Atenzan

Basho Talk - Aki Basho 2016 +++ Spoiler Alert! +++

Ura needs to pick up a couple of wins or he could fall so far down Juryo it will take 2 basho to get promoted.

2 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

I rest my case.

Good call.   I humbly bow to your case.  :-)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rocks said:

Ura needs to pick up a couple of wins or he could fall so far down Juryo it will take 2 basho to get promoted.

why would you want ura to get promoted?

this basho was the first time i watched some bouts of his after i thought he might be something special when he was hyped here big

but this kid is just awful to watch......he simply has no attacking tachiai....just expanding the arms is not enough......

• Like 1

I'm not saying I do. I don't think he has the chops for makuuchi either. he's too small.  And if he gets to the weight he needs to be he'll be too slow.

36 minutes ago, Gernobono said:

why would you want ura to get promoted?

this basho was the first time i watched some bouts of his after i thought he might be something special when he was hyped here big

but this kid is just awful to watch......he simply has no attacking tachiai....just expanding the arms is not enough......

He was hyped up for sure.   But, in the last basho, he looked pretty good on his way to 11 wins.   He had some solid wins against top juryo rikishi (J1 & two J3s).   He wasn't looking so bad.  I think he ran into a bit of wall that is expected of young rikishi coming up the rank fast.   Let's watch him for a few more basho and we will know if he is going to be perennial juryo rikishi, going up and down between the top two divisions, or make makuuchi his home base.   After all, he has kachikochi for 8 straight times and was due for a kachikochi.

Edited by robnplunder

Hahaha, the non-bow of Takekaze after his failed-henka loss was priceless! (Laughing...)

Its SHOw-DAIme!

what a powerful throw by Shodai after receiving a hard slap seconds before.

• Like 1

Just now, kuroimori said:

Its SHOw-DAIme!

what a powerful throw by Shodai after receiving a hard slap seconds before.

Unexpected twist of fate ... I thought Shodai was going to lose before that moment.   Very good show.

Okinoumi's ran out of gas, luck, whatever.   It's like looking at a totally different rikishi after the 6th day.

By the book, who is slated to be Goeido's final opponent, other than Kakuryu today and then Harumafuji and Kotoshogiku? Is it Kaisei or someone lower ranker with good results, like Endo or Mitakeumi?

4 minutes ago, ronnie said:

Terunofuji should just take the weekend off now.

Agreed.   He can't be healthy with that performance.  Teru "gave" Aoiyama his 1st ever win against him.

Kaisei put up a real good fight against Kisenosato.   

Just now, MrGrumpyGills said:

Ok, the aliens returned Okinoumi a few days ago. When will Goeido come back? XD

It seems like he lost his usually way. Maybe something new on the chanko...

Goeido is jensho at 12-0.  Kakuryu didn't look sharp at all.  Let the conspiracy theory start.   :-P

Whatever it is, he is the man racing towards the yusho on turbo drive. Harumafuji seems to be the only one who can stop him.