TRIO

ST

BS

ODD

S4

ISP

TTT

GKA and TUG i play, when i got time, but they are not in cue with the others

Rando...that's just weird! I don't see any logic to that order! Why is TTT, a very simple one, last?

Easy, because it's the latest addition. B-)

Rando...that's just weird! I don't see any logic to that order! Why is TTT, a very simple one, last? Surely that should go along with the other quick games like Chain and ISP? Of course there probably doesn't seem any logic to my order either! ;)

Well, the sacred order that I must follow under all circumstances was established at a time when TTT did not yet exist...

Anyway, I could come up with a semi-coherent explanation for the order.

1) Toto and ISP only require you to know the winner and not the winning probabilities. In fact, I use a slightly different prediction algorithm for these two yes/no games.

2) Tippspiel comes next because I look at the selected bouts for the next day, mark them in my spreadsheet (without changing the order of the spreadsheet) and do the picks.

3) Odd Sumo and Quad also belong into a group because they build on additional information and are effectively handled in separate spreadsheet. For Odd Sumo, of course I need to integrate the odds. And my Quad picks are also based on an estimate of how many wins each rikishi might get in the rest of the tournament. If my playing order wouldn't be sacred and organically grown, Odd and Quad could also be the last on each day.

4) The remaining three games (Sumo Game, Bench, TTT) all require that I sort my spreadsheet by winning probability. As TTT needs a sorting of all sekitori (not just Makuuchi) it needs to be done last of the three.

• Like 1

Before I make my picks I look at the Torikumi to determine the most likely winners (based on H2H, their actual genkiness and my gut feel) in a ranking from 1-10 (often enough I find not enough "sure" winners) plus . Then the remaining assumed winners in Sekitori are determined. And then picking starts. Usually in this order

1. Sumo Game

2. DST

3. ISP

4. Odd

5. S4

6. TTT

6a. Chain (won't last for long)

7. Maegashira Game

8. Toto

9. Bench (as I have to deregister my Shikona and register under my 2nd Shikona)

Pre-Basho all starts with the calculation for S-Oracle, mostly based on current Banzuke rank and gut feel. Then picking for all games is done in random order. And as once my entry somehow got lost in OBG I always do a double check on the entry list of the Japanese Games (OBG, POG and NC), one immediately after I made my picks and another a few hours before the Basho starts.

No excel sheets, calculations or algorithms used....

Ganzohnesushi

Edited by Ganzohnesushi

This . . . is . . . just . . . . . . scary . . .

the only thing that scarce you, is that you cannot do any sorting in excel '97 ;-)

the only thing that scarce you, is that you cannot do any sorting in excel '97 ;-)

No sorting necessary in Excel 97 because the whole spreadsheet is visible and not obscured by unnecessary giant buttons. B-)
  • Like 1

Lol! We're such almighty geeks!

Since last Sunday, being a geek must have gotten much more popular... :-D

• Like 3

Any word on the viability of Salarycap for Haru, Rando? I know I can get Fujiyama and Chocshoporyu to enter it if we need a few more entrants...and we can no doubt drum up some interest on the forums to get 50+ players. It's a great little game...a shame it's not included.

And I can officially forget sumo now for a while as I've just put in my GTB entry even before Moti's comedy invitation post (which I am hoping will be about Giku's engineered yusho). I abandoned my long-time system last year after my cataclysmic drop in the rankings. My new approach paid surprising dividends in Hatsu with a jun yusho! I'll be interested to see what happens in Haru.

It's a tricky one near the bottom, and also with regard to a bit of a vacuum around the Gagamaru/Sadanoumi area. Whoever gets those right-ish will certainly go KK.

Ganbarimasu!

This . . . is . . . just . . . . . . scary . . .

You are scared too easily. :-D I have a scary pic for you: a piece of my spreadsheet for the daily picks.

Scary.gif

• Like 2

Oh, and my daily picking order:

Bench Sumo

Sumo Game

ISP

Chaingang (sometimes)

I just don't play the other daily games anymore as I don't want to need more than a few minutes each day for this stuff. Maximum five minutes needed including import of results etc.

You are scared too easily. :-D I have a scary pic for you: a piece of my spreadsheet for the daily picks.

That's not scary at all, on the contrary: I'm glad that you're using a proper Excel version as well! :-D

Any word on the viability of Salarycap for Haru, Rando? I know I can get Fujiyama and Chocshoporyu to enter it if we need a few more entrants...and we can no doubt drum up some interest on the forums to get 50+ players. It's a great little game...a shame it's not included.

Oh yeah, thank you for reminding me - several others have already asked. I guess that someone should start a little campaign for this great game. As far as I know its resurgence was not heavily promoted - a little bit on this Forum, but not on other places like Sumotalk, Sumo Mailing List, Bench Sumo Mailing List, French Forum, or German Forum. If someone is willing to recruit more players from these places, we could put it back on the Superbanzuke. My concrete suggestion: if we get 45+ active participants in March, the March results will count towards the Masters, and the Natsu Superbanzuke will also contain the Natsu Banzuke of Salarycap. Deal?

• Like 3

Seems there is a discussion about the order we enter games each day....

I cant see the original post but here is my order of entry......

ISP-Easy entry and easy to read the results

Sekitori toto-Has all the information needed for most of the other games so I will make my picks for the other games while entering Toto

meagashira game-Easy entry

TTT-Easy entry

Sekitori quad-Links to

Oddssumo

Chaingang-If I am still in...

Tip spiel

Sumo game

Bench sumo-Save best for last

Have to be carefull entering toto though ,I spent so much time on it once I missed the deadline for some games.........

Edit Whoops I had a feeling I forgot one....

ISP is the 1st game I enter...

Edited by Fujisan

I enter the daily SB games in alphabetical order.

• Like 1

I enter them in the order they present themselves on the SB page. A couple of clicks to open the respective pages, then proceeding in an orderly fashion, so I don't FORGET to make picks in one of them - it happened in the past.

I enter them in the order they present themselves on the SB page. A couple of clicks to open the respective pages, then proceeding in an orderly fashion, so I don't FORGET to make picks in one of them - it happened in the past.

Which is alphabetical order. And I do it for the same reason.

• Like 1

I enter the daily SB games in alphabetical order.

(Sign of approval...)

chishafuwaku

I am in for salary cap I keep trying to enter but I must be doing some wrong,it wont let me join .....................

Eventually I give up because the other games need my attention..

As for making sure I dont forget any-

I make a list on the same piece of paper I write my selections on and tick them off...Its not a faultless method though,I still miss games once in a while...

From what I recall, for salary cap you have to go to your user settings on Golynohana's site and tell it you want to play. That may also be keeping some people away from it.

Edited by Gurowake

I am in for salary cap I keep trying to enter but I must be doing some wrong,it wont let me join .....................

Eventually I give up because the other games need my attention..

As for making sure I dont forget any-

I make a list on the same piece of paper I write my selections on and tick them off...Its not a faultless method though,I still miss games once in a while...

From what I recall, for salary cap you have to go to your user settings on Golynohana's site and tell it you want to play. That may also be keeping some people away from it.

I think first you have to go edit profile (on your up right)

add your shikona on Salary Cap sumo

update info

Only after this the system will recognize you B-)

and then you can play this game like the others

chishafuwaku

Edited by chishafuwaku