Kintamayama

Hatsu 2017 - Promo and Days 1-15

8 minutes ago, tora said:

What actually happened to him? Was he just upset that things weren't going his way?

He does get 2 stiff palms to the chin hard with a couple of slaps. I'm sure it hurt good and stunned him momentarily. But it's clear instantly he isn't knocked out. He immediately pulls his hands to his face. He isn't wobbly. I think most of that time on the ground had more to do with getting his ass handed to him by an 18 year old than anything else.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rocks said:

He does get 2 stiff palms to the chin hard with a couple of slaps. I'm sure it hurt good and stunned him momentarily. But it's clear instantly he isn't knocked out. He immediately pulls his hands to his face. He isn't wobbly. I think most of that time on the ground had more to do with getting his ass handed to him by an 18 year old than anything else.

Maeta has gone kyujo and was checked at a hospital.  This is more than just getting piqued because he lost.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Asojima said:

Maeta has gone kyujo and was checked at a hospital.  This is more than just getting piqued because he lost.

I hope he gets better soon.

Damn, another difficult to watch KO today between Tomisakae v Musashikuni 

41 minutes ago, inhashi said:

That was a brutal forearm. At least the officials seemed slightly more helpful than for Maeta.

47 minutes ago, inhashi said:

That was a knockout. Wow.

56 minutes ago, Suwihuto said:

That was a brutal forearm. At least the officials seemed slightly more helpful than for Maeta.

So helpful for them to stand off the side and tell him to get up while he staggers around and falls again. At least they didn't let him fall off the dohyo.

Wish I could find the video of Hakuho knocking a couple people into next month with his forearm shiv from a few years back. Be interesting to see what the response back then was from ringside. As I recall, those poor guys did get help.

Edited by Fukurou

37 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

This is not good. Not good at all.

Yeah, you have to wonder about the efficacy of encouraging people to run at what amounts to a punch and saying that is a sport. At the same time though is he aiming for the head or is it the chest and he ducks into it?

1 hour ago, Rocks said:

Yeah, you have to wonder about the efficacy of encouraging people to run at what amounts to a punch and saying that is a sport. At the same time though is he aiming for the head or is it the chest and he ducks into it?

Yeah that too, but I actually meant the closing down of another channel..

Edited by Kintamayama

30 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Yeah that too, but I actually meant the closing down of another channel..

You're a mean one Mr Kinta.

1 minute ago, Bumpkin said:

You're a mean one Mr Kinta.

Why? I said it's not good at all that another channel has been closed down, for obvious reasons. Where is that mean? What do you mean?

1 minute ago, Kintamayama said:

Why? I said it's not good at all that another channel has been closed down, for obvious reasons. Where is that mean? What do you mean?

It's a joke about  seeming to care more about a channel being shut down than a rikishi getting knocked down.

5 hours ago, Fukurou said:

Wish I could find the video of Hakuho knocking a couple people into next month with his forearm shiv from a few years back. Be interesting to see what the response back then was from ringside. As I recall, those poor guys did get help.

Yokozuna Hakuho vs Sekiwake Myogiryu, Aki Basho 2012.
Hakuho demonstrates the "forearm to the jaw" technique. Myogiryu got help while he hadn't a clue where he was

Hak tried the same move the next day vs Ozeki Kakuryu, and also the day after that vs Ozeki Kisenosato, but was blocked both times.  The next day, Hak and Yokozuna Harumafuji had a classic battle for the yusho.

Edited by Fukurou
  • Like 1

Ironically that right arm used for those kachiage thrusts is the one that has currently been bandaged with a sleeve.  Bad karma, Hakuho. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Asojima said:

this thread is bordering on spoiler territory....   

great discussion though... 

Man, Hakuho has been a real piece of work over the years. 

It would be fun to see a playoff. The last time there was one was when Terunofuji started to break down. 

They seem a bit callous. I wonder whether they would have bothered to help Myogiryu if he hadn't been on prime-time television.

3 minutes ago, Naganoyama said:

They seem a bit callous. I wonder whether they would have bothered to help Myogiryu if he hadn't been on prime-time television.

Especially since Hakuho seemed quite proud of himself.

9 hours ago, Bumpkin said:

It's a joke about  seeming to care more about a channel being shut down than a rikishi getting knocked down.

I see your point.

Taka is filling in - I hope he won't get closed next, all juryo torikumi day 13, with dohyo-iri and makushita top 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXGhYkoAE2Q

The videos from Iikotoaruyo had been reposted in astonishing numbers from new channels - maybe those get closed down soon as well, but so far we see still many on the full-torikumi search: https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAISAhAB&q=全取組

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 4