Sign in to follow this  
Asojima

Hatsu 2015 Comments

Damn. I'm hearing these reports while sitting in Haneda Airport waiting to fly home. And I already miss the sumo!

Impressed thus far with Terunofuji and even though he hasn't been winning Tochinosin is looking good. Gagamaru has also looked solid down in Juryo.

Harumafuji also looks to be in good form. Exciting basho thus far!

Edited by CT3*
  • Like 1

Ikioi was bloody robbed of a bloody monoi.

Total B.S.

If you watched the slowmotion, you can Ikioi's heel touched the outside before Hakuho felt.

• Like 1

Ikioi was bloody robbed of a bloody monoi.

Total B.S.

If you watched the slowmotion, you can Ikioi's heel touched the outside before Hakuho felt.

Yes, it was very clear on the replay. Hak dodged a bullet.

Is it only me or has Hakuhou dodged a few bullets this basho?

• Like 2

Aioyama has had the wood on Kisenosato for the last few bashos but Kise totally owned him today.

And that Teronofuji-Kakaryu bout was epic. Totally epic.

This is a fabulous basho so far, some really, really good match-ups.

• Like 1

Hakuho really is not as dominating as usual so far. And Harumafuji seems like 120 %. So there is a real chance for Harumafuji winning this one. I hope he doesn't though^^ But we will see.

So there is a real chance for Harumafuji winning this one.

No way, never, the script says zensho for the new record. ;-)

Hakuhō played with his food and it almost cost him. Thoroughly impressed by Terunofuji, there are a few rikishi that I feel should be doing much better than what they usually do, and Terunofuji is showing that he can this basho. Sad that Kyokutenhō is 2–3.

Sad that Kyokutenhō is 2–3.

Yes, very sad after last basho's kanto-sho. I hope he can break the pattern of following up a good basho with a MK... (cross fingers).

Goeido is also giving his 120% and look at his bouts. Barely enough to win 3 out 5. He embarked on the Ozeki train with a sekiwake ticket.

Again, good to see Aminishiki still has it.

• Like 7

Sad that Kyokutenhō is 2–3.

Yes, very sad after last basho's kanto-sho. I hope he can break the pattern of following up a good basho with a MK... (cross fingers).

Kyokutenhō will be satisfied with a 8-7 after the tournament or even a 7-8. If he goes higher, he would have to fight the Sekiwake-ranks, and I think he knows he better stays where he is right know.

• Like 3

Is it only me or has Hakuhou dodged a few bullets this basho?

I thought he had been looking pretty good so far this basho. He did come VERY close to losing today but at least he was moving forward and not resorting to pulls like some other rikishi which I shall not name.... (Whistling...)

Edited by Kishinoyama

yes, an understandable strategy for Tenho -- survival in Makuuchi without injury is going to help him break the records, not going for another major prize. Softly, softly catchee monkey...

Edited by orandashoho

Day 6 - Jokoryu limped out following his loss to Kyokutenho.

Here goes the Hakuho hater again :) just give it a rest....

I am not Hakuho fanboy, but lets admit that the guy has it... can we? I dont understand why people started saying that he almost got caught and stuff this basho... he completely owned Teronofuji even though he let himself in bad position, he waited for him to move so he can use the motion and that was obvious. He is close to his decline, but it will not be today, first he will surpass Taiho with 5-6 extra cups, than he will retire.

The only bullet that he dodged was the Ikioi bout so lets not pretend that things happened, when they did not.

Harumafuji is a monster. So fast, by far he is the one that i enjoy watching the most (when he has his mojo).

My prediction - Hakuho and Harumafuji will battle it out for the winner of this basho, everything can happen, but so far it looks that way.

• Like 3

I'll give it a rest when he starts taking his shiko seriously. I'll give it a rest when he starts winning the majority of his matches with a controlled oshi-dashi. Until then, I ain't resting. ;)

I'll give it a rest when he starts taking his shiko seriously. I'll give it a rest when he starts winning the majority of his matches with a controlled oshi-dashi. Until then, I ain't resting. ;)

I predict that after Hakuho reads your comment on the forum this evening, he'll buck his ideas up and have textbook shiko from tomorrow for the rest of his career! B-)

• Like 1

I predict that after Hakuho reads your comment on the forum this evening, he'll buck his ideas up and have textbook shiko from tomorrow for the rest of his career! B-)

LOL

He doesn't care about shiko. Period.

• Like 1

LOL

let me correct your last sentence:

He doesn't care about YOUR INTERPRETATION OF shiko. Period.

Edited by Tsubame
  • Like 3

LOL

let me correct your last sentence:

He doesn't care about YOUR INTERPRETATION OF shiko. Period.

If he cares about his shiko, why is it so rapid and jerky?

He could learn a few things about shiko from Endo. Of that I am sure.