Kintamayama

Natsu 2016 Videos- Days 1-15

Day 4- the usual missing stuff-hopefully later to be added.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 14

which video source are you using, kinta?

Well, better late than never. 4:30 AM. Got back two hours ago from a gig in Jerusalem where we tore the place down. Independence day and stuff. One hour drive, Adrenalin pumping from the show. What to do? Sleep? Nah. Why not do Day 4 from scratch with all the bouts this time and with the best quality I have ever uploaded?

Why not indeed. Day 5 will be pretty late-not this late but late tomorrow - mangal (barbecue for non-speakers..). A lot of hummus and eggplant with tahina and kebab and chicken wings and steaks that cannot be found elsewhere.. Salads for non- carnivores.

You are all cordially invited.

Day 4:

• Like 16

Thank you Kintamayama!

Definitely good quality source video. With all the slipping and sliding going on, I think they need to dry out the Dohyō a lot more and maybe apply some course sandpaper to it to rough up the surface a bit. Someone is going to get hurt bad if they do not fix it, and that would be a shame.

Ura has finally hit the competition and is 2-2. He seems to be enjoying himself though, finally opposition. Also his victory was a thing of beauty. I expect Ura to go either 8-7 or 7-8. People usually struggle in Juryo because of the pace of the important matches.

Sato is not the usual kind and keeps recking Juryo. He has a chance to win the whole thing.

Also a big hand to Kintamayama for his continued efforts for coverage.

BBQ sounds good. Excellent work as always.

Not sure how you use sandpaper on packed clay to rough it up.

Sandpaper can be used to blemish a surface almost as easily as it can be used to smooth one out. Especially a very coarse grade. I use it occasionally in my hobbies on smooth metal before applying primer. The same method can be applied to Porcelain and Clayware. A dry Dohyō should be the same basic principle.

So from what I'm gathering - NSK did a free feed that Kinta was ripping from and they cut it out?

Are they still doing the paid official sumo stream where everything is aired that was expensive?

Edited by rzombie1988

Sato is making some waves. He refuses to win via a Yorikiri though.

But Ura doesn't. Ura's last two bouts make it seem like he was beaten with some flukes earlier, although Sato is lit.

Thanks to every able body who can grace us with some footage.

Added some video links to the database: Day 4 & Day 5 (Juryo)

@hamcornheinz: I think these are bouts from Day 1. Thank you for posting anyway.

• Like 7

Day 5 will be pretty late-not this late but late tomorrow - mangal (barbecue for non-speakers..). A lot of hummus and eggplant with tahina and kebab and chicken wings and steaks that cannot be found elsewhere.. Salads for non- carnivores.

You are all cordially invited.

Woah! What a gourmet feast! Very tempting indeed! Do you plan to turn your guests into heavy rikishi ;-) ;-) ?

This is good. NHK Makuuchi coverage, 1 bout per video, plus some additional stuff. The bouts are mostly in order and the resolution is mainly quite good.

The titles are all in kanji, though, and the commentary is in Japanese, but as long as you can recognise the rikishi and figure out what "[kimarite] [shikona] no kachi desu" means, you're sorted.

Drat! Missed out on the BBQ. Worse, I missed out on what would have been even more fun... hearing you tear Jerusalem down.

Someday I'll just have to fly down to hear the band. Ayone want to come along with me?