Asojima

Sumo Streaming - Aki 16

I went straight to UBS 1 today.

Hopefully Vaughn will sort out whatever is going wrong since an alternative is essential.

Vaughn/sherming works fine for me after switching from Firefox to Chrome - but I keep the UBS stream open as backup...

I had problems with Vaughn the last two nights.  I switched to the new UBS link and problem solved.

Interim between Day 8 and Day 9.  When trying to start Vaughn NHK or Sherming22, I am getting an error message that vp9.dll is not working.  I don't get this on other Vaughn channels, but chat will not load on any of my channels.  Anyone else getting this?

Update:  Chat has returned on the other channels, but the vp9 error persists on NHK and 22. Also on TBS/6666.

Edited by Asojima

The vp9.dll error message appearing on NHK and TBS is not interactive.  I suspect it is appearing on Vaughn's input and is being passed along to us as part of the video display. NHK and TBS may be tightening security to prevent rebroadcast of their signals.

Edit:  Just noticed that the NHK video is locked up on an image with "Latest Technology" splashed along the bottom!  (Laughing...)(Laughing...)

Edited by Asojima

Hi Bumpkin. There's a non-interactive message window stuck there on the screen. Everybody's got it.

4 minutes ago, egparis18 said:

Hi Bumpkin. There's a non-interactive message window stuck there on the screen. Everybody's got it.

Does that mean there will not be sumo on Vaughn/ Sherming tonight?

20 minutes ago, Bumpkin said:

What's up with Vaughn NHK/ Sherming 22?

Vaughn has lost its connection to NHK and another Japanese station (TBS).  The error message you are seeing on the screen is one that Vaughn is getting on its end.  It is being retransmitted to us from Vaughn. It has been there for over 12 hours.  The Vaughn people may be home for the weekend.

Edited by Asojima

1 minute ago, Bumpkin said:

Does that mean there will not be sumo on Vaughn/ Sherming tonight?

We'll just have to wait and hope by the look of things. Can you see the chat column with Asojima's comments? 

4 minutes ago, egparis18 said:

We'll just have to wait and hope by the look of things. Can you see the chat column with Asojima's comments? 

Yes but I don't understand what it means.

Just now, Bumpkin said:

Yes but I don't understand what it means.

Don't worry. I can't find the message he's referring to either. At least we've got chat.

The vp9.dll is video compression software. It must have crashed on the machine they are using to receive the nhk video stream from wherever they are getting it.  Until somebody there actually sees the message they won't have any clue it's happened.

Q

Edited by Rocks

q

Edited by Rocks

13 minutes ago, egparis18 said:

Don't worry. I can't find the message he's referring to either. At least we've got chat.

No I don't.  I try to sign up, I can't . I try to sign in, I can't.  Screw Vaughn.  At least we've got UBS at the top of the hour.

1 minute ago, Bumpkin said:

No I don't.  I try to sign up, I can't . I try to sign in, I can't.  Screw Vaughn.  At least we've got UBS at the top of the hour.

I can only see what looks like Asojima talking to himself. UBS it shall be. Sometimes their chat function works. If it says 'Online' in the orange box at bottom right it's working, but they seem to be tinkering with it a bit or beta-testing or something. Sometimes it reads'Offline'.

You have to have an account to see UBS right?

9 minutes ago, Rocks said:

You have to have an account to see UBS right?

Yes. It doesn't take long to create one. Click on the longer word in cyrillic script at top right, or use Google to translate. The shorter word is for signing in.

http://tv.onair.mn/watch/ubs If it doesn't take you staright to UBS, click on their logo.

Edited by egparis18

Sumo starting on UBS right now. I've sent out a message on their chat.

Edited by egparis18

I want a Kisenosato snow globe!!!!

the woman showing them off is pretty hot too.

Edited by Rocks
  • Like 1