Exil

Forum Update Feedback (v4)

I don't want notified when someone likes my posts.

After a while I've now come across some more posts of mine that were corrupted in the forum database conversion last year, and for a different reason (apparently) than the non-breaking whitespace issue that killed a whole bunch of my old comments. In this thread, several formerly embedded Youtube videos have mysteriously gone missing. The videos themselves still exist in my Youtube account, so video deletion is not the cause.

It's quite annoying that I now have to sign in to the forum again every time I watch it on a different PC - so far I was remembered from everywhere.

1 hour ago, Akinomaki said:

It's quite annoying that I now have to sign in to the forum again every time I watch it on a different PC - so far I was remembered from everywhere.

I do it all the time without any problems. Might be a browser issue (FF here).

It may be a cookie problem on one of the systems. 

4 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

I login using Firefox on my laptop and Silk on my Kindle tablet. The login window has a "Remember Me" (or whatever it's called) checkbox. Logging in or out on one doesn't impact the other because it's 2 different sets of cookies.

Might be because I now use Firefox Developer Edition to view the forum - or having created a sync account resets all cookies to logged off state? I have no problems though on the same machine to view also after restart, only on another PC.

In the past, if you logged on a system with a different ISP, you lost your logon on the previously used system.  I don't know if this still happens.

Edit:  On my systems, I do pretty aggressive cookie management.  If I do a major cleanup, I usually lose my forum autologon on I.E., but the Firefox and Chrome logons remain unchanged.

Edited by Asojima

21 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

Might be because I now use Firefox Developer Edition to view the forum - or having created a sync account resets all cookies to logged off state? I have no problems though on the same machine to view also after restart, only on another PC.

I sometimes login using my mother's PC, using both Firefox and IE. Still no problems among my various machines. If you have your accounts on the different PCs synched I think you may be on to something there. I'm absolutely no expert, but maybe the PCs are in different states (logged on, others logged off) and the synch is confused and is defaulting to logged off? Or maybe you have made a setting somewhere to auto-logout when you leave the forum?

Edited by Fukurou

Definitely something on my new win10 (alas) notebook signs me off when I shut it down - but for another machine, not for itself (at least not on the same day) - else I wouldn't be signed off on my old notebook now, though I didn't change anything here and it isn't connected to the sync either.

Edited by Akinomaki

Now I even get signed off during a session with the browser - and the forum is very slow to load lately and has "server down", "no longer available" and other messages all the time

I am now losing my autologon on all of my browsers.  I have to sign in every time that I restart the browsers.

Edited by Asojima