Sign in to follow this  
kuroimori

Basho Talk - Kyushu Basho 2015 +++ Spoiler Alert! +++

I love it when the conspiracy mongers are left with mucho eggs on their faces and disappear..

Shohozan will beat Ami today, but will Harumafuji give Shohozan a playoff and let him win the basho?

Now that we have established that you are clairvoyant, can you tell me tomorrow's lottery numbers as well ? :-)))

Shohozan for jun-yusho?

He needs to overcome major 7-7 wiliness from the Dai-Wily Aminishiki.

which is not an easy thing to do as we could witness a few moments ago.

Wiliness aside, this is maybe just another example of feeling the pressure of the home crowd put on the local hero to get that long desired japanese yusho.

More likely simply his true ability. Let's not get carried away here- it's Shouhouzan we are discussing. The guy had an outstanding basho, as many rikishi do once in a blue moon. Next basho he will be eaten up as usual and will eke out 5-6 wins. Maybe.

I'm double shocked now.

Colombo fan?

So the guy with 19,000 posts is double shocked by the guy whose shtick is misinterpreting things though the lens of his own culture?

C'mon!

Treblemaker is a great guy, but sometimes some (not all..) ST alumni just can't shake off the brainwashing they underwent.

"Knee jerk reaction", as observed by Treblemaker himself.

Edited by Kintamayama

I love it when the conspiracy mongers are left with mucho eggs on their faces and disappear..

They are still huddled in a corner dreaming up a conspiracy to explain what just happened. Standby. This will be a gooood one.
  • Like 2

Mods, can we have a separate thread (or forum) for those with less than ten years / 5,000 posts please?

Here's another post to go towards my 5,000. :-P

• Like 3

great basho. nice to see harumafuji take it in the end.

next time can the conspiracy theorists start their own thread instead of clogging the main one up?

Edited by Sora

They are still huddled in a corner dreaming up a conspiracy to explain what just happened. Standby. This will be a gooood one.

Of course this was a yaocho conspiracy! Proof? Because it was done so well crafted. Everybody loosing on the last day. Nobody would notice. Because nobody could think it was a conspiracy, that's exactly the proof that it in fact was one. Everybody who can't see this, is either a fool or part of the conspiracy.

Even, Osunaarashi winning a kinboshi against the furure winner of the tournament was part of it. Giving slight hope for a Japanese Yusho-winner at the end. How malicious is that. That can only have been a yaocho, err... yocho.

And BTW, Josef Blatter and the IOC is clearly involved in it. They know, how to handle sports events. Do you really think it's a coincedence that Tokyo got the olympic games 2020 and the Japanese Women Football Team won the 2010 worldcup in Germany and the President of the IOC is now a German..? That all was planned a very long time and all the rikishi this tournament were part of it. That's so obvious!

:-D

• Like 1

Four basho, four different winners!

Its an exciting time for sumo: 3 competitive Yoks, a competitive Ozeki group, and some real talent coming into Sanyaku.

I hope everybody stays (or gets) healthy, and no retirements please.

See you all in the new year...

Mods, can we have a separate thread (or forum) for those with less than ten years / 5,000 posts please?

Like a subforum for the "yokozunas" of this forum? He he, why not.

What I like about this place is the common sense and love of sumo shown by the members. Over at ST, it seems they hate sumo, based on all the negative things being said about just about every rikishi and bout. If the whole thing is rigged and a mongolian conspiracy, why even bother watching? It's baffling to me.

Silly question time: my favorite gyoji, the one who officiated the match between Gagamaru and Sadanoumi today, wore a blue outfit on day 14 and today. Usually he wears a red outfit. Is there any reason for the change, or is it just his fashion sense kicking in? Can't remember the guys name, sorry... But he has the best voice in ozumo!

• Like 1

Silly question time:

Why should this be a silly question?^^

my favorite gyoji, the one who officiated the match between Gagamaru and Sadanoumi today, wore a blue outfit on day 14 and today. Usually he wears a red outfit. Is there any reason for the change, or is it just his fashion sense kicking in? Can't remember the guys name, sorry... But he has the best voice in ozumo!

I don't know anything about rules and traditions involved in gyoji fashion. Would love to hear more from an expert about this, but Akinomaki today mentioned in his picture thread for day 14 that they have taken away the red and white colour decorations at the front tower because red and white is an auspicious colour combination which obviously doesn't fit to the death of Kitanoumi. Considering this, I could imagine that some gyoji might have changed their garment to darker colours. Don't know. Just a wild guess on my side.

Silly question time:

Why should this be a silly question?^^

my favorite gyoji, the one who officiated the match between Gagamaru and Sadanoumi today, wore a blue outfit on day 14 and today. Usually he wears a red outfit. Is there any reason for the change, or is it just his fashion sense kicking in? Can't remember the guys name, sorry... But he has the best voice in ozumo!

I don't know anything about rules and traditions involved in gyoji fashion. Would love to hear more from an expert about this, but Akinomaki today mentioned in his picture thread for day 14 that they have taken away the red and white colour decorations at the front tower because red and white is an auspicious colour combination which obviously doesn't fit to the death of Kitanoumi. Considering this, I could imagine that some gyoji might have changed their garment to darker colours. Don't know. Just a wild guess on my side.

Kind of the black armband equivalent of gyoji? Makes sense, I guess. I think I saw some more gyoji also changing their color, but I could be wrong.

I asked myself the same 'silly' question today. First I thought about "Science Tiction", but then I thought about Sumo Talk, which I guess is some other Sumo forum or the like... Well, I don't know.

Here's another silly question. Who and what is ST?

Sumotalk. An "expert sumo analysis" website.

Thanks. Worth avoiding then. :)

From just about everything that has been mentioned here, it sounds like it should be called 'conspiracy talk'. (Laughing...)

I wonder why sumotalk is even still written. Who would want to stick around if they believe that almost all the matches are fake, and the ones that aren't fake are incompetetent wrestling?

sumotalk is a sumo commentary site

there is a forum there, nearly expired for some years,

it cannot be compared to this forum

the remaining commentators there highlight yaocho and mukiryoku,

sometimes to an extreme, suggesting (even demonstrating) projection

it is surprising how provocative this seems to be for some forum members here,

who even, at times, imply disbelief in yaocho and mukiryoku

i'm indebted to sumotalk's highlighting of sumo politics

it would have taken forever to puzzle it out by myself

any bitterness over politics from commentators doesn't add to the beauty of sumo

here, there or anywhere

it is surprising how provocative this seems to be for some forum members here,

who even, at times, imply disbelief in yaocho and mukiryoku

In my case, I couldn't care less. Sumo (like all sports) is entertainment, like the court jesters and gladiators of old. If I am entertained, I'm satisfied. Give a win to a guy who needs it.... who gives a sh*#. The outcome of the basho was exciting. Maybe Hakuho really isn't that good but pays really well.

Lighten up and enjoy the entertainment! (Ranting...)

i'm indebted to sumotalk's highlighting of sumo politics

it would have taken forever to puzzle it out by myself

any bitterness over politics from commentators doesn't add to the beauty of sumo

here, there or anywhere

Baseless speculation is not highlighting.

Well, at least ST was pointing out the interestingly epic fightbacks of past-selldate Ozeki already back then, when everyone around here was still sniffing flowers.

Huh? That type of stuff was talked about here pretty much since the forum existed, not to mention on the SML even before that, the only difference is that folks here never felt the need to shout loudly and shake their fists in anger about it.

The brainwashing really is strong and persistent, isn't it?

Edited by Asashosakari