Sign in to follow this  
shumitto

Juryo Promotions - Hatsu 2015

Only three promotions. Masunoyama (24, Chiganoura) and Akiseyama (29, Kise) are returning and the sole debutant is Onosho (18, Onomatsu). He is the tenth youngest sekitori since the showa era and the first teen sekitori since Chiyootori in March, 2012.

• Like 4

I knew it was a pretty thin field, but I still thought Masunoyama was a bit of a stretch. If the slots are there what can you do I guess.

I am probably not the first to complain, but it bugs me a bit that as you point out, Onosho is the only debutee to juryo this time, but for the whole category it is called "shin-Juryo", new to juryo, which in many cases they aren'T.

By the way, Shumitto, I just noticed you are a supporter of Tamaasuka. Glad to see that. The guy deserves accolades I think for how many times he is willing to fight his way back into makuuchi even though he always gets knocked back down after a basho or two. I don't know if he has beat out Otsukasa in this particular stat yet. I wonder (to the air in general) who is the number one juryo/makuuchi bouncer?

• Like 1

I wonder (to the air in general) who is the number one juryo/makuuchi bouncer?

Quite easy to query:

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Query.aspx?show_form=0&rowcount=5&group_by=rikishi&having=6&form1_j=on&form1_ms=on&form1_sd=on&form1_jd=on&form1_jk=on&form1_mz=on&form1_bg=on&form2_m=on

Makes me miss Otsukasa even more...*sniff*

Thanks for the query. Tamaasuka ain't even close! He has a lot more yo yo-ing to do to catch up the yo yo veterans.

Yeah I miss Otsukasa too. Have you seen him in his post active years. He is just your normal, average guy. You would never guess he used to be a sumo wrestler.

Edited by Asameshimae

Yeah I miss Otsukasa too. Have you seen him in his post active years. He is just your normal, average guy. You would never guess he used to be a sumo wrestler.

Yup. I would buy a used car from him any time. B-)

Some fishy pics from Onosho
PK2014112702100084_size0.jpg

001.jpg

96958A9E81818A99E1E2E2E4E28DE0E4E3E3E0E2
with Onomatsu-oyakata
sp-in-141126-01-ns-big.jpg

mmjiji_mega_0018262496.jpg
visiting his hometown: with the town mayor Ono
20141128-OYTNI50054-L.jpg

He strives to become like Takanohana, who also was a teen sekitori. Taka may teach him directly, the heya is in the same ichimon, Onomatsu-oyakata wants to let him do much degeiko there.
http://www.chunichi.co.jp/chuspo/article/sumo/news/CK2014112702000173.html

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 4

Only three promotions. Masunoyama (24, Chiganoura) and Akiseyama (29, Kise) are returning and the sole debutant is Onosho (18, Onomatsu). He is the tenth youngest sekitori since the showa era and the first teen sekitori since Chiyootori in March, 2012.

Glad to see Akiseyama returning to Juryo!

• Like 1

Onomatsu looks like he has been taking a shower in his suit.

He probably just caught those fish for Onosho bare-handed.

• Like 2

Why is there a Nerf bow and arrow set on the wall?

There used to be a squirt gun next to it, but . . . look at Onomatsu.

Onomatsu looks like he has been taking a shower in his suit.

He probably just caught those fish for Onosho bare-handed.
I think maybe the giraffe spat at him.