Sign in to follow this  
Misahiro

Greetings from Brazil!

Hello!

I'm a Brazilian woman (age 33), Japanese descendant (3rd generation), born and raised in the Center-Western region of the country. My first contact with Ozumo was in 1998, I just enjoyed watching the torikumi when our first cable TV plan had NHK and I used to watch the bouts of the day. When I first followed, I knew some terms like "Yokozuna", "Ozeki", "Makuuchi", "Juryo", that I learned from the Portuguese language version of the book "A Look Into Japan". But some years later NHK was cancelled and I started to enjoy Ozumo again in 2013, following closer now (with a new cable plan that includes NHK, again, and also from the marvelous Kintamayama's channel, and more recently, John Gunning's).

My nickname is a portmanteau of parts of my grandmothers' names (Misao and Hiroko), who helped me greatly in improving my Japanese skills and my interests on Japanese culture, which I enjoy a lot.

I'm looking forward to learn more in this forum, which has been very helpful in learning a lot about Sumo (classic history of "then lurker, now member..." *blushing*).

Thank you all in advance m(_ _)m, sorry for my English!

Cheers!

• Like 7

ようこそ

Bem-vindo!

Welcome!

and thanks for your interesting self-introduction!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

Nothing wrong with lurking before registering... everybody does that.

Always nice to see that sumo is appreciated in places far and wide. And Brazil has its own Kaisei, of course!

• Like 1

Greetings from Paris Misahiro. I lurked too. And skulked and sneaked and slunk. Welcome.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

My nickname is a portmanteau of parts of my grandmothers' names (Misao and Hiroko), who helped me greatly in improving my Japanese skills and my interests on Japanese culture, which I enjoy a lot.

I like that. Sounds very sweet.

Now bettega has a fellow countrywoman to discuss Kaisei... ;-)

Edited by torquato
  • Like 1

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

@Swami: Thank you very much!

@Kuroimori: It's such a honor to receive such a welcoming message as yours!

@orandashoho: Thank you very much! Yes, indeed it is great to meet fans from everywhere. In fact, I live in a city that is far from almost everything and the second hottest in the country (up to 47 degrees and nearly half of the year without a single drop of rain...)

@egparis18: Thank you very much! It's great to meet fans from all around the world!

@wuli: Thank you so much!

@hamcornheinz: Thank you very much, I used to attend language schools, now I'm brushing up my skills "informally" (internet, forums and social media). There's much room for improvement still indeed (Blushing...)

@torquato: Thank you so much! There are a few Brazilian fans and I also support Kaisei! :-D

Edited by Misahiro
  • Like 2

I'm fairly new myself, but welcome!! :-)

Thank you so much! (still learning how to quote here (Blushing...) ... lol)

• Like 1

Olá, seja bem vinda. Espero que você goste do fórum :)

Muito obrigada! :-D Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Your Portuguese is impressive! (Clapping wildly...)

• Like 1

Welcome to the board Misahiro.....

Chuck in your salt and join the fray....

"Dont worry about your English,where I live very few people speak good English."

Where do I live? Cleethorpes on he east coast of England.

• Like 1

Welcome to the board Misahiro.....

Chuck in your salt and join the fray....

"Dont worry about your English,where I live very few people speak good English."

Where do I live? Cleethorpes on he east coast of England.

Thank you so much, Fujisan! :-D Interesting to learn where you are from!

Regarding places of origin... Well, some posts back I might have sounded a bit negative about where I live (Blushing...) , so now I'll introduce some places nearby that hopefully you'll enjoy :-D I live in a state which boasts three ecosystems within its territory (Amazon Forest, Pantanal and Cerrado) - the only one in Brazil. Also, in the city where I live, the statue which marks the Geodesic Center of South America. Also, it is a leading producer of cattle, soybeans, cotton and sweetcorn.

26630169990_3e4111834f_b.jpgMatoGrosso by tmueta

From top left, clockwise:

01. Geodesic Center of South America Mark, Cuiabá (credit: Sangre Latino Americano)

02. Chapada dos Guimarães National Park (60km from Cuiabá - credit: UTFPR)

03. Aquário Encantado ("Enchanted Aquarium"), Nobres municipality (122km from Cuiabá - credit: Renata Menezes Severiano/Wikimedia)

04. Birds in Pantanal (credit: Pantanal Monumental)

Have a nice week! :-D

Edited by Misahiro
  • Like 3

Beautiful Masihiro!

If you talk negative about your home country.you cant have been to my home,everywhere seems a paradise in comparison.....

That said I would never live anywhere else Cleethorpes/Grmisby(Neighbouring towns I have lived in one or the other for 49 years) may not be a paradise but it is Home.....I dont like to stray far from home....

• Like 1