Kintamayama

Quote of the day-Kyushu 2016

13 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Day 13:

Hakuhou, losing for the fourth time and no chance of a yusho: "My condition is not like always.. I've got to be careful not to get injured in the remaining two days.."

Well i guess we have to wait for hakuhos revenge zensho yusho till the january basho ;) 

Edited by SumpaX

Is that Hakuho hinting that he won't go all out against Harumafuji on Day 14?  If Hakuho plays it safe and Harumafuji wins their bout, that will make the final bout on the Senshuraku all the more suspenseful!!

14 hours ago, Amamaniac said:

Is that Hakuho hinting that he won't go all out against Harumafuji on Day 14?  If Hakuho plays it safe and Harumafuji wins their bout, that will make the final bout on the Senshuraku all the more suspenseful!!

Exactly what happened. You really nailed that one!!

• Like 4

Day 14:

Tamawashi, getting his 9th win and a certain Sekiwake rank next basho: "Last basho I was far away from the shikiri line. This time I'm much closer to the line. That's why  I've been able to push well.."

• Like 3

Final Day:

Terunofuji, on getting 8 wins and narrowly retaining his rank: "After I got the kachikoshi on day 12 I got a fever. Illness and injuries converged on me at once.. I feel I did well, considering.."

Takayasu, failing on his Ozeki attempt. "That's the way the cookie crumbles. This is my true ability. I can only regroup and try again. I shall gambarize again next basho!!"

Ichinojou, returning from an injury and going makekoshi: "I could not do my own kind of sumo for these last 15 days.."

Hokutofuji, 9 wins in his Makuuchi debut basho: "I think I did well. I understood that if I bring out the good sides in me, I can win. I was in prohibition, but I have now lifted the ban!!"  (Translation-he's off to drink again..)

Arawashi, getting 11 wins and will be ranked in high Makuuchi like Joey Jin next basho: "This basho my tachi-ai was good. I can't wait to face the Y/Os!!"

Kotoshougiku, getting only 5 wins in his hometown basho: "The results are all that count. In any case, I think that Kisenosato winning the most this calendar year is superb!!"

Takarafuji, losing to Kisenosato causing his sanyaku return chances to grow slim: "I was planning not to let him get a hold on me.. I will vindicate myself next basho!!" (Currently 1-14 against Kisenosato..)

Harumafuji. losing to Kakuryuu in the last bout of the year: "I'm happy that I managed to do sumo on the dohyo for 15 days. I will concentrate on my training and gambarize next year as well!!"

Kakuryuu, winning the yusho again after 7 bashos: "I managed to do sumo calmly without wavering.. I suffered from injuries, but I got over them and did it and that's good. I won't let myself forget this feeling and would like it to drive me the next basho and the basho after that.."

Goueidou, failing in his Yokozuna attempt: "There were a lot of expectations from me but I could not fulfill them and that is inexcusable.. The results are everything, as you know.. I felt no pressure. All I can do is to train my body again and get ready for the next basho.."

Hakuhou, beating Goueidou and getting his 11th win: "I can go on for another 15 days. My body is finally moving. When I achieved that 1000 win mark on day 3 it felt like the final day of the basho.. It was an year of endurance.."

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 15

5 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Final Day:

Terunofuji, on getting 8 wins and narrowly retaining his rank: "After I got the kachikoshi on day 12 I got a fever. Illness and injuries converged on me at once.. I feel I did well, considering.."

Translation: "I had a hangover after going on a food and drink binge with all the kensho I won making my KK in the last bout of the day against Hakuho"

Takayasu, failing on his Ozeki attempt. "That's the way the cookie crumbles. This is my true ability. I can only regroup and try again. I shall gambarize again next basho!!"

Translation "Damn that Aoiyama with all his slapping!"

Ichinojou, returning from an injury and going makekoshi: "I could not do my own kind of sumo for these last 15 days.."

Translation: "It feels really weird being so much lighter. Guys actually throw me. That's never happened."

Hokutofuji, 9 wins in his Makuuchi debut basho: "I think I did well. I understood that if I bring out the good sides in me, I can win. I was in prohibition, but I have now lifted the ban!!"  (Translation-he's off to drink again..)

Translation: "Yes I'm still a makuuchi.! Party time!"

Arawashi, getting 11 wins and will be ranked in high Makuuchi like Joey Jin next basho: "This basho my tachi-ai was good. I can't wait to face the Y/Os!!"

Translation: "I'll show that Tama who the best washi is!"

Kotoshougiku, getting only 5 wins in his hometown basho: "The results are all that count. In any case, I think that Kisenosato winning the most this calendar year is superb!!"

Translation: "Why doesn't anyone on sumo forum like Kise?"

Takarafuji, losing to Kisenosato causing his sanyaku return chances to grow slim: "I was planning not to let him get a hold on me.. I will vindicate myself next basho!!" (Currently 1-14 against Kisenosato..)

Translation: "That ring is small and Kisenosato is big!"

Harumafuji. losing to Kakuryuu in the last bout of the year: "I'm happy that I managed to do sumo on the dohyo for 15 days. I will concentrate on my training and gambarize next year as well!!"

Translation: "I was right there. How the heck to I lose to Kisenosato? i'm better than this"

Kakuryuu, winning the yusho again after 7 bashos: "I managed to do sumo calmly without wavering.. I suffered from injuries, but I got over them and did it and that's good. I won't let myself forget this feeling and would like it to drive me the next basho and the basho after that.."

Translation; "Intai my ass!" 

Goueidou, failing in his Yokozuna attempt: "There were a lot of expectations from me but I could not fulfill them and that is inexcusable.. The results are everything, as you know.. I felt no pressure. All I can do is to train my body again and get ready for the next basho.."

Translation: "You wus serious about that?"

Hakuhou, beating Goueidou and getting his 11th win: "I can go on for another 15 days. My body is finally moving. When I achieved that 1000 win mark on day 3 it felt like the final day of the basho.. It was an year of endurance.."

Translation: " Wait, what? It's over? Where am I? Find Ishiura." 

• Like 6

My translation:

Terunofuji, on getting 8 wins and narrowly retaining his rank: "After I got the kachikoshi on day 12 I got a fever. Illness and injuries converged on me at once.. I feel I did well, considering.." - Oh, boy, do I feel lucky to be an Ozeki!

Takayasu, failing on his Ozeki attempt. "That's the way the cookie crumbles. This is my true ability. I can only regroup and try again. I shall gambarize again next basho!!" - @#$%$, I blew my chance.

Ichinojou, returning from an injury and going makekoshi: "I could not do my own kind of sumo for these last 15 days.."   - ... and in the last 7 basho.

Hokutofuji, 9 wins in his Makuuchi debut basho: "I think I did well. I understood that if I bring out the good sides in me, I can win. I was in prohibition, but I have now lifted the ban!!"  (Translation-he's off to drink again..) - I did very well against the big boys.  Count me in.

Arawashi, getting 11 wins and will be ranked in high Makuuchi like Joey Jin next basho: "This basho my tachi-ai was good. I can't wait to face the Y/Os!!" _ - !#@$@#, I am going to get crushed in Jan.

Kotoshougiku, getting only 5 wins in his hometown basho: "The results are all that count. In any case, I think that Kisenosato winning the most this calendar year is superb!!" - I learned how to pivot.

Takarafuji, losing to Kisenosato causing his sanyaku return chances to grow slim: "I was planning not to let him get a hold on me.. I will vindicate myself next basho!!" (Currently 1-14 against Kisenosato..) - I hate Kisenosato's a$$.  I will play the spoiler in that Jan basho so that Kise can't get the yusho.

Harumafuji. losing to Kakuryuu in the last bout of the year: "I'm happy that I managed to do sumo on the dohyo for 15 days. I will concentrate on my training and gambarize next year as well!!" - I am, too, suffering from injury.  That's my excuse.

Kakuryuu, winning the yusho again after 7 bashos: "I managed to do sumo calmly without wavering.. I suffered from injuries, but I got over them and did it and that's good. I won't let myself forget this feeling and would like it to drive me the next basho and the basho after that.." - I won!  I won!  I won!   

Goueidou, failing in his Yokozuna attempt: "There were a lot of expectations from me but I could not fulfill them and that is inexcusable.. The results are everything, as you know.. I felt no pressure. All I can do is to train my body again and get ready for the next basho.."  - I did my best, damn it.

Hakuhou, beating Goueidou and getting his 11th win: "I can go on for another 15 days. My body is finally moving. When I achieved that 1000 win mark on day 3 it felt like the final day of the basho.. It was an year of endurance.." - I still won twice, didn't I?   I will be back to break the most wins record.  

Edited by robnplunder
  • Like 4