Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Araibira will not be broadcasting

Sad news, but who couldn't understand. Thank you for what you have done already! Hoping you 'll find time and energy in the future, Araibira, but I know how hard that is. All the best whishes

• Like 2

All the best Araibira. Sometimes real life gets in the way.

As long as you put as much into your school and work as you do into your Sumo, you will deserve to do extremely well. Good luck with everything!

• Like 1

Araibira

Thanks for all the time, energy and dedication you have given to us sumo fans over the years. You've consistently engaged in a massive undertaking to bring sumo to the masses. Its only right that you take some time for YOURSELF.

Best of luck with your classes and your internship! Ganbare!

Oh my!!! Really sad news, but like the others said, you deserve a break, dude. Good luck with your stuff, and a big THANK YOU for all your work over the years.

Awful news. Best wishes Araibira and many thanks for your considerable contributions.

Swami

No need to apologize, Arabira! Au contraire! A whole lot of sumo fans actually have to be thankful for your tremendous and voluntary work you have done until now.

Hope you have at least a little time to follow the basho as the action unfolds!

• Like 4

I am heavily considering purchasing the (vastly overpriced) Ustream ticket for the purposes of watching all the lower division bouts, and it's going to be between semesters for me (for the most part) and I certainly would consider attempting to put in the work to get at least the non-Makuuchi bouts available in the same way araibira has done (although probably not until they are archived by Ustream after the day is over; live is in the middle of the night here), but I have absolutely no clue how to do so. I generally am able to learn things well if I'm given decent instructions, but I don't have any experience in video editing or recording or anything else like that and have no idea where to begin. I'm also unsure if my computer will be able to handle it as it's got a few years on it and I don't do much of anything that back-breaking on it. I could just try to use Google and find out what I could, but given that I'm preparing for finals this week I don't have tons of free time to waste trying to figure this stuff out. If I can get good, clear specifications and instructions on how to do something similar to whatever arabira had been doing, I'd definitely be willing to purchase the stream (which I might do anyway) and put in the work to get it done.

• Like 13

I'm really happy to hear that Arabira is getting these opportunities to showcase his talents and build his career. Good luck my friend!

Of course I will miss the incredible service he provided for us, perhaps another hero will emerge (good luck Gurowake!).

Many thanks to Arabira for all his hard work and dedication. Big thanks also to Kintamayama whose excellent summaries may be the only hon basho action many of us see for a while.

According to Alex Jones, the Kyokai paid Araibira handsomely to discontinue his coverage.

Who is Alex Jones and can he arrange some payment for me too?

• Like 3

I was joking bro. I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings.

I appreciate your contributions as much as anyone on this forum.

Mahalo

• Like 1

According to Alex Jones, the Kyokai paid Araibira handsomely to discontinue his coverage.

Who is Alex Jones and can he arrange some payment for me too?
Alex Jones is a conspiracy theorist. I was attempting to be humerous.

If you need cash I can send you forty or fifty bucks via paypal.

Masu3, I feel for you. My humor also gets misunderstood quite often.
That being said, Kinta is a very funny guy as well, though.

Edited by Vikanohara
  • Like 1