Sign in to follow this  
Pica-Pica

Kangaroo Sumo/BJJ

This is an amazing video of two kangaroos fighting, using tachi-ai and tsuppari. It's a bit long, but keep watching until 4:15, when one of the roos loses his balance and falls, and the other gets him in a rear choke! (The loser survives.)

Wait until you see the Combat Wombats in action. That video is a bit creepy for creatures that are normally very gentle but the males do like to spar. I would love to see the massive extinct kangaroos in action . Giant short faced kangaroos (Procoptodon), extinct 40,000 years ago, were 3 m (10 feet tall) and weighed 200 kg.

Combat Wombats -- I love it!

Kangaroos must have very tough hides, because those kicks to the belly look like they're meant to disembowel an opponent.

Big kangaroos are scary MFs. I once pased a pack (? Flock? School?) that occupied a meadow in the Grampian Mountains. I seem to have come a little too close, so a couple of big males (I hope they were the males...) stood up, showed me their monstrous torsos and started to growl like Rottweilers on speed.

I still wake up screaming.

Edited by yorikiried by fate

I've never encountered aggressive kangaroos, but I did once watch in amusement as a camper was chased by a really ticked off tiger snake.

• Like 1

I've never encountered aggressive kangaroos, but I did once watch in amusement as a camper was chased by a really ticked off tiger snake.

Scary......

When I was a little kid I finshed up in a pit with the Racoons at the zoo(I made out I fell but actually I jumped in as part of a childish prank)

Should say I was nowhere near the racoons and not in very long either

Scary......

When I was a little kid I finshed up in a pit with the Racoons at the zoo(I made out I fell but actually I jumped in as part of a childish prank)

Should say I was nowhere near the racoons and not in very long either

Raccoons are the spawn of Satan. They have a weekly brawl on my roof. They seem to use modified Sumo rules for wins and losses. If one gets thrown one the roof, he loses. They sound worse than cats fighting.

• Like 1

Yes, but highly entertaining spawn! Except....when you're enjoying a lovely candlelight dinner on your patio and you suddenly hear an explosive snarling roar as two raccoon boars get stuck into each other in the neighbour's backyard. I didn't hang around to get names!

I've heard some strange stories about raccoons, including one that involved a cat door, a family of hungry raccoons, a bunch of firefighters, and the cat owner who wasn't going to let the raccoon eat the cat's food without a fight. Let's just say the firefighters convinced her to back away when papa raccoon reared up on his hind legs and roared at her.

• Like 1

So, a buddy of mine had a cat. It was an annoying cat that liked to wake him up in the middle of the night to go outside for the bathroom. It had the irritating habit of hiding on him after he got up, but if he went back to bed, it would just keep scratching to go out until he sent it out. This went on for weeks, with it getting progressively harder and harder to find the cat when it wanted to go out. Eventually, one night, the cat just didn't bother returning.

A few nights later, he heard it scratching at the door again. Confused, he opened up his back door and discovered a family of raccoons. One was scratching at the door for him to toss out another cat.

• Like 1

But seriously....that would never happen in our neck of the woods. The moggies here are so big -- I'm told they have been breeding with the local mountain lions. :-O ======> ;-)

A young couple living near us has a sign on their fence --

Be Aware - Dog has issues.

• Like 1

A young couple living near us has a sign on their fence --

Be Aware - Dog has issues.

I love it! Can't say you weren't warned!

A few weeks ago my cat finally lost his temper when the dog raided his food bowl one time too many. He launched himself in an all-out attack on the dog and that was that -- the dog was afraid to come out of her crate for the rest of the day. And pushy-cat strolled casually away with bits of dog hair clinging to his claws and teeth.

If you haven't already seen the video of the cat attacking the dog that attacked her boy, it's worth a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6GQR3Ym5M8

• Like 2

But seriously....that would never happen in our neck of the woods. The moggies here are so big -- I'm told they have been breeding with the local mountain lions. :-O ======> ;-)

If we hear cat howls where I live now its more likely to be humans fighting on the way back from the pub.....

Cats are mostly timid little things here but If I do see cats fighting or hissing at each other(Or Foxes) I usually break it up being a cat lover,

Its just occured to me that I used to say I lived at the posh end of Brereton ave(one of the longest roads in Cleethorpes) it begins on the border of Grimsby and goes for a 30min walk distance and the further into cleephorpes you go the posher it gets i used to be 20mins in now maybe 2mins in (Oh dear!)

Edit-Although cats are mostly timid i would bet on the cat versus the dog in at least 80% of cases,dogs are cowards by nature.....

Edited by Fujisan

The funniest cat related sign I read recently went something like this-

http://www.j-m-e.net/CSSS/details.php?image_id=174

Lost cat-

Missed much loved family pet,real name Timmy but also answers to Fatboy for obvious reasons........

(Not the real picture but very close to the original)

Edited by Fujisan

Here it's illegal to leave your cat outside unsupervised, but you do occasionally see one of the neighbourhood moggies slinking around. If I saw a cat fight I would break it up, too. They can sustain some nasty injuries and infections from claws and teeth.

My friend's husband decided to sneak up on their cat as he sat watching something through the window (the cat, not the husband). Simon is what I would call a real "sumo-cat", big, muscular, with paws nearly as big as a dog's, and a fang protruding from his lower jaw. Not surprisingly, when "M" startled him, Simon spun around and edited M's face with his claws. The next day at work M had to explain (sheepishly) to all of his co-workers what had happened to his face. (Laughing...)

Cats are unpredictable......

One of my friends had a lovely black cat really affectionate he was....

But if you catch him on a bad day totally different......

He goes mental .hissing,biting and and clawing anyone who gets too close..

He was only a small cat but he seemed to have paws 5 feet long paws that seemed to come from every diredtion...i still have the scars......

My cat one time sunk his teeth into my head while i was on on the playstation,,,,,No damage,he was after attention i think

They can do some very unexpected things when they're after attention (dog's have a far smaller vocabulary that way). Another friend had a cat that would walk right up to the television and turn it off to get their attention.

My sister knows a guy whose cat goes about town with him draped over the guy's neck and shoulders like a shawl.