Kintamayama

Achew! (Gezundheit) 2017 GTB invitation

56 total.  7/16 on M1w-M5e.  Lost 5 points on placement of Sato and Kaisei, the former one rank too high, the latter one rank too low, and lost 7 on Chiyoo's placement; all of those involved them treating guys with significantly different schedules a bit different that I would normally expect.  And of course the wrong last person, which I'm really surprised at.  Everything else right though:  56 + 9 + 5 + 5 + 7 + 2 = 56 + 14 + 14 = 84 = 42 * 2

Edited by Gurowake

24/24 to M1e, then 8/44 from M1w to M12e (and not even particularly close on most of the misses), then lucky enough to have 14/16 the rest of the way. 46 altogether, not a total disaster but....

Edited by Asashosakari

And we have a winner-another tie-breaker, this time the second tie-breaker that went to the last 10 rankings. Flohru wins the yusho for the second time, beating Okisuruga 16-15 on the last ten placements-Congrats!! 81 players, very excellent. 6 new players-even more excellent!!

Milestones:

Takanorappa-100th(!!!!) basho!!

Heriokuno-80th basho

Asashosakari-80th basho

Mariohana-60th basho

Akinomaki-50th basho

Miyabivince-50th basho

Kuroimori-40th basho

Okisuruga-30th basho

Andonishiki- 30th basho

Thank you all very much for participating in this venture. To see how you did, go here.

And now, on with the Ba-show!!

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2

Clearly the scoring is off though, you have me in the top 10.

59 points though, I can hardly believe it. Stuff of dreams. Here's to a good basho! 

62 points, 5th in the ranking. Good result, with Masters points and a 11th position in the GTB Banzuke, quite good after one year or playing.

About what we discussed : M1-M5 = 10/20. Not quite good, I loose the yusho here

Chiyoo bulls-eye, and Osunaarashi bulls-eye

I spent a whole day this time drafting new numbers tables based on historical basho and I ended up 7th! After being mired in the second half of the results for a whole year this is a good feeling.

14 hours ago, chishafuwaku said:

M11e Sato instead of M12e cost me 5 pts 

chishafuwaku

We got the same result, and I also had Sato in M11e, I wonder how close our entries were.

I apparently didn't transfer my actual submitted guess correctly over to my counting sheet (I often change things from my outline on just the entry form and don't change them on my records), and had one more point in the joi than I thought I did originally.

Well, I was dead last for my first try. Just miserable given the first 12 positions were a dead lock. The only good thing about this is there is no place to go but up. Congrats to Flohru!

Hopefully I can do better in the games during the Basho.

I spent ages looking at demotion patterns (not promotion ones, though) and did my best to fit within those guidelines and ended up with only 38 points, 6 points fewer than my first attempt when I just put names down how I felt like it.

Yeah, it's especially frustrating to me getting only 33 because outside of over promoting Okinoumi and Gagamaru by 2 spots every other pick I got wrong was off by 1 rank.

We start the new year with two changes to the top ten ranks. Asashosakari and Andonishiki are the departures, and they are replaced by two returnees. Chishafuwaku is back after a nine-basho gap, his sixth-place finish sees him take that same place in the green ranks for the second time. The second returnee is Yubinhaad after a 22-basho gap - I certainly didn't expect that since the result I was replacing was my yusho from a year ago. Very happy! (Applauding...)

Oshirokita has been in the top ten ranks for ten consecutive basho - it's the 15th time that a player has accomplished that, and the first time for Oshirokita.

Randomitsuki is the 11th player to spend 20 total basho in the top ten.

• Like 3

And the selection stats are up and running: http://sumodb.sumogames.de/gtb/GTBSelectionBasho.aspx?b=201701

Of course Shohozan was lucky, what did you all think? :-) Ikioi apparently was unlucky, only one player got him right. Also a bit unlucky probably were Takekaze, Ishiura and Takakeisho (formerly known as Sato).

• Like 5

I don't know. I had Shohozan at M1w so to me his M2 doesn't seem lucky. A KK at M5 means a lot more than a better record lower IMHO.  Which is why I missed Arawashi by 2 spots. I don't see how he ranks higher than Ikioi who I had at M3e.  Takekase and Sato were a bit unlucky. I had them 1 spot higher. Ishiura seems spot on to me. I had him at M9e.

Wow, Takakeisho (formerly known as Sato) at M12 instead of M11 with Nishikigi and Kagayaki ahead of him really messed up a lot of players. Me included.

51 people had Kagayaki at M11w.  I wonder what is the highest number of players picking the same thing is and being wrong is? That's 63% of the people thinking the same and being wrong right there.

Edited by Rocks

When I won the yusho in December 2002 I never thought it would take 14 years to repeat it - possibly I never even thought that I would still be around playing sumo games 14 years later... Thanks to Kintamayama and his helpers for maintaining GTB all the time! 

21 hours ago, Nantonoyama said:

About what we discussed : M1-M5 = 10/20. Not quite good, I loose the yusho here

Well I only got 8/20, so I dare say you lost the yusho elsewhere. ;-)

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Flohru said:

Well I only got 8/20, so I dare say you lost the yusho elsewhere. ;-)

Okay :-) so yeah, points lost somewhere else then...

Congrats for your yusho! (Yushowinner...) (and I hope I will not wait 14 years until my next one... 2030... (Blinking...))