Kintamayama

GTB- Q-Shoe 2016 invitation- and results!!

Drrring drrring..drrrring.. drrrring Drrring drrring..drrrring.. drrrring Drrring drrring..drrrring.. drrrring..

Harumafuji: "Pick up the phone already.. This kyujo has made him rusty.."

Hakuhou: "OK, OK, hold your horses ..What's the panic?? Everything is cool.."

Haru: "Gees, this new 'chill' Hakuhou is annoying. What took you so long to answer the friggin' phone??"

Haku: "I did it on purpose so you'd think I have  a gigantic mansion and it takes a long time for me to reach my phone.."

Haru: "I've been to your house many times and I know it isn't.  And you're the only person on earth i know who still uses a land line.."

Haku: "What's a land line?"

Haru: "Forget it.. Are you coming along nicely?"

Haku: "Coming along nicely? What am I, a pregnant woman?"

"Haru: "Oh come on, you know what I mean.."

Haku: "OK, the toe is fine, the knee is better, I'll be at the jungyo. OK?"

Haru: "You bet. We are losing control. Two Japanese yusho this year and still one basho left!"

Haku: "You take this stuff too seriously, man.."

Haru: " Hakuhou? Are you sure that's you? What pills have they been giving you?"

Haku: "Blue ones. Is that good? When  does the basho start?"

Haru: "Are you kidding me? Get off those pills at once. It's over. Goueidou won. Zensho!"

Haku:" Oh my, are you taking the blue pills too?"

Haru: "No. It's true. Goueidou.."

Haku: "Goueidou? Our Goueidou? Roly poly kadoban guacamole pasty skinned oops I lost to a blind Maegashira 5 rikishi again Goueidou? Are you sure it wasn't Goeido?"

Haru: "No, Goueidou."

Haku: "Wow, that was a bucket of cold water straight to the face. Do you think if I enter now I can still stop him?"

Haru: "Hakuhou, it's over. The basho is over. Done. Finished."

Haku: "Hold it. .So now - and I'm being very careful here- so now he's on a tsuna run? Goueidou?? HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I'm dying here.."

Haru: "I don't find that funny at all. It's scary. He was scary this basho.He was like a man possessed.  If you really want something funny, how about the fact that Kise is the only one of us without a yusho?? Now THAT's funny.."

Haku: "Wow, so much to take in.. I should get my TV fixed.."

Haru: "And get off them pills. Any pain you have to endure is better than what you've become."

Haku: "OK, as soon as I finish my cornflakes with the surprise inside I'll throw away all my pills. But before that, I have to remind you about

Guess the Banzuke, of course!!"

Rules: Guess the Banzuke. Simple. You get two points for a bulls-eye and one point for just getting the rank right. You get no points for thinking Endou has finally made it.

Tiebreakers - Most total guesses, then, we check the banzuke backwards - getting the lower half right will be more important now. The most correct guesses in the last ten places will win the tiebreaker. If still tied , we go up a ranking at a time like a penalty shootout. Then we count the points and go to our daughter's wedding.
It's up to you to check if you are on the list of entries. It's going to be your fault if you don't notice that your entry went missing in the Internet void. No late entries will be expected or accepted .

For rules, standings and getting married without permission:
http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

For the nifty entry form:
http://sumodb.sumoga...b/GTBEntry.aspx

For the "new" archives:
http://sumodb.sumoga...gtbarchive.aspx

Free online live sumo!!
http://inyourdreams-suckers.tv

Deadline- Monday October 24th, 2016 at 18:00 GMT ("Goeidou Meets Tsuna") - PLEASE NOTE-THIS IS ONE WEEK BEFORE THE OFFICIAL BANZUKE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Special thanks to Andoreasu who runs it, Doitsuyama who automates and maintains it and to Goueidou for strengthening my belief that in life, anything can happen. And I mean ANYTHING.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 15

It's a nightmare this time....

You can ask your favorite chimpanzee to pick a random number between 2 and 7 - if you're lucky, this might just be the number of Makuuchi-Juryo exchanges.

Edit: alright, I'm exaggerating. make it 2-5.

Edited by Senkoho

2-7?

2-5?

My first GTB draft has 8 exchanges! (Eh?)

Edited by Feginowaka
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 08:47, Kintamayama said:

"Goueidou? Our Goueidou? Roly poly kadoban guacamole pasty skinned oops I lost to a blind Maegashira 5 rikishi again Goueidou?

I laughed out loud here...

On 9/26/2016 at 08:47, Kintamayama said:

Are you sure it wasn't Goeido?"

And nearly fell off my chair laughing harder than the toothless Spaniard here.

Remember boys and girls, kana romanisation method best romanisation method.

I just entered my first GTB.  I was logically illogical and rationally irrational.  Endo gave me problems.  I finally promoted him "by the numbers" to M3e.  BTW, the entry form was simple and easy.  I wish I had entered two and a half years ago.

Edited by Bumpkin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bumpkin said:

I just entered my first GTB.  I was logically illogical and rationally irrational.  Endo gave me problems.  I finally promoted him "by the numbers" to M3e.  BTW, the entry form was simple and easy.  I wish I had entered two and a half years ago.

I have always said that it's easier than it sounds to enter. Thanks to Doitsuyama of course..

I've Endou at M2w. He was M2w on the first go as well, but in that draft I didn't put Yoshikaze anywhere... As in, I completely disregarded that he existed.

Upon further review, I realize that I seriously under demoted Chiyoootori and Ichinojo.  One or both could end up in Juryo.  I have them at M12.  Oh well, too late now.

9 hours ago, McBugger said:

I've Endou at M2w. He was M2w on the first go as well, but in that draft I didn't put Yoshikaze anywhere... As in, I completely disregarded that he existed.

I put him in twice - that probably explains it.

4 hours ago, Bumpkin said:

Upon further review, I realize that I seriously under demoted Chiyoootori and Ichinojo.  One or both could end up in Juryo.  I have them at M12.  Oh well, too late now.

You have two days. Your last entry will count.

1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

You have two days. Your last entry will count.

Cool.  I just submitted a new entry.  Bye-bye Ichinojo.  Hello Chiyooooboy.  Kokonoe Oyakata will be very happy.

Edited by Bumpkin

Hey, I put some Q-Shoes on, and suddenly everything is right...

(I wish. I fully expect to score zero points below M11.)

• Like 2

And once again, just hours aways from the deadline, I find myself having second, third and even fourth guesses on my GTB Q-Shoe N-try, especially the promotion-demotion-commotion situation is a real mess this time. I am sticking with 3 Juryo promotees - for now...

Gawd!

Tremendous

Braincramps!

The funny thing is, I spent nearly as much time trying to figure out if I should put Nishikigi in front of Takanoiwa or the other way around, as I did on the entire who-goes-up-from-juryo mess...

15 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

The funny thing is, I spent nearly as much time trying to figure out if I should put Nishikigi in front of Takanoiwa or the other way around, as I did on the entire who-goes-up-from-juryo mess...

I have Nishikigi a half rank behind Takanoiwa, the 8-7 & 9-6 guys from M6-M9 are having a tough time - in my banzuke draft, that is.

I didn't particularly wreck my brain to find Takanoiwa's position, as he found himself in a nice trio of 5-10 on the Upper East (Side) Maegashira ranks, so they all got demoted equally.

I agree that the real fun/mess starts at M11, as you already mentioned.

77 entries!

Nice, but can we get 23 more?

Lurkers, anyone? It's fun!

24 minutes ago, Reijinguoshan said:

So am I the only one who kept Amakaze?(at M16 ofcourse).

make that too - at least! (in reference to the "Musings about language" thread)

I might have kept Ama too. The inspiration of last Basho's promotion from J13 however made this so much more difficult to decipher, not to mention the over-demotions. What pain!

1 hour ago, Reijinguoshan said:

So am I the only one who kept Amakaze?(at M16 ofcourse).

I kept Amakaze as well... but I have to admit that some (maybe most...) of my decisions are only based on personal sympathy :-D