Sign in to follow this  
Sakana

FAWL - Hatsu basho 2017

Hello dear Fawlers. We wish you a very very happy new year. All the best !

As usual, when the first Sunday is early in the month, I forgot to prepare the form days before... So, it comes only 3 days before the shonichi. All apologies.
>>> http://bobdh.free.fr/FAWL/formulaire.htm

The banzuke will be late, too (maybe ready for shonichi, I have to work it fast...).

Good luck with your picks. And -again- we wish you a happy new year. :)

Announcement :

FAWL will retire from sumo-games after the Haru basho 2017. Since Haru 2007, we had a lot of pleasure to create, manage, run and play this game for and with all of you but, now in 2017, we lack time (and lost a lil'bit of motivation too). We are "open" to give the game files to anybody who would keep the game (and the statistics). Feel free. We still have 2 months before the end.

Edited by Sakana

We have our first contestant :
- Wamahada.

He's the sole Fawler registered, at the moment, for the Hatsu basho. Still 20 hours to make your entries. Thanks. :)

Edited by Sakana

We received only one entry, from Wamahada. Does anybody else have sent an entry (which would mean that my email box is bugged) ? Otherwise, we'll cancel the Hatsu basho 2017 and end earlier the game (now instead of after Haru basho '17).

Greetings,

Double-post
I've investigated the problem. It seems the provider (Free) has many issues on their servers since 1 week or so. Maybe I will receive all the emails at the same time, but... I don't know yet "when"...

So, at the moment, I have received only one entry, made by Wamahada (i.e. : my form is OK) ; ScreechingOwl confirmed me he sent one before the deadline (but I have not the entry yet).

I hope I'll get all the mails quickly.

1 hour ago, Sakana said:

Does anybody else have sent an entry (which would mean that my email box is bugged) ?

I sent my entry a few days ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tenshinhan said:

I sent my entry a few days ago.

Me too !

• Like 1

Ok, my mail provider is bugging, that's it. :/

Just to let you know: I also did send an entry about 26 hours ago. Hopefully you will be able to recover all mails!

I am very sorry to read that you need to stop administering FAWL - I am keeping my fingers crossed that someone will take over. Anyway, thanks for 10 years of providing that great game; and for one more basho at least!

• Like 1

I  also sent an entry approx. 20 hours ago.

Sad to hear that FAWL might be closing the doors. As Yokozuna Flohru already mentioned, THANK YOU for 10 years of efforts.

(Sadgoodbyes...)

Ganzohnesushi

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 21:44, Sakana said:

Announcement :

FAWL will retire from sumo-games after the Haru basho 2017. Since Haru 2007, we had a lot of pleasure to create, manage, run and play this game for and with all of you but, now in 2017, we lack time (and lost a lil'bit of motivation too). We are "open" to give the game files to anybody who would keep the game (and the statistics). Feel free. We still have 2 months before the end.

I really like the game - I wouldn't mind operating the files if I can understand them - but I suck at website etc...

Neko

On ‎04‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 14:44, Sakana said:

Thank you for these ten years, Sakana. I'll regret this nice game.

Fawl was born in an era where the sumogaming fever was storming the French forum. There couldn't be enough sumogames back then. What have we become ??? :'-(

Thank you for your kind words.

I have checked my Free email account every day : no mails incoming... I'm really sad of this situation. :-/ I'm still hoping there'll arrive before the senshûraku. :-(

On 10/01/2017 at 02:16, XiaoTan said:

I really like the game - I wouldn't mind operating the files if I can understand them - but I suck at website etc...

Neko

I use an Excel sheet, which works like a database to run the game (it was made by Abudisake, a founder of the game). It has notices everywhere (I'm quite a noob with Excel but...) so I managed to run it. I just have to translate notices in english. It goes the same with the Excel file which contains the statistics. I can also give the folder with the internet files (except the wordpress blog with the "daily" news).

Edited by Sakana

14 hours ago, Sakana said:

I use an Excel sheet, which works like a database to run the game (it was made by Abudisake, a founder of the game). It has notices everywhere (I'm quite a noob with Excel but...) so I managed to run it. I just have to translate notices in english. It goes the same with the Excel file which contains the statistics. I can also give the folder with the internet files (except the wordpress blog with the "daily" news).

I use Excel 8 hours a day - if the main game file is Excel than I'm sure I'll be just fine to manage. Now just need to get the entry form/web stuff sorted - maybe we can find a savy volunteer to help with that... :)