Sign in to follow this  
Coo-cook

Hakuho vs. Kokkai

If Kokkai and Hakuho compete in this basho,who do you think will win ?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. If Kokkai and Hakuho compete in this basho,who do you think will win ?

• Kokkai
    • Hakuho

Hakuho is small and skillful. Kokkai is big and strong. Kokkai will demolish Hakuho just like he did last time, unless he screws up. And I must say, Kokkai has a slightly higher tendency to screw up than I would like to see in someone in who some people already see the next ozeki/yokozuna.

Edited by QttP

Actually,I was thinking the same way as QttP.

Hakuho will win by hatakikomi as he did today against Shimotori.

Kokkai ....

he is strong and looks more comfident from bout to bout.

Hakuho will have to wait for a mistake to win.

he is strong and looks more comfident from bout to bout.

Hakuho will have to wait for a mistake to win.

Sort of agree. This basho's his bout against Tochiazuma told me Kokkai is breaking barrier in Ashi-Koshi(footwork) department. It might be increasingly difficult for anyone including Hakuho to just dodge or side-push Kokkai. Having said that Hakuho perhaps is getting stronger in his nages etc.

Hakuho is the man. He will get his KK easily, and will soon be a Sanyaku regular. Kokkai may too someday, but its going to be at least a few basho.

Hakuho is the man. He will get his KK easily, and will soon be a Sanyaku regular. Kokkai may too someday, but its going to be at least a few basho.

Hmmm I tend to think it's the other way around. But no doubt about it, they will both be Sanyaku regular and it won't take very long. Especially not for Kokkai.

This Basho I see these two (maybe, JUST maybe Tochiazuma too) as the only potential threats to Asashoryu.

Two rikishi who have the opportunity to step up to the next level. Frankly, Kokkai would dominate as long as he keeps his feet underneath him. However, he seems to be making some silly mistakes so far this basho. Hakuho, likewise, has now cost himself two wins and any chance at all for a yusho this time out. He really needs to keep up the intensity until it's over cuz afterall, "It's not over until it's over."

However, he seems to be making some silly mistakes

Yeah, cleaning this up would make both improve socores substantially.

I think Hakuho will win it. Kokkai has had more problems towards the end of bashos and has not looked quite as lively the last few days. But we shall see... It

in my previous post i rooted for Kokkai but considering the matches i have seen from them both since then i have to say that Hakuho has even (not to say more) chances of winning this one.Kokkai looks like he is not giving it all , or his "all" is not enough ....

if i HAD to put money on this one i would say "Hakuho" but it is one of those matches that you have to just leave to the side......

Hakuho is going to win, simply because I hate him and love Kokkai.

I respect Kokkai.He is a proud Georgean fighter.

But, I want Hakuho win tommorow.

He seems to enjoi the sumo.You don't see any tension or worries from his face.

Is it a mental toughness or a childish easiness ?... I don't know.

If he loses , so what ? He has all the years infront of him.

Hakuho is going to win, simply because I hate him and love Kokkai.

Why Do you hate him?

To me tonight's bout is 55%-45% to Hakuho. But yes it is a toss up. Anyhow I don't ever remember seeing anyone who can instantly & magically replace the body position like he did with Buyuzan at dohyo edge!

Aside from the fact whether I like him or not, he is perhaps one of the most talented guy in the decade! Flexible, composed(looks so anyway), swift... just amazing...

At dohyo-iri time, the poll was 19:18 in slight favour of Kokkai. This is definitely going to be the most anticiptated bout of the basho!

My favourite? I'm happy with both of them, but I see a minor advantage for Hakuho.

Hakuho really manhandled Kokkai today, which frankly, surprised me.

He should keep doing this type of power sumo rather than resort to tricks since it is clear that he has the goods.

He should keep doing this type of power sumo rather than resort to tricks since it is clear that he has the goods.

Right, and I think he will.

Q-Tipp hates all Mongolians because he is an racist idiot. Period. Nothing more to say about this jerk.

Q-Tipp hates all Mongolians because he is an racist idiot. Period. Nothing more to say about this jerk.

Cavething - what you talking about ho? (Blushing...)

When will someone finally put an end to this?? This style, this language, this everything?