Senkoho

Nishikido situation; split from kyujo thread

Well... Errr....

For me not being native English it's actually easier to understand what a futon is than... What the damn F*** is a 'snark'?! :D

Well... Errr....

For me not being native English it's actually easier to understand what a futon is than... What the damn F*** is a 'snark'?! :D

It's a huge, dangerous animal that swims in the ocean very, very slowly. Edited by Senkoho
  • Like 2

Well... Errr....

A "snark" is a unique sound certain members of the carnivorous, cartilaginous fish makes when its air passage gets partially obstructed during sleeping. Most commonly after pulling an exhaustive all-nighter chasing sea lions.

I've been rooting for Homarenishiki since the day I heard a Canadian would be entering Sumo, and I hope he's doing okay. Not just Homarenishiki but all the members of Nishikido. Watching drama like this can definitely be part of the fun of Sumo, but I sincerely do hope it's nothing dire and than everyone is unharmed.

Would Brodi drop out of Sandanme to Jonidan should he kyujo the whole basho?

Would Brodi drop out of Sandanme to Jonidan should he kyujo the whole basho?

Where he is at in the division, the answer would be yes.

That was a bit of uncharacteristic snark from Orion

LOL.

Doreen's a lovely woman but tactful is not a word you'd associate with her.

We get along well in real life but even that doesn't spare me from her "snark" online. What did she call my Akebono interview just a few days ago? A "dog's breakfast" LOL.

Orion's Doreen! Now I will have completely different mindset when reading any posts made by Orion here...

Why? Here it matters what you say, not what you look like or how old you are.

The internet allows people to connect in meaningful conversation that would not give each other the time of day if they met in real life.

Why? Here it matters what you say, not what you look like or how old you are.

The internet allows people to connect in meaningful conversation that would not give each other the time of day if they met in real life.

the charity of the machine. Yup. I think though, what he meant was now he knows what degree of expertise he's dealing with.

• Like 1

the charity of the machine. Yup. I think though, what he meant was now he knows what degree of expertise he's dealing with.

Yes, and I can relate more now to her posts because I have some kind of background from the articles I've read about her.

The only other member here that I know by face is Nishinoshima from his "dog's breakfast" interview, which I enjoyed watching I might add.

The only other member here that I know by face is Nishinoshima from his "dog's breakfast" interview, which I enjoyed watching I might add.

So you don't consider Kintamayama's mug a face? B-)

So you don't consider Kintamayama's mug a face? B-)

Lol - cornered!

LOL.

We get along well in real life but even that doesn't spare me from her "snark" online. What did she call my Akebono interview just a few days ago? A "dog's breakfast" LOL.

Yeah, maybe I erred on the side of not-wanting-to-piss-her-off-further...

LOL.

I don't have time to look back, but AFAIR I said '_technically _ a bit of a dog's breakfast' -- but was full of praise for the interview itself. I also mentioned your habit of saying 'you know' a lot -- just check back and count them.

Now, between showers I went to the Kokugikan at nine on spec and got a tojitsuken, so I am just getting my notebooks, camera etc ready for an unexpected few hours of sumo watching -- can't get upstairs to the topmost (unreserved) row, but hope to occupy a chair in a wheelchair space on the ground floor till a real wheelchair case arrives.

Orion

Seems non-English speakers know the word Futon better than the natives........

Or is it a class thing(Upper-Lower)because I am a proud lower class native and its just a seat to me..........

I think you would have no problem recognising me from my picture.Its a very good likeness

Even if its hard to believe anyone could be that ugly..................Sorry to say I really am...

So, getting back to the thread, was it a case of Hazing, 5 against 1 and 1 ( Brodi) hit back? Maybe due to the recent romantic happenings at the " Behya/Heya" the Oyakata's mind has been elsewhere? Its most fustrating when a bone is thrown out and then quickly pulled back in.Why give the dog a bone , if you don't want him to keep it?

Or is it a class thing(Upper-Lower)because I am a proud lower class native and its just a seat to me..........

It's an american thing.

So, getting back to the thread, was it a case of Hazing, 5 against 1 and 1 ( Brodi) hit back? Maybe due to the recent romantic happenings at the " Behya/Heya" the Oyakata's mind has been elsewhere? Its most fustrating when a bone is thrown out and then quickly pulled back in.Why give the dog a bone , if you don't want him to keep it?

Totally agree. If you are trying to provide info fair enough but if it is 'I know stuff but can't tell you', you may want to reassess how you handle situations like this.

Oh, this..attachicon.gifmug.jpg

Ah :-D very sorry Moti of course I've seen your face. It's just you have that dog picture in your avatar....

I think you would have no problem recognising me from my picture.Its a very good likeness

Even if its hard to believe anyone could be that ugly..................Sorry to say I really am...

Futon is everywhere even in Indonesia. It's like a "chic" version of mattress. Most of my 'cool' friends with thick, black-rimmed Korean-style glasses, Zayn-Malik-like facial hair and Olivier Giroud's hairstyle sleep on "futons".

Now I know Fuji-san's face too!

Back to Brodi. More things seems to have come to light but I will still wait for an official "dog's breakfast" report on this.

Edited by d_golem

Totally agree. If you are trying to provide info fair enough but if it is 'I know stuff but can't tell you', you may want to reassess how you handle situations like this.

I see nothing wrong if someone wants to provide information stating that he has knowledge of an event that has occurred. But if the public hears of such an event, it also will demand to have some sort of proof that it has. I also believe that even if the informant has details of that event, he should not be held accountable for refusing to provide them if he feels it's the duty of others to do so.

The public has a strong appetite for learning the lurid details of a possible scandal. When those details are withheld or it turns out that there is no scandal at all, we somehow feel cheated. If this situation is important enough, the details will come out sooner or later. If it isn't, we'll all have to stay "cheated".

I believe this situation was handled as well as possible and there is no reason to reassess the way it was.

I see nothing wrong if someone wants to provide information stating that he has knowledge of an event that has occurred. But if the public hears of such an event, it also will demand to have some sort of proof that it has. I also believe that even if the informant has details of that event, he should not be held accountable for refusing to provide them if he feels it's the duty of others to do so.

The public has a strong appetite for learning the lurid details of a possible scandal. When those details are withheld or it turns out that there is no scandal at all, we somehow feel cheated. If this situation is important enough, the details will come out sooner or later. If it isn't, we'll all have to stay "cheated".

I believe this situation was handled as well as possible and there is no reason to reassess the way it was.

The point is it is a public forum. What is the benefit of making mention of the fact that you know something but can't say. Just keep it to yourself.

• Like 1

If you can't or won't talk about it, handling it is well as possible involves not saying anything in the first place, and only talking about it if and when you can say something. Otherwise you run the risk of coming off as a jerk playing 'I know something you don't know' games.

• Like 1

Searching the Japanese internet for rumors about this stuff is fascinating. Nishikido is the name of a handsome boy-band idol, Nishikido Ryo, and "heya" of course can also mean bedroom, so one finds oneself looking for gossip about illicit goings-on in Nishikido Ryo's bedroom... No indication that he has had any Canadian visitors, as far as I can see, although that might indeed be grounds for disciplinary measures, and I suppose it ties us back into the futon discussion from earlier. (Sigh...)

By which I mean, yeah, speculation is a bit meaningless at this stage.

• Like 7

I don't think that the comments were referring to you all, Nishinoshima. It was for a post made after yours which I can't pinpoint cos' I'm writing this on a tiny 4 inch iphone screen.