Jejima

Unlock thread?

For over a decade I have been posting annual polls regarding predictions for each year in sumo.  I usually set them up in late November / December and then 'lock' them immediately before the first basho of the year starts.  (In order to stop votes from happening after the bashos have started.)

I then (briefly) 'unlock' the thread in order to comment on what actually happened during the year, and see who got closest in prediction.

However, I have just revisited the 9 'annual' polls that I set up a year ago, and the only moderation option that I have is 'delete' which I do not wish to do!

So, is it no longer possible to unlock 'locked' threads/polls?  Or has the way to unlock has changed?  Or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Jejima

It's even worse: locking the thread doesn't prevent people from voting anymore. You need to close the poll for that, which is another option that is mods-only.

Please give a list of topics you want to unlock and I'll do it.

Isn't there any option to let users lock/unlock their own polls in this new version?

1 hour ago, Jakusotsu said:

It's even worse: locking the thread doesn't prevent people from voting anymore. You need to close the poll for that, which is another option that is mods-only.

Please give a list of topics you want to unlock and I'll do it.

I'll contact you (Jakusotsu) via email regarding topics that I want unlocked - please lock all polls for them ;-)

But this new 'way' may actually be good (although I would still prefer to have the same control as the 'moderator'), as the thread can be left open (can it?  I am just presuming....), even with the polls closed.  

This means that I can ask Jakusotsu (for instance) to lock all of the polls that I set up for 2017 on the morning of the start of the January basho, whilst keeping the threads open.... :-)

Edited by Jejima

17 minutes ago, Jejima said:

This means that I can ask Jakusotsu (for instance) to lock all of the polls that I set up for 2017 on the morning of the start of the January basho, whilst keeping the threads open.... :-)

Sure. Would still be nice if the creators of polls had this power themselves...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benihana said:

Isn't there any option to let users lock/unlock their own polls in this new version?

No. Nor message threads either.

34 minutes ago, Fukurou said:

No. Nor message threads either.

*phew* That's weird. Whatever, we'll find a way to live with it :-)

Can the next moderator to come along please unlock this poll thread for me, but lock the actual poll part, if I'm understanding the new functions correctly. I want to post my end-of-year notes ahead of setting up the new poll for next year. Thanks!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yubinhaad said:

Can the next moderator to come along please unlock this poll thread for me, but lock the actual poll part, if I'm understanding the new functions correctly. I want to post my end-of-year notes ahead of setting up the new poll for next year. Thanks!

Done.

• Like 1

Has any change happened or work-around been devised to let users lock/unlock the message threads (or polls) they create as opposed to asking a mod to do it for them? IIRC this ability went away with an upgrade in 2016 and it's not returned. Just checking to see if there's something out there that hasn't been implemented here yet.

Edited by Fukurou

No changes that I know of. I asked Jakusotsu to help me.