Sign in to follow this  
d_golem

Hi from Indonesia!

Hi all, greetings all the way from Indonesia!

Just a bit of background, my first intro to sumo was years ago when I was little through the awesome sumo manga (but unfortunately short lived) Hakke Yoi! By Takeshi Maekawa. Since then only recently I've been following the developments and the May basho mostly through the generous videos by Kintamayama, thank you very much for those they are Godsend!

I've been lurking the forums for about a month now since the start of the last basho, reading up on all the latest posts and slowly going through the Sumo Glossary section of the forum (which I might add is due for an update perhaps?). The wealth of info is astounding and is it right for me to assume there are some ex (or maybe active) rikishis frequenting the forum? Or maybe someone in the association?

Anyway that's it for my intro. Enjoying the ride so far :)

• Like 3

Nice to meet you. Enjoy the forum, maybe have fun, joining some games :)

Phor Killick aka Kosimazaki

Welcome. Regarding the fantasy footy, keep an eye on the thread you posted in over the next few weeks...will make sure you join our league.

Welcome!

Whereabouts in Indonesia? (It's a big place!) I went to the Indonesian part of Borneo a couple of years ago, to visit the orangutans - enjoyed it immensely!

A very warm welcome to you

(Welcome...)

My wife's family is from western Indo Borneo. How lucky were you to be able to visit the orangutans! As for me I currently reside in bustling capital city Jakarta.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard!!