Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Aki 2015 Videos- Promo + Days 1-15

All Juryo bouts (Day 1-5) are also available on Sumo Reference now.

Edit: Day 5 (database)

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Like 2

Day 5:

guest commentator today was Furiwake oyakata, Taka Takamisakari

Sounds like Naruto (Kotooshu) commentating today :-)

Ex- Kotooushuu and ex-Tochinohana.

Thank you Fay for all the lower division matches, but especially

• Like 1

Seems like the new Iwasaki is also a strong newcomer. Tomorrow he faces Kotokuzan (who beat Ura above).

• Like 1

Seems like the new Iwasaki is also a strong newcomer. Tomorrow he faces Kotokuzan (who beat Ura above).

I'm not sure if you (or others in general) are aware, but Iwasaki is Hidenoumi's brother. At least, that's what it says in this thread. If they are both sekitori at the same time's it's going to annoy me to manually place a prohibition on their match instead of just being able to compare heya.

Edited by Gurowake

I'm not sure if you (or others in general) are aware, but Iwasaki is Hidenoumi's brother. At least, that's what it says in this thread. If they are both sekitori at the same time's it's going to annoy me to manually place a prohibition on their match instead of just being able to compare heya.

I didn't know this, only knew that they have the same surname and that Iwasaki was Hidenoumis first Shikona. And I thought brothers are always in the same heya and that's why they can't face each other but I noticed this was already discussed in the other thread (thanks for the link). Maybe the prohibition makes sense as they obviously could do each other a favor and even if they do not there would always be talk about whether one gave the win to the other (like between the Mongolians or the Georgians).

Shunba might have thought about catching the last bus as he dashed down the hanamichi when he noticed that he had lost his ticket on the dohyo...

• Like 1

Chiyootori's bounce reminds me of Pusheen:

Dance-Party-pusheen-the-cat-28507027-500

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Day 8 - Juryo and upper Makushita bouts uploaded.

Thanks a ton for uploading Juryo & Makushita bouts!

Just discovered your channel on UTube and subscribed. :-)

• Like 1

After a busy day at the airport... the wonderful treat of Kintamayama's video waiting for me... the end of a perfect day.

Chiyootori: "I win! Yes! Um... I mean... Ow. My wrist. A bit stiff there. Lemme work it a little..."

• Like 4