Sign in to follow this  
kuroimori

Basho Talk - Nagoya 2015 +++ Spoiler alert! +++

Hakuho looks like he hasn't had enough keiko, or if something else is on his mind. Not entirely there.

I think some time ago someone asked here what would happen if a rikishi doesn't have enough hair for a mage anymore -- looks like we just might find that out with Oosunaarashi. Although, looking at the shape of his body the cynic in me wants to ask which will happen first -- his retirement or loss of hair...

There's someone in the database whose picture shows him completely bald. I have no idea who it is, but it was linked on this forum some time ago. Good luck finding him.

That sounds like Kotoinazuma.

I found this old post about his danpatsu-shiki.

http://www.banzuke.com/01-1/msg00764.html

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a picture to go with it.

There must be one somewhere ...

That would probably be Taikomaru from Azumazeki beya.

Edited by Asojima

The yelling was just so intense. I was surprised, it's not as if this is only an Aoiyama thing. Some folks are notorious for never touching down (looking at you Kotoyuki)

Should we expect more strictness around this going forward?

Isegahama oyabun oyakata seems pretty strict when it comes to shimpan bucho duties and is known to lash out occasionally. Bossman is just down right scary in a stoic, slicked back hair, man in black kind of way.

stoic style

goodfellas style

Edited by inhashi
  • Like 1

If only he hadn't the same hairdresser as Bruno Mars.

• Like 1

Hakuho looks like he hasn't had enough keiko, or if something else is on his mind. Not entirely there.

I think some time ago someone asked here what would happen if a rikishi doesn't have enough hair for a mage anymore -- looks like we just might find that out with Oosunaarashi. Although, looking at the shape of his body the cynic in me wants to ask which will happen first -- his retirement or loss of hair...

There's someone in the database whose picture shows him completely bald. I have no idea who it is, but it was linked on this forum some time ago. Good luck finding him.

That sounds like Kotoinazuma.

I found this old post about his danpatsu-shiki.

http://www.banzuke.com/01-1/msg00764.html

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a picture to go with it.

There must be one somewhere ...

That would probably be Taikomaru from Azumazeki beya.

Thanks guys, I remembered there were some bald rikishi, but part of my wondering is also because I don't think any of them have been a sekitori. But then again I don't think that would change much.

Thanks guys, I remembered there were some bald rikishi, but part of my wondering is also because I don't think any of them have been a sekitori. But then again I don't think that would change much.

Apart from the aforementioned Kotoinazuma, Hakurozan came closest.

I'm quite impressed by Amuru this basho. No evasion, straight on sumo, powerful stuff. If he doesn't get injured again, he'll be around for a while.

Edit: And Osunaarashi *does* have a habit of landing on his shoulder.

Edited by Jakusotsu
  • Like 1

I'm quite impressed by Amuru this basho. No evasion, straight on sumo, powerful stuff. If he doesn't get injured again, he'll be around for a while.

Amuru do his best, yeah... maybe that's because our russian TV made a film about sumo and made an interview with him.

Edited by teo_heel

All active yokozuna, ozeki, and sekiwake won today.

Kyokutenho not looking good. He's looking like he'll have to settle for those six wins if he wants to stay in Makuuchi now.

Never seen Tochiozan making such an impressive start at this level. Now can he continue on this path ?

All active yokozuna, ozeki, and sekiwake won today.

And with what poor performance wins of the two (not yet) kadoban Ozekis. OMG.

nice terunofuji!

It's spelled "Yokozuna sumo". I do not imply any prediction for the future. Just what it looks like.

• Like 1

Kyokutenhō has been looking like he’s trying particularly hard to win, but is still winless…

Kyokutenhō has been looking like he’s trying particularly hard to win, but is still winless…

From his personal statistics view, it is a really alarmingly result. As sekitori he started 22 times with zero wins after three days and only achieved three kachikochi afterwards.

From his personal statistics view, it is a really alarmingly result. As sekitori he started 22 times with zero wins after three days and only achieved three kachikochi afterwards.

Yeah, but he doesn't really need kachikoshi this time to stay in makuuchi. A 7-8 or maybe even 6-9 (which he got the last time when he started with 0-3) would probably be ok for him.

tumblr_nrhl4rWVnR1tu97pzo1_400.giftumblr_nrhl94MGQK1tu97pzo1_400.gif

tumblr_nrhly53ebi1tu97pzo1_400.gif

Well that was entertaining. Thanks Moti! Hakuho must have read the comments

Edited by 808morgan
  • Like 1

That's pretty much the normal rate of achieving kachikoshi from 0-3...

Yeah, but he doesn't really need kachikoshi this time to stay in makuuchi. A 7-8 or maybe even 6-9 (which he got the last time when he started with 0-3) would probably be ok for him.

He's currently ranked at M11. Even a 5-10 record should still keep him in makunouchi. At best, that record would get him to M15. At worst, it would be M16. The big problem is that the way he's been going lately, those five wins may be difficult to achieve. But nothing Kyokutenho does surprises me any longer. I have a feeling that on the first day of the Aki basho, September 13th, he will continue to be a makunouchi rikishi. Interestingly, that date will be his 41st birthday.

• Like 1

A really bored Hakuho shows in the 3rd day that his only bored... not old, weak or anything

And there's no one in sanyaku or upper makuuchi that could match him, except, maybe, Teru.