Sign in to follow this  
Monica

new girl from Brazil

Hello, people!!

My name is Monica and I from Rio ^^

Early last year I've become a sumo fan through from my sensei of japanese language. She is a japanese with 74 years old and really hope for a victory of a Japanese in the Yokozuna run since a long time. She is really intense about this and her's passion makes me search about it. But, in Brazil we don't have an sport channel showing honbasho or anything else related with sumo (from what I know).

So, I started watching the tournaments on an youtube channel named "Jason's All-Sumo channel" and I got very excited when I saw some of the matches! Specially some of the Kakuryu.. his sumo seems so clean and beautiful (in my simple point of view)

So far I don't know much about sumo, but I'm studying.. and really enjoying. And in my seek for more information after the Hatsu Basho the internet brought me here!

I hope to learn more and more about sumo here, because I'm already impressed with how much you guys know about this stuff... (Bow...)

Ps: truly sorry for my english.

• Like 4

Welcome! Listen, there is nothing wrong with your English as long as we can understand what you're saying...

Language purists have their own forums. Here it's all about sumo.

• Like 2

But, in Brazil we don't have an sport channel showing honbasho or anything else related with sumo (from what I know).

Welcome!

You can watch sumo live in NHK channel 241 from Net (R$9,90 per month). In the package Net HD Max (and above - starting with R$169,90) NHK is included

Edited by bettega
  • Like 1

aloha, friend monica

welcome to a beautiful community of fellow sumo lovers

<3

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

(Welcome...)

Edited by krindel
  • Like 1

Bem-vindo!

Nice to hear that your interest in Sumo led you to the forum!

• Like 1

But, in Brazil we don't have an sport channel showing honbasho or anything else related with sumo (from what I know).

Welcome!

You can watch sumo live in NHK channel 241 from Net (R$9,90 per month). In the package Net HD Max (and above - starting with R$169,90) NHK is included

Oh, yes yes... I have Net one time but (long story) I had to change my cable tv for other one.
but thanks ^^

Welcome! Your English is fine - word of an English teacher.

I'm glad, thank you... really ^.^)/

There are threads on where to get the broadcast for free, in this forum. Welcome!

that is helpful... I'll look ^^

thanks

Welcome! Listen, there is nothing wrong with your English as long as we can understand what you're saying...

Language purists have their own forums. Here it's all about sumo.

yeah! that's why I'm here!
Thanks... you guys are really nice ^^ :-D

Bem-vindo!

Nice to hear that your interest in Sumo led you to the forum!

Obrigada! :-D

I welcome you as a recent newcomer too!

And do not worry about your english, it is fine. And I presume that a majority of the people here use English as a foreign language (so as long as it is understandable it is fine)

• Like 1

Dear Monica!

Welcome to the forum! You'll find that there are many people here with serious knowledge about sumo, and the best thing is that they help you with any of your questions with love! I'm here for less than a month, but I enjoy it very much! Have fun!

• Like 2

Que seja bemvinda! Se voce precisa de alguma ajuda em portugues, eu posso te a dar!

• Like 1

Dear Monica!

Welcome to the forum! You'll find that there are many people here with serious knowledge about sumo, and the best thing is that they help you with any of your questions with love! I'm here for less than a month, but I enjoy it very much! Have fun!

Thanks!

Yeah! I've noticed. Everyone is really kind and knows so much about sumo!

I just started and already having a lot of fun ^^