Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

Naruto-beya preparations

2 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

No. You need at least 1000 posts and a fat belly.

Please don't encourage him :-D

One thing that's completely forgotten here...AFAIK a rikishi is not allowed to change the heya, except on special circumstances, like his recent heya being dissolved. So even if there was any need/want, he just couldn't. Or do my memories fool me here?

We now know the answer to the question of what would happen to the two Koto guys. Kotokobayashi becomes Oshozan, using the middle kanji from Kotooshu, while Kotohonma just goes back to Honma.

• Like 1

I don't do the videos of TV programs thing normally so...was this posted elsewhere already? A half-hour feature on the establishment of Osh's new stable:

• Like 6

Osh was in Tetsuko's heya from today - several scenes from the heya were shown - many videos already, some to stay, some to replace them - I post the search to have it up to date: https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAI%3D&q=徹子の部屋+鳴戸親方+琴欧洲

His old appearance there from 2006 has not, as I had hoped, appeared yet with this

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

Asageiko at the still temporary heya location - the 2 in the white mawashi are likely kids on keiko experience

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

A TV Tokyo VOD page with a 10min special on sumo-beya economics featuring Naruto-beya http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/mv/you/feature/post_142285 (some ad-blockers might have to be switched off to be able to watch it - and get it with downloadhelper)

20171013_ys_ft01_145d0555d772cb49_9.jpg

Installing the heya in an old factory building had cost over 10 million yen, there is no aid from the NSK for establishing a heya. Osh gets 150 000 yen a month per low ranked deshi FROM the NSK to raise the deshi FOR the NSK: the 600 000 yen for the 4 only pay the rent. For food and everything else, donations are the only thing that keeps the heya going - tanimachi and sponsors.

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2

On 4/2/2017 at 03:07, I am the Yokozuna said:

I am yet to see anything that indicates that ex-Kotooshu has the brains and the knowledge to guide and teach anyone. His sumo commentary are very rarely explanatory and insightful (not the only ex-sumitori to be honest). When pressed to describe movements, he rarely is able to explain what and why......his sumo was based on several techniques and lacked in variety. I know Asashoryu had some rarely close-ups with him before the Bulgarian's knee injury but ..........all in all.....I am skeptical about the ex-Kotoshu's ability to train and guide disciples to stardom. Nonetheless, I would be happy to be proven wrong, again.   

sure, it is very hard to see from the perspective of a fan.  however, there are many factors in play here.  the koenkai has interest in his success.  he will have other ex-rikishi working with him.  he belongs to a gumi, so he will have peers helping him from other stable.  plus, he is kohai amongst the other oyakata senpai.  they will look out for him.  let's come back 2 years from now and assess how good of an oyakata he is.

• Like 2

He actually has education for sport physiology and had some fresh thoughts after retirement. I'd think he especially has more tools to be a good oyakata than some of the oyakata whose commentary is so bad that it is troubling with bad health, bad brain work and overall stagnation. Sumo has some good stuff when it comes to training but some stubborn oddities that do more harm than good. I thought Kotooshu could be the one who finds the balance and can preserve the good and revise the bad. We shall see. I dare to claim he has very good eye for techniques and how to guide young rikishi to use their body better. Mongolian rikishi in average are better at being versatile and using their power better. There are quite a lot of Japanese rikishi who have more horse power than they can generate on the dohyo. One main aspect in any sport is to train so that ability to use one's physical power and skills fully is maximized. That is something a good oyakata could help young rikishi with. I like Chiyootori because he usually is able to do that. Too bad he has such injury problems that outweigh this ability for now. All of the new upcoming rikishi are good at this (Onosho, Hokutofuji (when no injury) etc). In any case my hopes for Kotooshu is that he can guide in this. If he can, he does good for ooozumo.

• Like 2

Last week the NHK E-tele sweets series "Gretel's cooking stove" had a spot of the story that Naruto-oyakata at age 14 made a zebra cake for his mother - I saw that it was from a longer episode about the new heya last year, I don't think it was posted then: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5kmpek

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Naruto-beya today at last had the heya opening at its permanent location: "From now on is the real start"  - with now 12 rikishi. Same Sumida ward, from Yokokawa to Mukojima, a 4 min. walk from Tobu Skytree line Tokyo Skytree station. Same ichimon Shibatayama- and Sadogatake-oyakata were among those at the dohyo-matsuri. A 4 storey building on a site area of 178sqm; ground floor the keiko ground, with air conditioning and 2 surveillance cameras, 2nd floor the big room for the young ones, 3rd floor with 3 individual rooms for future sekitori, top floor for the oyakata and family. Total construction costs: about 300 million yen.

b_12408116.jpgo 20190608s00005000277000p_thum.jpgo o

20190608-OHT1I50112-L.jpg

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

At the dohyo-matsuri of the new Naruto-beya

96958A9E81818A99E4E2E1E1EB8DE2EAE2E4E0E2

s.jpg s.jpg s.jpg

a monitor at the keiko ground - no 2nd Naruto violence scandal

201906080000447-w200_2.jpgo

Takayasu at keiko on the new dohyo

s.jpg

with the visiting sekitori

f_12409909.jpg

o

all heya members

20190609s00005000036000p_view.jpg

os.jpg 20190608at44S_t.jpgo 201906080000447-w200_1.jpgo

201906080000447-w200_0.jpgo   4.jpgo  

D8n2OJlUIAIfKJl.jpg:thumbo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2

The locals in Unnan-city, the hometown of Yamane, have decided to donate 1.5 tons of local 仁多米Nitamai brand rice to Naruto-beya. The promoter of this is connected to Osh's origin Sadogatake-beya, 16 sponsors in all contributed and JA Shimane delivers. http://www.sanin-chuo.co.jp/www/contents/1559611268630/index.html

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

This is a bit older, but i can't remember having seen it before.

Edited by Benihana
  • Like 2