Sign in to follow this  
kuroimori

Juryo promotions for Aki Basho 2015

Nikkansports website reports following 4 promotions to Juryo division for the Aki Basho 2015:

Juryo debut:

ms1e Shodai

returnees:

ms2e Daishomaru

ms3w Kizenryu

ms4e Kyokutaisei

• Like 1

Shodai with Tokitsukaze-oyakata (Tokitsuumi)
001.jpg

exe1507300710002-l1.jpg

spo1507290010-p1.jpg

f-nsp150729_jyuryo02-w500_0.jpg
the oyakata doesn't like his negative attitude
f-nsp150729_jyuryo-w500_0.jpg

sum15072910180003-p3.jpg

PK2015073002100048_size0.jpg

dly1507290014-p1.jpg

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 5

Nikkansports website reports following 4 promotions to Juryo division for the Aki Basho 2015:

returnees:

ms4e Kyokutaisei

Good to see him make it back to Juryo.

Good news indeed about Kyokutaisei. Do you know if new Oshima oyakata will re-open the heya ?

Shodai's promotion should be a freshness wind for Tokitsukaze-beya.

Good news indeed about Kyokutaisei. Do you know if new Oshima oyakata will re-open the heya ?

Unless they waive the rule for him, he'll have to wait a minimum of one year. I would guess it'll be at least early 2016 before we hear any official talk about the matter.

Unless they waive the rule for him, he'll have to wait a minimum of one year. I would guess it'll be at least early 2016 before we hear any official talk about the matter.

If he were allowed to leave with all the former Oshima-beya rikishi, that would really put Tomozuna-beya in a very bad situation, they would be left with basically only Kaisei and some rather uninspiring low rankers.

On the other hand, the downside of his longevity as a rikishi is, of course, that he is in a rather advanced age for a fresh oyakata, so if he plans to re-open Oshima-beya he might prefer to do it sooner rather than later.

But, as you say, in a year a lot can change...

He may need a year or more to set everything up, unless some preparations have been ongoing already (not unthinkable, since he has held the kabu for some years now)

If he were allowed to leave with all the former Oshima-beya rikishi, that would really put Tomozuna-beya in a very bad situation, they would be left with basically only Kaisei and some rather uninspiring low rankers.

On the other hand, the downside of his longevity as a rikishi is, of course, that he is in a rather advanced age for a fresh oyakata, so if he plans to re-open Oshima-beya he might prefer to do it sooner rather than later.

For what it's worth, the reports immediately post-intai included comments from him that he wants to be a very hands-on coaching oyakata, i.e. regularly getting into mawashi for keiko, not just sitting on the sidelines. That indicates to me that he probably still has designs on setting up his own stable. His father-in-law always seemed like a pretty diligent man when he was in Kyokai management, so it wouldn't surprise me if the details of that branch-out/re-establishment were already hammered out back when the original Oshima-beya folded - I doubt Tomozuna-oyakata will be able to block that move.

(I probably should have moved my initial reply to the Tenho intai thread...this is getting pretty off-topic here. :-S)

I don't see much problem with that. He is 40 and can have some decades ahead of him. This belongs elsewhere though, as the topic itself which should be in another section I suppose.

Edited by shumitto

Quite surprised that Shodai didn't take on a "real" shikona.

Okay, this is only funny in Franconian slang, but starting from Aki 2015 it will be

Shodaim!

in Juryo division.

(Sorry for all who don't get this pun, and even more sorry for those who get it...)

Not as sorry as I am for googling it!

Good luck with that!

Not as sorry as I am for googling it!

Good luck with that!

I got it after some initial confusion. And yes, you better be sorry on both accounts. :-)

Okay, this is only funny in Franconian slang, but starting from Aki 2015 it will be

Shodaim!

in Juryo division.

(Sorry for all who don't get this pun, and even more sorry for those who get it...)

Yeah, sorry me for getting it immediately B-)

For what it's worth, the reports immediately post-intai included comments from him that he wants to be a very hands-on coaching oyakata, i.e. regularly getting into mawashi for keiko, not just sitting on the sidelines. That indicates to me that he probably still has designs on setting up his own stable. His father-in-law always seemed like a pretty diligent man when he was in Kyokai management, so it wouldn't surprise me if the details of that branch-out/re-establishment were already hammered out back when the original Oshima-beya folded - I doubt Tomozuna-oyakata will be able to block that move.

(I probably should have moved my initial reply to the Tenho intai thread...this is getting pretty off-topic here. :-S)

The new Oshima oyakata would wait june 2017. At this time, Tomozuna oyakata will quit the NSK.

The new Oshima oyakata would wait june 2017. At this time, Tomozuna oyakata will quit the NSK.

Are you guessing or posting news?

Are you guessing or posting news?

Sorry, just guessing !