Sign in to follow this  
kuroimori

Basho Talk - Hatsu Basho 2016 +++ Spoiler Alert! +++

Brody lost today, making him 2-4. This is his first makekoshi after 3 consecutive KK tournaments from the start.

I am sorry to see him lose this much, but it was to be expected. He needs more speed and better technique to win against experienced rikishi. Didn't he also have recent surgery? Perhaps hasn't been able to train much.

asashoryu sain on twitter its all fake

asashoryu:

Ymar Chipave togloj bgaa bishde!!!! Daraalj unaj munaad balainuud chine!!!!!!!

it doesnt mean fake directly but i cant explain because of the language problem

hakuho.jpg

and that face (Laughing...)

he is better than dicaprio

and its all my opinion

• Like 2

I have confidence that Kotoshogiku can do it now. He has beaten all three Yokozunae and has done it in dominant fashion. He looks fit, healthy and totally in the zone. He is categorically NOT a choker like Kise and has shown himself up to it in the past when his mental fortitude has been challenged. It is his to lose now.

And Inchinojo... has put on too much weight. Probably. Either that or he is depressed (I hope not coz that sucks). Regardless, he is slow, slow, slow and just a step behind everyone else. Remember the henkas when he came up? They were fast, even when he was in the 190s. I doubt he could do that now. It's like he's swimming in vaseline or something, while everyone around him is embued with quicksilver. He's lucky there are so many injured rikishi dropping to Juryo in front of him (although even that might not save him)

• Like 2

Video of the Harumafuji- Kotoshogiku match today. Or should I say the Kotoshogiku- Harumafuji match. Total dominance.

• Like 4

And Inchinojo... has put on too much weight. Probably. Either that or he is depressed (I hope not coz that sucks). Regardless, he is slow, slow, slow and just a step behind everyone else. Remember the henkas when he came up? They were fast, even when he was in the 190s. I doubt he could do that now. It's like he's swimming in vaseline or something, while everyone around him is embued with quicksilver. He's lucky there are so many injured rikishi dropping to Juryo in front of him (although even that might not save him)

With the upper Juryo looking the way it is even Pharaoh may find himself staying in the makuuchi, so I have confidence that Ichinojo will be able to as well. But like you, it's disappointing to see him wrestling like he is. For whatever reason, he is just zoned out and not giving it his all. Hopefully going back towards the bottom of Makuuchi will help him get back up on his feet, but he's really got to improve his situation with his weight, or put on more muscle and figure out how to move better. If not then all of makuuchi is going to figure how to beat Ichinojo.

With the upper Juryo looking the way it is even Pharaoh may find himself staying in the makuuchi, so I have confidence that Ichinojo will be able to as well. But like you, it's disappointing to see him wrestling like he is. For whatever reason, he is just zoned out and not giving it his all. Hopefully going back towards the bottom of Makuuchi will help him get back up on his feet, but he's really got to improve his situation with his weight, or put on more muscle and figure out how to move better. If not then all of makuuchi is going to figure how to beat Ichinojo.

As Ozeki Konishiki got up to 265kg and at the end of his career as a low ranking Maegashira he got to a whopping 285! So Ichinojo has a long way to go yet... But he is clearly too heavy, as is Gagamaru. They are slow and roll easily. 160 to 180 seems to be the sweet zone all the top guys work in

As Ozeki Konishiki got up to 265kg and at the end of his career as a low ranking Maegashira he got to a whopping 285! So Ichinojo has a long way to go yet... But he is clearly too heavy, as is Gagamaru. They are slow and roll easily. 160 to 180 seems to be the sweet zone all the top guys work in

Yes, that was a major problem that Konishiki had during the last days of his career. A lot of wrestlers were able to figure out how to use his own weight against him. Often if they could get him into a momentum and avoid getting caught by him, he would be thundering down to the dohyo by way of a throw or get turned or something to get yorikiri'd. Perhaps Ichinojo could learn from what happened to Konishiki, hopefully he can get the weight down but once you put it on it's hard to lose it.

Perhaps at the moment Ichinojo is busy unlearning all the things he did wrong before and will return a whole new rikishi. Perhaps. Perhaps not...

What's wrong with Ichinojo? And where is Osunaarashi?

Osunaarashi is out of the tournament due to a damaged left meniscus. Probably starting the next basho in Juryo. Possible Juryo Yusho for him? :) Let's hope!

You can't learn much when you are too slow off the mark and too slow reacting to moves, except that you need to be faster.

He is slow, sluggish and complete without any oomph, yes but I doubt that just a few kilos more can render him into a sort of beached whale.

To me it seems like he cannot put any pressure in his upper body - maybe some problems with his back?

But then, it may just look like he is somewhat injured where in fact he just completely lost it.

Dunno, if he can turn things around so easily in lower Makuuchi or upper Juryo...

He is slow, sluggish and complete without any oomph, yes but I doubt that just a few kilos more can render him into a sort of beached whale.

To me it seems like he cannot put any pressure in his upper body - maybe some problems with his back?

But then, it may just look like he is somewhat injured where in fact he just completely lost it.

Dunno, if he can turn things around so easily in lower Makuuchi or upper Juryo...

The back injury has been raised before and is highly likely, but one of the best things you can do for a bad back is to lose weight...

• Like 2

The back injury has been raised before and is highly likely, but one of the best things you can do for a bad back is to lose weight...

True, that makes sense...

Day 12

Newcomers

Both Mitakeumi and Shodai put up an excellent fight against their opponents, On top of that Shodai went kachikoshi against Takayasu, who is in a great form this basho. Mitakeumi did a nice henka against Toyohibiki, and managed the pull the win, the first interesting movement of him this basho. Kagayaki fell, Kintamayama wrote: "nightmare basho" for him. Couldn't agree more.

Takanoiwa is also in great form, 9th win today against Gagamaru, I think he'll get a new career-high rank for Haru Basho.

Takarafuji having a great basho too, today this was a dominant win against Kyokushuho, a few more of these and he may become Komosubi again.

Yoshikaze wasn't excpecting that Henka from Aminishiki, and he almost got his balance back, but Aminishiki was fighting for kachikoshi. Too bad.

A great effort to evade makekoshi from Tochinoshin, he won in a very long, and very spirited fight against Shohozan. Tomorrow he has to win against Kaisei, and after that two more win for him to get the kachikoshi. The question: will he be able to do it, or will he be demoted to Maegashira?

No surprise at the and of the day, Goeido makekoshi, and Kotoshogiku still in the form of a Yokozuna, Poor Harumafuji couldn't beat the Geek :D

Mitakeumi didn't really need the henka, cause he beat Toyohibiki fair and square after the henka failed. He should have a bit more confidence in his ability, but I can understand that after the flu he might have wanted to go for a safe win.

Too bad indeed for Yoshikaze, I really hope he can get a kachikoshi and keep his rank.

And how about Shohozan? After beating Harumafuji at the beginning of this basho he hasn't done so well. Pity, he was in a very good shape last basho like Yoshikaze, but apparently it hasn't lasted long for Shohozan at least.

There's no way Ichinojo gets demoted. By the numbers a 1-14 puts him at M16e, and there's not going to be more sanyaku to push that rank out of existence. Facing most the Ozeki and Yokozuna (he avoids Kotoshogiku yet again) also is in his favor. There are so many people that need to be demoted over a 1-14 Ichinojo and not enough pressure from Juryo regardless.

Will they skip Kotoshogiku vs. Goeido now? It's nearly handing Kotoshogiku a free win basically; Goeido has absolutely no reason to want to win. While 'giku is already scheduled against the top performing maegashira still in the Yusho race (Toyonoshima), he still might be put against Okinoumi or Takayasu as sanyaku candidates. I would say Kotoyuki, but that's unfortunately not possible.

Brody lost today, making him 2-4. This is his first makekoshi after 3 consecutive KK tournaments from the start.

In other Sandanme news, Tosayutaka also lost to fall to 2-4. Does he just not care anymore and is biding time for a kabu to open up for him? Asashosakari I believe once said that no one's come back from injury to fail miserably before, but this might qualify.

Couldn't believe the way Shodai handled Takayasu. I very much could believe the way Aminishiki took care of Yoshikaze, though! lol

Looks like Kotoshogiku's over the bump, so to speak. Holding my breath, hoping he doesn't choke... also, taking a shot. Kanpai!

• Like 1

Couldn't believe the way Shodai handled Takayasu. I very much could believe the way Aminishiki took care of Yoshikaze, though! lol

Looks like Kotoshogiku's over the bump, so to speak. Holding my breath, hoping he doesn't choke... also, taking a shot. Kanpai!

Takayasu seems to have followed Okinoumi who again switched to "Yeah! Kachikoshi! Paaaarty" mode

• Like 2

In other Sandanme news, Tosayutaka also lost to fall to 2-4. Does he just not care anymore and is biding time for a kabu to open up for him?

On the flipside, ex-Daikiho is 5-1 in mid-makushita for his 5th straight KK. (Dangit, that reminds me there's a game to administrate...) Maybe there's actually hope for a sekitori return for him after all?

asashoryu sain on twitter its all fake

asashoryu:

Ymar Chipave togloj bgaa bishde!!!! Daraalj unaj munaad balainuud chine!!!!!!!

it doesnt mean fake directly but i cant explain because of the language problem

hakuho.jpg

and that face (Laughing...)

he is better than dicaprio

and its all my opinion

Asa says:

This is not Chipave game!!! How can these fools lose one after another!!!!!

Edited by wanderer
  • Like 3