Sign in to follow this  
Manekineko

R.I.P. Alan Rickman

Oh, I'll miss him. (Broken heart...)

Having him play Voice of God (Metatron, in Dogma) was really apt casting... I enjoyed his baddies, I was smitten by his Col. Brandon, but I guess this is my favorite of his roles:

• Like 3

While he was most famous for his roles in various fancy dresses, my favourite film with Rickman is Snow Cake.

What's wrong with being 69-70 these days anyway?

• Like 1

For me his crowning momen was when close to death in the last Harry Potter when all the walls he built up fell and the softer side came out.....

Even now when I watch some of the earllier films I can still see the the softness in his face even when he was being te bad guy....

So either Alan Rickman is one hell of an actor or I am just imagening it.......

Rest in peace Alan....

I liked him also as the most steadfast of the good guys in Perfume, The Story of a Murderer.

Edited by Akinomaki

The first time I remember seeing him was in the movie Die Hard. I hated him which means he did his job and was a fine actor.

I really like Galaxy Quest and found him to be brilliantly hammy (if that's not a contradiction in terms). He was quite a character.

He was a brilliant actor. I just loved his voice. It's hard to select one particular role as the best. All of them were remarkable.

I am just STUNNED that he is gone.

I will be missing him also. Oddly (or is it ironically?) enough, rather than his Severus Snape persona, I always have his Die Hard character, Hans Gruber and his mannerisms in mind when I pull out the evil wizard Bargle the Infamous in my D&D/Pathfinder steampunk campaign.

Did any of you ever see "The Preacher (Revolutionary Witness)"? If not, and you have twenty minutes to spare -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXZqq2smuHs,

I didn't before. Woah. Shitty video quality, but who cares.

Edited by Manekineko