoho

The pinnacle of irony is Choshu-Yuki getting her first loss in Toto today.

• Like 2

Day 9 was crazy. Speaking of SG I can't believe Andonishiki with 4 tiebreaker losses in the first 7 days. I'm new to SG but that has to be some kind of record or something.

I'm sure it also happened to others in OddSumo today, probably also with bigger quotas at stake than the 42,38 that I was aiming for, but there is something especially frustrating about your OddSumo loss whenever you get, going against Hakuho right, something I almost never gamble on, and it's someone else in your accumulator who lets you down RUINING EVERYTHING. In my case none other than Kisenosato who I'm also so annoyed that I ended up adding, against all reason I'm sure value-wise, as as an "ultra-safe go-along", even when deep inside all my warning signals were going off following his nervy escape against Okinoumi and how against all people, that kind of advantage handed to him would work very well for Kotoshogiku (despite being so weak right now).

UGH!

Edited by Taka

Arawashi is driving me crazy. Here he is, calmly losing day after day to anchor my UDH, then he wins over yokozuna 2 days in a row. The only thing saving me in UDH is that I had Tochinoshin in the 5-spot. With my luck, he'll probably return and go on a winning streak or something.

• Like 1

@Fukurou In case you didn't read the other post: Everybody has Arawashi on 6, setting a new record.

Just now, Jakusotsu said:

@Fukurou In case you didn't read the other post: Everybody has Arawashi on 6, setting a new record.

No, I didn't read that. Not all that surprised, though.

Not everyone has the slippery bugger on 6! I put him at 5! Shohozan at 6!

Tochinoshin's loss is killing me. I didn't have him anywhere in the points...so it is game over. Will be luck to get a kk there.

1 hour ago, Jakusotsu said:

And the few players who have him at 5 or less are now rooting for him to get as many wins as possible. ;-)

Well, I put Shin on 4 points :-) But then again I have Tamawashi on 5  :-O  UDH is a real rollercoaster in Hatsu with so many upsets and surprises.

But wtf is going on in Odd Sumo? On Day 8 Gernobono had a fantastic bet yelding him 119,73 net points but that was topped by Jejima's 120,65 today. They are ranked now #6 and #7 on the all-time 'single winning bets' table. Gernobono is the only player with 2 bets within the Top 10. He is represented 6 times within the Top 20. Nevertheless, the all-time record is held by another gaming giant. On day 2 of Hatsu'10 Randomitsuki's bet paid 157,22 net points.

Flohru's 70,87 points won on Day 8 in a normal Basho would have been good enough for the Yusho but nowadays it is just a marginalia.

Ganzohnesushi

5 hours ago, Rocks said:

Day 9 was crazy. Speaking of SG I can't believe Andonishiki with 4 tiebreaker losses in the first 7 days. I'm new to SG but that has to be some kind of record or something.

This a record? Not at all.

In the upper Makuuchi ranks players often have the same 8, 9 or even 10 Rikishi in their team, i.e. the average tie breakers percentage is likely to be higher than in the lower ranks. I remember Pandaazuma's record in Aki'12. He suffered 5 painful TB losses in the first 6 days and I'm sure there will be many more similar cases.

I have not checked whether someone else has an even better record but my personal best is an incredible 8-1 in TB in Kyushu'13.

Ganzohnesushi

Edited by Ganzohnesushi

I wonder what kind of spell kuroimori cast on me in Bench Sumo. Either one of Aoiyama, Myogiryu or Kaisei would have been enough today for my first win against him, but now it's 0-8.

Oh, wait, there's still a chance if Kise wins and Hakuho loses! B-)

Aoiyama and Kaisei are pathetic this basho.

30 minutes ago, Rocks said:

Aoiyama and Kaisei are pathetic this basho.

And Tochiozan...and Myogiryu.  Horrific.

• Like 1

I wonder what the lowest average for a day was in Sumo game? Is the 3.79 for Day 9 unusually low?

Duh, never mind. Found the Lowest Scoring Days on the stats page. It made the top 10 so I guess that's pretty low.

Edited by Rocks
  • Like 1

I faced a guy who got to 9-2 in SG playing his default setup the whole way. I beat him 8-7. Makunouchi is getting quite crowded at the top.

So many 14-14 bouts in bench sumo today. 

24 in total. Most of the bouts in Makuuchi were decided like that. 

Edited by Sakura

Woah! @ScreechingOwl  goes to the bench to take out the 11-0 Hokuyutaka and stay on his road to KK at 7-5 in Bench Sumo.  Very nice. Congrats.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

.345 MCP with a near-GBL 14-pointer...geez.

Can you decode this for us? Thanks

2 hours ago, Rocks said:

Woah! @ScreechingOwl  goes to the bench to take out the 11-0 Hokuyutaka and stay on his road to KK at 7-5 in Bench Sumo.  Very nice. Congrats.

My victory shows why no one in Bench has yet gone 15-0: Hokuyutaka (Asashosakari) picked a superior Bench team and has played better than I have. I bet he would have defeated me on at least 80% of the days this basho. But we met on a day when many of my rikishi, because of their own poor records, were matched up with much lower ranked and weaker opponents. So my own incompetence at selecting successful rikishi before the basho had more to do with my lucky victory than anything else.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ScreechingOwl said:

Hokuyutaka (Asashosakari)

Oh! That's who that is? Wow.

1 hour ago, ScreechingOwl said:

My victory shows why no one in Bench has yet gone 15-0: Hokuyutaka (Asashosakari) picked a superior Bench team and has played better than I have. I bet he would have defeated me on at least 80% of the days this basho. But we met on a day when many of my rikishi, because of their own poor records, were matched up with much lower ranked and weaker opponents. So my own incompetence at selecting successful rikishi before the basho had more to do with my lucky victory than anything else.

Them's the breaks in Bench. At least I ran into an unbeatable lineup - I know others feel differently, but I'd rather lose like this than through my own mistakes. :-) Now watch me choke this yusho away from what was a three-win lead...

39 minutes ago, Rocks said:

Oh! That's who that is? Wow.

No need to be impressed! :-P I'm just an extremely middling Bench player who's had a hot week in nearly all the dailies for some unfathomable reason.

1 hour ago, Rocks said:

Can you decode this for us? Thanks

My Bench lineup for the day was close to as good as possible, and I still fell well short of even being an average player for the day. Was just my surprise about the sudden onslaught of 14-pointers today.

Edited by Asashosakari