Sign in to follow this  
Asashosakari

Long Kachikoshi Streaks - Natsu 2015

Day 14:

Lots of decisions as expected - Hamaguchi achieved kachikoshi at last, something we all figured he would do, but probably not quite this late. Juryo newcomer Nishikigi also secured his KK to stay on the ballot, while fellow second-divisioner Amakaze dropped to makekoshi. In addition Tochinobori finished the basho makekoshi as well.

Jejima was the only player with just one point today, while Tenshinhan succeeded in picking up all four, and that leads us to these penultimate standings:

Day 14:

8/9 Decisions, TB 6

Pos

Player

Pts TB

Tenshinhan

Gurowake

Andonishiki

chishafuwaku

Profomisakari

Tsubame

Achiyama

Asashosakari

kuroimori

Asojima

Jejima

Mmikasazuma

Pandaazuma

Holleshoryu

wolfgangho

Only Kisenosato is still undecided, after he avoided his 5th loss somewhat unexpectedly today. Leader Tenshinhan had a negative prediction for him, so if Kise loses tomorrow, he'll defend the top spot and win the yusho outright. In case of a Kisenosato win a three-way playoff will ensue between Tenshinhan, Profomisakari and Andonishiki - with the latter winning as the only one among them who correctly predicted that Hakuho wouldn't go 14-1 this basho.

Gurowake is unable to figure into the yusho decision but will be the only player to pick up the tiebreaker bonus win for the banzuke, with the lowest prediction no less.

Edited by Asashosakari

Day 15:

Kisenosato wins, and so does newcomer Andonishiki - congrats! Tenshinhan drops to the jun-yusho via bracket playoff, where he's joined by Profomisakari.

Final standings:

Day 15:

9/9 Decisions, TB 6

Pos

Player

Pts TB

Andonishiki

Profomisakari

Tenshinhan

Gurowake

Asashosakari

chishafuwaku

Tsubame

Achiyama

Asojima

Jejima

kuroimori

Holleshoryu

Mmikasazuma

Pandaazuma

wolfgangho

And here's the upcoming ballot for Nagoya:

1. Hakuho 50

2. Kisenosato 8

Narumi 7*

3. Shodai 7*

Tochinobori 6

4. Hamaguchi 6

Takayoshitoshi 5

Amakaze 4

5. Nishikigi 5

6. Kaiseio 5

---

7. Harumafuji 4

8. Terunofuji 4

9. Ishiura 4

Fortunately some sekitori additions that will keep us at 9 rikishi to predict on.

Thanks for playing! (Bye, bye...)

Edited by Asashosakari

Scores for banzuke purposes:

Andonishiki 8 (7+top)

Profomisakari 8 (7+top)

Tenshinhan 8 (7+top)

Gurowake 7 (6+tb)

Asashosakari 6

chishafuwaku 6

Tsubame 6

Achiyama 5

Asojima 5

Jejima 5

kuroimori 5

Holleshoryu 4

Mmikasazuma 4

Pandaazuma 4

wolfgangho 4

Total: 85 / 15 = 5.67 ---> +2 wins

As mentioned Gurowake picked up the TB bonus win.

New banzuke for Nagoya 2015:

Jejima (Ye 7-8) Y ---

Asashosakari (Ow 8-7) O kuroimori (Oe 7-8)

Profomisakari (M3w 10-5 D) S Gurowake (M1w 9-6)

Tenshinhan (M4w 10-5 D) K Andonishiki (NR 10-5 Y)

chishafuwaku (M2w 8-7) M1 Tsubame (M3e 8-7)

Mmikasazuma (Se 6-9) M2 Pandaazuma (Sw 6-9)

Asojima (M1e 7-8) M3 Holleshoryu (Kw 6-9)

Achiyama (M2e 7-8) M4 wolfgangho (NR 6-9)

ryafuji (Ke 0-0-15) M5 Tsukiko (M4e 0-0-15)

Kisenosato's senshuraku bout not only decided the LKS yusho, it also determined which one of our two ozeki would go kadoban; kuroimori ended up with the short end of the stick. As indicated earlier yokozuna Jejima will have to be placed on intai watch - after back-to-back MK he cannot go makekoshi in July and also cannot go MK twice in the next four tournaments.

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Like 1

I just asked myself why Andonishiki had won. He predicted KK for Tochinobori and Takayoshitoshi (I predicted MK for both). Is he getting a point for Hakuho because 13-2 is closer to 11-4? Then also my Tiebreaker (7) is better than his. I guess the TB doesn't matter but how is the Yusho decided then? I am quite sure that everything is correct, just thought I had won... :'-(

I just asked myself why Andonishiki had won. He predicted KK for Tochinobori and Takayoshitoshi (I predicted MK for both). Is he getting a point for Hakuho because 13-2 is closer to 11-4? Then also my Tiebreaker (7) is better than his. I guess the TB doesn't matter but how is the Yusho decided then? I am quite sure that everything is correct, just thought I had won... :'-(

Purely on KK guesses you were two better than andonishiki, yes. But the points for sanyaku guesses aren't given on correct KK, but on the predicted median score from all players. And andonishiki got points for Hakuho and Kisenosato where you was on the wrong side.

Purely on KK guesses you were two better than andonishiki, yes. But the points for sanyaku guesses aren't given on correct KK, but on the predicted median score from all players. And andonishiki got points for Hakuho and Kisenosato where you was on the wrong side.

Okay, thank you. But this only explains we both have 7 points. And what is the Yusho decider? I first thought it's the TB but it must be something else as my TB 7 is better than Andos 8 or Profos 10.

Tiebreaker guesses are only the first tie breaker if they are correct. The next tiebreaker beyond that is to compare results from the top of the ballot. If you were wrong on Hakuho and he wasn't, he gets it.

• Like 2