Naganoyama

Kyokai site

Reminds me of the "300 Feet Ahead - Road Brocked"  road signs on the Air Base in Japan I grew up on.  

Bizarrely, what was until yesterday a link to the now-defunct Kasugayama beya is now a handy one page summary of all the oyakata with their ranks in the Kyokai (plus the gyoji and yobidashi), which I've not seen before on the English site. Not sure how long it will stay there for but it's very useful.... (the separate oyakata list doesn't bother to list the ranks after "special executive.")

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryafuji said:

Bizarrely, what was until yesterday a link to the now-defunct Kasugayama beya is now a handy one page summary of all the oyakata with their ranks in the Kyokai (plus the gyoji and yobidashi), which I've not seen before on the English site. Not sure how long it will stay there for but it's very useful.... (the separate oyakata list doesn't bother to list the ranks after "special executive.")

Gyoji and Yobidashi are also listed. Good stuff !

3 hours ago, ryafuji said:

That happens with all invalid ID numbers. The server-side script that produces those heya pages is probably some sort of database query based on the heya name and doesn't know what to do when there's no argument to filter on, so it just spits out all the available data. What's a bit weird is that the most recent changes (Chiyotaikai among shisho, Tamaasuka and Tokitenku among regular oyakata) are listed well out of place.

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Like 1

Looks like the front page has received another redesign recently, mainly towards ugly oversized "mobile friendly" page objects that are all the rage these days. The changes have yet to spread to any other pages (including the English main page), which is a bit weird.

Edited by Asashosakari