Sign in to follow this  
Tenshinhan

Snooker World Championship 2015

Just saw this video of Ding Junhuis maximum break attempt. At 9:30 he suddenly has a total blackout and puts the cue ball on to the Blue, very funny. Maybe he should have tried a 145 (might be enough for the highest break of the tournament).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB3jo6IxGpk

Ronnie tried a maximum in his very first frame but he missed the 14th Red. During the break he asked the referee again how much money there is for a 147 at the Crucible (I think the answer was 20,000 pounds)

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Like 3

Do you remember the situation where Ronnie onetime didn't want to play the very last black ball to finish his maximum, because there was no extra money for a maximum beside the highest break?

Ronnie is a great player, but I don't like his antics and I hope the Stevens can win against him (but manly because he is one of my favorite players).

And I was surprised in good way by McGill. Hope to see more snooker from him.

Edited by Tsubame

Do you remember the situation where Ronnie onetime didn't want to play the very last black ball to finish his maximum, because there was no extra money for a maximum beside the highest break?

Yes, I think I remember this. But if my memory is right, he potted the last black in the end (because everybody wanted him to do it).

Ronnie is a great player, but I don't like his antics and I hope the Stevens can win against him (but manly because he is one of my favorite players).

I like Ronnie. For me it's always fun to watch him play and I don't think that Stevens will have a chance against him. But lately I was very surprised of Stevens' first round match against Williams and especially in Sheffield Stevens showed some great Snooker in the past.

And I was surprised in good way by McGill. Hope to see more snooker from him.

As Mark Selby is my favourite player (since his WCS final 2007) I didn't want to see more Snooker from McGill. But he played really well and he deserved to win. Maybe Selby was too much under pressure as the defending champion, already in the first round he was very lucky to beat Maflin.

Great to spot more snooker lovers here. The frame in the final at 15-15 was legendary. Great new world champion, also.

The frame in the final at 15-15 was legendary.

Right. And Murphy should have won the 31st frame but he missed an easy Yellow from the spot (he needed only Yellow, Green and Brown to save it). So this was the key frame. After Bingham got the 16-15 lead, he had a huge psychological advantage.

All in all, Bingham was the best player of the tournament with nearly perfect breakbuilding (although I never would have expected that). But he also was a bit lucky in the semi-final decider against Judd.

• Like 1

I was cheering for Murphy, but you had to admit that Bingham had a hard tournament schedule with a lots of ex-champions and played quite flawless. Not impressive, not entertaining, but with extremly less failures.

Yes, what a tough schedule Bingham had! After Selby lost, I was rooting for O'Sullivan, Trump and Murphy but he beat 'em all.

I will never forget the combination in the last frame of the semi-final (at 29:30). Usually this is not possible/ pottable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UERSgRbCqpk

• Like 1