Sign in to follow this  
luispereira

Hastu 2016 "Poster" (leaflet)

Who's the handsome fellow..?

Doesn't look like Kaiho, so it is probably Endo.
  • Like 1

**laughing** that's a great super trimmed and slimmed runway model airbrushing job on Kotoshogiku ;D

• Like 1

**laughing** that's a great super trimmed and slimmed runway model airbrushing job on Kotoshogiku ;D

tons of photoshop if it's kotoshogiku! :D

If the mawashi is true, Onosho is a decent candidate. Tamawashi is possible, but unlikely.

No identifying marks visible; all blemishes I see move as I scroll and are thus on my monitor. I don't think we can get anything definitive. I was wondering the same as the OP about this one; I have absolutely no idea. I haven't seen enough of Onosho to rule him out, but it doesn't look like anyone else.

I'm a bit confused by this picture studying it more. It looks like there is a gyoji standing to the rikishi's left given the area right below the rikishi's rear end, but if there is he's way out of focus but the tawara is the same distance as the gyoji from the camera and looks sharp. The tawara at the edge of the raised portion of the dohyo is a bit fuzzy, but the one outlining the ring is much sharper than the gyoji that would be the same distance away. Is that not a gyoji that's visible under the edge of the rikishi's mawashi? What is it?

Edited by Gurowake

What is it?

Think that is audience/background. The yellowish blob at extreme left/middle is the salt bucket. The white looks like a yobidashi. Edited by Asojima

I'm a bit confused by this picture studying it more. It looks like there is a gyoji standing to the rikishi's left given the area right below the rikishi's rear end, but if there is he's way out of focus but the tawara is the same distance as the gyoji from the camera and looks sharp. The tawara at the edge of the raised portion of the dohyo is a bit fuzzy, but the one outlining the ring is much sharper than the gyoji that would be the same distance away. Is that not a gyoji that's visible under the edge of the rikishi's mawashi? What is it?

If it is a gyoji, could it be Shikimori Inosuke and he's been "brushed" out?

What is it?

Think that is audience/background. The yellowish blob at extreme left/middle is the salt bucket. The white looks like a yobidashi.

How could that be the background? It has to be something that's on the dohyo inside the tawara. The best I can think is that the gyoji was blurred and other work was done to the photo, as it seems to have a lot of airbrushing done on the rikishi to get something that's absolutely flawless. They probably want it to be a generic rikishi and were disappointed that people could figure out who it was by distinguishing marks last time.

Edited by Gurowake

Rikishi : Most definitely Kotoshogiku. The amount of photshopping though is shocking, almost to the point it being unrealistic. If being a rikishi results in skin that smooth, tons of ladies will fight head over heels to be part of it.

The thing under the rikishi's crotch is definitely a part of a gyoji's lower clothing. However they blurred the upper part to make the rikishi stands out. You can clearly see the outline of the gyoji's face details (nose and left eye most prominently) on the uppermost right corner of the poster. Looks like the attire is black with orange and yellow/gold markings.

Rikishi : Most definitely Kotoshogiku. The amount of photshopping though is shocking, almost to the point it being unrealistic. If being a rikishi results in skin that smooth, tons of ladies will fight head over heels to be part of it.

1. Hips and legs way too thin.

2. No tape. Kotoshogiku has not been tape free for years.

3. It's hard to photoshop away 10 years. This is a young guy.

Edited by Asojima

This view from the grassy knoll supports the second Onosho theory:

The rolls under his arms match those in the photo.

• Like 1

1. Hips and legs way too thin.

2. No tape. Kotoshogiku has not been tape free for years.

3. It's hard to photoshop away 10 years. This is a young guy.

Oh totally forgot about the tape. And yeah on second look the hips and legs are way skinny. My bad.

Still too much photoshop though.

If the mawashi is true, Onosho is a decent candidate. Tamawashi is possible, but unlikely.

The rikishi has been identified,no less by ex-Wakanosato, ex-Kyokutenho, Tochinoshin, & a highly suspicious Toyonoshima.

Tamawashi

Ichiro SUMO twitter [html=https://twitter.com/Ichiro_SUMO]

CXOpVCiUwAAsba5.jpg

Edited by rhyen
  • Like 1

and the winner is Asojima! :D

The rikishi has been identified,no less by ex-Wakanosato, ex-Kyokutenho, Tochinoshin, & a highly suspicious Toyonoshima.

Tamawashi

Ichiro SUMO twitter [html=https://twitter.com/Ichiro_SUMO]

CXOpVCiUwAAsba5.jpg