Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Preparations of the masses-March 2016

I can't wait for Masunoyama to get back to makuuchi so that we can hear more observations about how he's going to die during every match.

Ha!

But his bouts do freak me out if they last more than 20s, I must admit.

• Like 4

Endou will start training with sekitori and then decide if he will be entering Haru or not. "I have yet to train with strong opponents so it all depends on how I train against them.. " he explained. It's the first time he has spoken to reporters since going kyujo on day 7 with a right ankle sprain.

• Like 4

Endou will start training with sekitori and then decide if he will be entering Haru or not. "I have yet to train with strong opponents so it all depends on how I train against them.. " he explained. It's the first time he has spoken to reporters since going kyujo on day 7 with a right ankle sprain.

I still don't like it. Someone should break his collarbone (reference to Teruno. Don't get angry). I don't know if surgery was right or wrong but remember him barely walking away from the dohyo for 15 days? I can't help but wonder if he can get remotely well in 45 days..

Every so often a new guy comes around and catches everyone's attention. More times than not it turns out the expectations were greater than the delivery. Now we have Ura. Anyone who has been following him knows that he has extraordinary skills and is a wonder to behold. He uses every trick in the book and is fun to watch. Now he is ranked at Makushita 2, poised to be promoted to Juryo and get his own room. And this is a "local boy" basho for him to boot. "I would be very happy to be promoted to Juryo," he understated. "I am a bit busy.. If I won't be able to win all my bouts by pushing I won't be able to survive up there.." he said, understanding full well that his bag of tricks is great but it takes more than that where the air is thin. His hair is still not long enough for the do, although he started off way at the bottom, which just shows how quick his ascension is. Career record- 32-3.

His stats

sum16030219540006-p1.jpg

• Like 6

Any news on Brodi? Hope hes doing weII. Can't even imagine being in his position.

Edited by hamcornheinz

Any news on Brodi? Hope hes doing weII. Can't even imagine being in his position.

In Egypt and intends to enter, but I don't think so.

I think he misread it as "Boody" perhaps. Speedreading.

Egypt, Canada. It's a small town between Senile and Retire.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 8

Sadogatake keiko session with Naruto beya:

The two top Maegashira Kotoyuuki and Takayasu faced each other as well. Kotoyuuki managed to win only one bout (doesn't say how many they had in all). He is at his highest ever rank. "My condition is not bad. Win or lose, I'd like to do sumo that will leave people thinking I did my utmost!!" he exclaimed.

• Like 1

He had an exceptionally successful basho in January. Perhaps the jungyo preceding it, with all those supporters present, inspired him. I hope the effect will last.

32 year old wily veteran Toyonoshima is back at Sekiwake after 23 bashos and went for degeiko at Tokitsukaze beya today. He injured his left knee last basho and taking his recovery into account, had a very short training session. He then did some loosening up exercises. "Well, I'm OK. I am able to do everything as usual.." he said. The other Sekiwake Yoshikaze has declared an Ozeki run after doing well last basho. "I have never had a kachikoshi at Sekiwake so I can't say I'm aiming for Ozeki.. First, I've got to win eight.." he said.

• Like 5

I see the topic name is back to normal.

Ura keeps to be in the focus and has several new (local) articles - not much new though.
He has gained 13kg since his debut last Haru: "Since one year ago my power has incomparably gone up, while I can go up I steadily want to go up."
"While maintaining my sumo style I managed to improve in all respects. I could do an izori or the like any time" - but he hasn't so far at any basho.
About sumo getting an energy boost from Kotoshogiku's yusho: "I as makushita am not in the position to say anything about makuuchi."
Towards his goal of becoming sekitori within 2 years "Simply showing all I have each bout."
http://www.kyoto-np.co.jp/sports/article/20160309000064
20160309111906mnews-4.jpg

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 3

Oosunaarashi (24th birthday today) will be in Juryo next basho after missing the last basho due to knee surgery. His Oyakata has said he will be carefully watching Oosunaarashi's healing process, but the man himself seems to be eager to return to the ring as soon as possible. "I couldn't watch it on TV even once..I felt like I didn't have a reason to exist. I'm in!!" he declared. He still is in no shape to do any sumo but yesterday he did 200 shikos and bench pressed 230 kilos to strengthen his upper body. Next basho Juryo will be populated by the likes of Endou and Kagayaki so it's going to be no picnic. "I will gambarize for my parents and my Shisho!!" he said, aiming to return to Makuuchi in one basho.

230kg?! that's ridiculous! is this the norm at that level? or is it more a Boody thing? as I know he has focused a bit more on his upper body relative to others (to many people's criticism)

230kg?! that's ridiculous! is this the norm at that level? or is it more a Boody thing? as I know he has focused a bit more on his upper body relative to others (to many people's criticism)

Takarafuji can benchpress 230kg and deadlift 300kg.

Edited by inhashi

Apparently it's quite the norm, Terunofuji and Takarafuji, can bench press in that region as well...

Edited by Mihasan

Endou has most probably decided to enter Haru. "Barring any accidents and if he maintains his current condition, he will be entering, I guess.." said Oitekaze Oyakata. Final decision - tomorrow morning, which is right about...now.

sum16031005000001-p1.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2

Endou has formally announced he is entering Haru. After training with Daieishou (14 bouts), he said: "It's been a while since I felt that I am doing some real sumo.. It would be the best if I managed to 'get my body back again' and climb the Banzuke.."

"My ankle is doing much better. If my other injuries heal, it would be even better.." he added. "His training is still insufficient, but we are aiming for 10 wins," added Oitekaze Oyakata.

sum16031015110002-p1.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 3

Kaisei with others went to Hakuho's heya for degeiko, won the first 2 training bouts against him and then getting overwhelmed the remaining 6 times. http://www.nikkansports.com/battle/sumo/news/1614887.html
Afterwards totally exhausted "My back hurts - I'm finished."
k-sp-150310-0010-ogp_0.jpg

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

Ura gets his first mage today, and Gagamaru would like to eat it:

sum16031019200004-p1.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 5

Toyonoshima is back at Sekiwake after 23 bashos and went for degeiko at Tokitsukaze beya today.

Fair play to Toyonoshima. Degeiko at his own stable. Nothing the man can't do.

This is EXACTLY the sort of thing I'm talking about. I usually don't know what the heck I'm talking about and fervently wish to take this task off my hands.. This includes the videos. I just wish someone (or two or three) will step up and do this instead of me. Akinomaki is doing so much already as well. I don't believe we can't find two or three sumo fans who can't find the time to help out. I am losing it slowly and don't know how much longer I can continue..

Come on people..

• Like 2